Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't want your job, I want to go through MOUT town.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#2]
BUST Instructor? Must be one hell of a training program.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
BUST Instructor? Must be one hell of a training program.

Basic Urban Kills Training, I dont know what you are trying to imply there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Great pics, thanks for taking the time to post them. This picture is interesting...Is it an optical illusion or is everyone on the left of the pic a southpaw? If they're not lefty's, are they taught to shoulder the weapon on their off shoulder for a reason?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:16:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
img140.imageshack.us/img140/8076/p32900220qj.jpg

Great pics, thanks for taking the time to post them. This picture is interesting...Is it an optical illusion or is everyone on the left of the pic a southpaw? If they're not lefty's, are they taught to shoulder the weapon on their off shoulder for a reason?

wall- body- weapon.

By having thier weapon in thier left shoulder, as they become exposed to windows/doors/alleyways etc, the first thing that is visible is thier muzzle and thier eye. So they can immediatly engage. Big MOUT thing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img140.imageshack.us/img140/8076/p32900220qj.jpg

wall- body- weapon.

By having thier weapon in thier left shoulder, as they become exposed to windows/doors/alleyways etc, the first thing that is visible is thier muzzle and thier eye. So they can immediatly engage. Big MOUT thing.

Thanks. I kinda figured it was something like that. I understand for shooting around a barricade but I was wondering why placing the rifle on the off shoulder in the open like that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#7]
tag

cool thread!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome pics!  Thanks!

What was/is your opinion of their uniforms?  How well has the camo pattern worked?  How does it compare to standard Woodland?  How do you think it compares to MARPAT?

-K
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OK Ace, how would you rate their esprit, etc compared to a Marine rifle company? How do these "elite" of the Army compare? Is their shit "wired tight"?

Edited because a former 0311 should know how to spell friggin esprit

They are motivated and well led, eager to learn, and overall physically fit.

However:
What is really wierd is thier weapons handling skill, alot seem VERY uncomfortable with weapons, they were bad at moving with them, we worked on that alot. I was told by one of them that they usually only get weapons when they go to the range, which I found odd (and I am not sure I believe). Anyway, some had good weapons handling skill but a large amount seemed like they had never held a gun before in thier life.

I am going to have to guess many of them were support personell, I was in 3/325 and we drew weapons for just about everything. A weapon was basically an extension of ourselves.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Is there no requirement for head, neck, and groin protection when you guys use Simunitions?
We (AF) are required this protection as a minimum when we exercise.  Additionally, our bbls and handguards must be blue in color.  I guess different services have differing requirements.

We utilize the MOUT village at Ft Dix (range 12) when we teach CQB, though it is not nearly as nice as your facility.

Good pics!

B_S
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#11]
This brings up a question I had for a little while... what do Airborne soldiers learn during their training? Is it just how to parachute and land safely, or is there other things like unit tactics and/or weapons training etc. involved?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Is there no requirement for head, neck, and groin protection when you guys use Simunitions?
We (AF) are required this protection as a minimum when we exercise.  Additionally, our bbls and handguards must be blue in color.  I guess different services have differing requirements.

We utilize the MOUT village at Ft Dix (range 12) when we teach CQB, though it is not nearly as nice as your facility.

Good pics!

B_S

When we start shooting we make them wear the neck and groin protectors on thier flaks, and wear paintball masks. The barrel used to be blue but the paint has long since worn away haha, we Marines are too poor/lazy to paint them again.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
This brings up a question I had for a little while... what do Airborne soldiers learn during their training? Is it just how to parachute and land safely, or is there other things like unit tactics and/or weapons training etc. involved?

Jumping is just how we get there and what is supposed to be our mission ie airfield seizure etc. (well back wen I was in anyway) Other than that its pretty much constant field time ,training, training, training and more training.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Awesome pics!  Thanks!

What was/is your opinion of their uniforms?  How well has the camo pattern worked?  How does it compare to standard Woodland?  How do you think it compares to MARPAT?

-K

You cant really make a judgement on that in our enviroment, people are easy to see no matter what they wear in the town. I personally like the cut of it (where pockets are and stuff), but not the color, it looks blueish to me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Cool pics, thanks.

Where is the muzzle of the #3 guy covering?  Looks uncomfortably close the the #1 mans head from this angle.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#16]
What were you saying about videos of you, RustedAce?

I must have missed that....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

refering to this: video.google.com/videosearch?q=Robert+Rusch&page=1&lv=0&so=0

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=435840
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good pics!

B_S

When we start shooting we make them wear the neck and groin protectors on thier flaks, and wear paintball masks. The barrel used to be blue but the paint has long since worn away haha, we Marines are too poor/lazy to paint them again.

Copy, Tango!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Ok I loved the fire ball video. looks like they got more then they expected...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Ok I loved the fire ball video. looks like they got more then they expected...

That was me filming, felt like I was on fire! hahah
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kickass! I really liked the one called "Iraq fortunate son"...was that Hendrix playing the Star Spangled Banner? It sounded almost exactly like a video clip I saw of him from Woodstock.

The grenade juggling was pretty funny too. I didn't really understand the one with the Iraqis randomly doing pushups and situps. Was the Marine just goofing off with them or what?

+1 on not wanting to do your job but REALLY wanting to go through the MOUT town/training.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#22]
wasn't it already hot enough, what sense is a campfire. by the way when were you over there. I was OIF 1 and three monthes of 2.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kickass! I really liked the one called "Iraq fortunate son"...was that Hendrix playing the Star Spangled Banner? It sounded almost exactly like a video clip I saw of him from Woodstock.

The grenade juggling was pretty funny too. I didn't really understand the one with the Iraqis randomly doing pushups and situps. Was the Marine just goofing off with them or what?

+1 on not wanting to do your job but REALLY wanting to go through the MOUT town/training.

Yeah it was Hendrix. That was a translator having them do pushups, he asked them if they were tough enough to be in the Iraqi army and were having them prove it.

Please post anymore comments on the movies in thier threads so we can keep this about MOUT. thanks.

If you want to come through MOUT town join the Marines Or if you are already in a branch ask your command about coming through. We have taught just about everyone from SWAT cops to Dutch Marines.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
got this from them.

That's my DREAM JOB. Why no pictures of you being a BUST instructor?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
wasn't it already hot enough, what sense is a campfire. by the way when were you over there. I was OIF 1 and three monthes of 2.

hahah, it was 135 out and we were just trying to get rid of a pile of rocket fuel.

Was there from last Feb to Sept.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Pretty neat. That simunition is awesome stuff.

Tag.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Tag.

It's also hilarious to see the reaction when people are faced with a threat that can actually shoot back at them, and hurt them........................................

Some mighty unusual reactions to stress have been observed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:54:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tag.

It's also hilarious to see the reaction when people are faced with a threat that can actually shoot back at them, and hurt them........................................

Some mighty unusual reactions to stress have been observed.

I get to see at least one new crazy reaction each week, along with the usuals.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:08:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:28:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top