Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 8:26:25 AM EDT
I remember watching this UK mini series as a kid back in 1981. OK so the spec effects are a bit dated and the Zombies are plants  but I never realy remembered how much of a survival/TEOTWAWKI/SHTF film it was.

I just watched it again today and there's many issues raised that would still be important in this day and age.

Anyone seen it?

There's a torrent knocking about still I think.

Cheers

Taffy
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:35:07 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a classic.
The british one that haunted me though was the one where they dug underground in london and found the alien bodies, I'm drawing a blank on the name.  That one made an impression on me as a little kid.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:35:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I liked the original movie (1962) when I was a kid. I never saw the mini-series.

Oddly enough, It seems like most of our shows are based on hit British TV series. I never saw a triffids rip-off though .  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:43:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It's a classic.
The british one that haunted me though was the one where they dug underground in london and found the alien bodies, I'm drawing a blank on the name.  That one made an impression on me as a little kid.

"Five Million Years to Earth" IIRC

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:51:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Saw part of the original movie.  I really liked the book, though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:54:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's a classic.

"Five Million Years to Earth" IIRC

Damn, beat me to it!
I liked how they showed the insect aliens battling eachother on their homeworld (Mars ?) in an effort to thin out their own population - self genocide of sorts.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:57:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I just enjoyed reading the book as a kid.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I liked the classic  1960 movie "THE TIME MACHINE"

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:56:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It's a classic.

That was something like "50 million miles to earth" or something like that.

Nevermind.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:56:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I liked the classic  1960 movie "THE TIME MACHINE"

www.teachwithmovies.org/guides/time-machine-DVDcover.jpg

I just watched that with my wife a week ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top