Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 1:51:11 PM EDT
Delta airlines...Wholly Mother of God. What a painful experience!

First and foremost my name is Bill, NOT 'Beal.'

My fiance's name is Kimberly, NOT 'Krimberly.'

My son's name is Chason, NOT 'Krason.'

Krap, whatta freaking headache!

I've purchased homes in less time.

2 hours on the phone to book 3 flights?

Least I got her name...'Saynl.'  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I just flew to Sweden and back via Delta, three legs, all went excellent. Even wrote them an email thanking them for a great trip in the air and on the ground.

Musta got real dumb ass on your turn in the barrel...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#2]
You have unreasonable expectations...

The airlines did not outsource their customer service; they simply got rid of it.

You should be greatfull that you got a seat... just STFU and hope the damned plane doesn't fall out of the sky.

Next time, try online reservations from Expedia or the airline's website that's the way to go these days...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Had some incredibly bad service from United recently.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't had to travel via air for about 10 months but prior to that I was flying fairly regularly.  I laearned after a while to simply hang up and call back again whenever I connected to a foreigner.  It saves time in the long run.

The incident that finally convinced me to "hang up and try again" occured in Dallas.  I was scheduled on the last flight to OKC and the plane was having maintenance issues.  I called Delta to schedule a seat on the first flight in the morning (plan B if the plane didn't come up).

The person I spoke to (who I believe was Indian) could speak English but didn't really seem to understand it.  I told her that I needed to fly from Dallas to Oklahoma City and arrive there as early as possible.  She told me that I could depart Dallas at 0600.  Then she told me that my flight would go through Tampa (my starting point earlier that day), then another connection (don't remember where) and then to OKC (arriving late afternoon).  I asked about the earliest flight from Dallas to  OKC  (direct) and, although there were several, she didn't seem to be able to understand why I didn't want the earliest flight out (even though it didn't get in until later.

After doing everything I could to try to explain what I wanted I finally gave up.  When I called back, I spoke with an American and got everything sorted out .  Since then, I have vowed to hang up and call back, no matter how long the hold.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:32:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I know some airlines - American among them - used to have prison inmates handling some of their reservations and other calls.

Awesome to be potentially talking to a convincted murderer or rapist when your wife is making her travel reservations and giving her home address and travel plans.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top