Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/29/2006 5:48:34 AM EDT

despite my anger at what ive seen with the protests, part of me is surpsied and maybe even a bit envious of the organization, unity and mexican pride i've been seeing. and somehow this seemed to come together quite quickly without months of hype nad promotion. 500,000 people is a conservative etimate. what makes this special? the million mom march was a bust. the million man march not much better. both of these groups had loads of cash, tons of planners and special interest advertisings, yet were compeltely outclassed. is there any other operation in america that could even hope to equal what the mexicans are doing? and i wonder if jesse and al are feeling any embarrasment from their piss poor results of activisim in comparison.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:50:44 AM EDT
La Raza!
the race man!

if you have pride in yourself you can do great things.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:52:58 AM EDT
They have alot to gain and nothing to lose.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:54:26 AM EDT
1. There are more of them. They just surpassed black people as this nations largest minority.
2. They speak a common language. Ebonics, while stupid, isn't really a separate language and, as evidence, any 12-year-old white kid can master it.
3. Common heritage/nation/culture: For most latinos in the US, it's Mexico. They've got the flag and the history.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:54:40 AM EDT
Americans have not been oppressed for all of recorded history therefore we have individual lives. Mexicans have been oppressed for all time and have to band together to survive. Many are also from small villages where the tribal mentality is still strong.

That's why they can live 10+ in a house that Americans think is crowded with 4 or 5 in it.

Makes my heart bleed

rj
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:55:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By totalabuse:
They have alot to gain and nothing to lose.

+!,

They are seizing the moment. The time is now to take advantage of the political power their numbers afford them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:57:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2006 6:04:35 AM EDT by Hokie]
haves and have nots....

it isn't much more complicated than that.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:58:01 AM EDT
I used to live in a majority mexican neighborhood and they had a very strong community. Everyone was tied together somehow or another and the families were very large and placed a high importance on seeing and communicating with one another. Cookouts every weekend, weddings, parties, all were packed with generations of family. I don't see many other races doing this. If they do they don't do it to the extent that I have seen mexican families do it. Maybe that plays an important part of their unity. What they like to call Familia could be the key to it all. Just a thought and observation.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:02:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2006 6:04:23 AM EDT by Variablebinary]

Originally Posted By torstin:
despite my anger at what ive seen with the protests, part of me is surpsied and maybe even a bit envious of the organization, unity and mexican pride i've been seeing. and somehow this seemed to come together quite quickly without months of hype nad promotion. 500,000 people is a conservative etimate. what makes this special? the million mom march was a bust. the million man march not much better. both of these groups had loads of cash, tons of planners and special interest advertisings, yet were compeltely outclassed. is there any other operation in america that could even hope to equal what the mexicans are doing? and i wonder if jesse and al are feeling any embarrasment from their piss poor results of activisim in comparison.

When you live on welfare and work shitty ass jobs you have time to whine, and protest.

You think Michael Jordan, P. Diddy, Shaq or Spike Lee have time to be protesting. Despite what most think, most blacks in America live above the poverty line and classify as middle class. When you are middle class you cant afford to waste time protesting. You have bills to pay. That is why the million man march sucked

Same can be said for Asians, and most other hispanics (Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Dominicans).

Mexicans and south american latinos have the worst living standards of any ethnic group in America (except for native Americans) so as you might guess they have lots of free time to talk that La Raza bullshit.

Mexican nationlists living in Cali. Yeah that makes sense
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:06:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:10:19 AM EDT
More of them and their homeland is right next door so they have less incentive to assimilate.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:13:32 AM EDT
Well ... in any case, we know it ain't the water
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:15:34 AM EDT
We lost the day builders stopped building stoops
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:22:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By UH_SALT_RIFLE:
I used to live in a majority mexican neighborhood and they had a very strong community. Everyone was tied together somehow or another and the families were very large and placed a high importance on seeing and communicating with one another. Cookouts every weekend, weddings, parties, all were packed with generations of family. I don't see many other races doing this. If they do they don't do it to the extent that I have seen mexican families do it. Maybe that plays an important part of their unity. What they like to call Familia could be the key to it all. Just a thought and observation.

I was "adopted" into a Mexican family when I lived in Arizona and this was my experience as well...

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:32:41 AM EDT

despite my anger at what ive seen with the protests, part of me is surpsied and maybe even a bit envious of the organization, unity and mexican pride i've been seeing. and somehow this seemed to come together quite quickly without months of hype nad promotion.

Actually they have been promoting it on Spanish language media for several months.

500,000 people is a conservative etimate.

Closer to 200K per LAPD.

what makes this special?

12-20 million illegals in the country. most of them in the southwestern US. Most of them of latino decent. not that hard to round up 200K people with brown skin and nothing to do when you have that pool to draw from.

the million mom march was a bust. the million man march not much better. both of these groups had loads of cash, tons of planners and special interest advertisings, yet were compeltely outclassed. is there any other operation in america that could even hope to equal what the mexicans are doing?

Its not "the mexicans." It's brown skinned illegals and their supporters. those people are from Mexico, Guatamala, honduras, equador, cuba, columbia and many are the US born children or grandchildren of illegals.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:36:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2006 6:37:22 AM EDT by NightWatchman]

Originally Posted By Variablebinary:

When you live on welfare and work shitty ass jobs you have time to whine, and protest.

You think Michael Jordan, P. Diddy, Shaq or Spike Lee have time to be protesting. Despite what most think, most blacks in America live above the poverty line and classify as middle class. When you are middle class you cant afford to waste time protesting. You have bills to pay. That is why the million man march sucked

Same can be said for Asians, and most other hispanics (Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Dominicans).

Mexicans and south american latinos have the worst living standards of any ethnic group in America (except for native Americans) so as you might guess they have lots of free time to talk that La Raza bullshit.

Mexican nationlists living in Cali. Yeah that makes sense

Check your numbers again about race, poverty, and welfare. I've never seen a greater rise in wealth than with hispanics.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:55:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:
We lost the day builders stopped building stoops

Huh ????

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:03:46 AM EDT
Because the rest of us would get fired from our jobs for doing the shit these criminals are doing. If I left work to go to some rally my ass would be fired. If the landscaper doesnt show up no one notices.

Criminals everyone of them.

Top Top