Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 5:28:29 PM EDT
well, just a picture of a long lost uncle of mine and his STG44 he sent back to the states.

On the back of the photo it reads:  Uncle Louis posing with German machinegun he sent home with some German flags.  

My aunt had a huge stack of old photos over at my mom & dads house and I happened to see this one when they were glancing through them.

LB
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#1]
So where is it now
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#2]
wow! imagine if you guys could turn that gun up.... it'd be worth a fortune........
....n fucking legal bills.  damn shame that a hero can't bring back a trophy and share it with his family without the JBT's taking a wet bite out of your ass
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#3]
For all we know he found the gun and he's smart enough to keep his mouth shut
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:33:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
For all we know he found the gun and he's smart enough to keep his mouth shut

+1
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:34:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool. Last night we got a call and dispatched EOD to a house where a family cleaning out grandpas basement found a live Jap WWII grenade. Wonder what other goodies are there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:40:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Cool. Last night we got a call and dispatched EOD to a house where a family cleaning out grandpas basement found a live Jap WWII grenade. Wonder what other goodies are there.

IIRC WWII Japanese 'nades were kinda hinky even when factory fresh.....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Had to do with the acid in em.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:54:53 PM EDT
[#8]
coolest pic I've seen in awhile...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Did you shoot their dog?  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:57:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow, that is really cool.  

Your uncle had good taste.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

By the time the cops would call us (EOD), all the guns were long gone.

Me: "Ma'am did your husband have any firearms in addition to the grenades?"

Widow: "No sir. I gave them to all those nice police officers."

Me: "Hey guys, what about the weapons?"

Cops: "What weapons?"

Seriously, most departments had a policy on that kind of stuff and the police officers had to turn them in. In the places that didn't have a policy, I usually got there about half an hour too late.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I saw one of those on a website......this guy named Eric was selling it....oh wait it was a Vietnam Bring Back....Oh wait.....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:35:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I told my Capt, "I can't believe they didn't call me." They lived down my street too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top