Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/29/2006 11:05:06 AM EDT
Lookin for some help fellas,

I've been boxing at a gym for about 4 months now pretty religiously 3-4 hours a day 6 days a week. We recently started sparring about 2 months ago and have had my contact knocked out of place few times now. Wasn't really a big deal because they would slip back into place after a few blinks but now I have lost one and I know its just a matter of time before I lose another one.

Boxing without them isn't really a option because of poor eyesight and I was informed by my doc that its not a good idea to box after having lasik surgery.

Is there a type of contact that is less prone to "popping" out or made for contact sports??
I'm gonna start amateur boxing soon and I would hate for my contact to pop out during an actual match.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:09:12 AM EDT
When I wore gas permeable 'semi-soft' lenses, I would frequently have one pop out. I switched to the disposable lenses and have never lost one. They are much larger and cover more of the cornea.

What type are you using?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:17:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Chas:
When I wore gas permeable 'semi-soft' lenses, I would frequently have one pop out. I switched to the disposable lenses and have never lost one. They are much larger and cover more of the cornea.

What type are you using?

I use the gas permeable. I stick with those because they are supposedly better for your eyes because of more oxygen getting to your eyes. I guess maybe I can order some disposable and use those only when I box.

Anyone else have any feedback?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:22:02 AM EDT
I used disposables and squirt some saline in your eyes. It will help.
Top Top