Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/28/2006 8:26:25 AM EDT
I remember watching this UK mini series as a kid back in 1981. OK so the spec effects are a bit dated and the Zombies are plants but I never realy remembered how much of a survival/TEOTWAWKI/SHTF film it was.

I just watched it again today and there's many issues raised that would still be important in this day and age.

Anyone seen it?

There's a torrent knocking about still I think.

Cheers

Taffy
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:35:07 AM EDT
It's a classic.
The british one that haunted me though was the one where they dug underground in london and found the alien bodies, I'm drawing a blank on the name. That one made an impression on me as a little kid.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:35:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2006 8:38:33 AM EDT by weptek911]
I liked the original movie (1962) when I was a kid. I never saw the mini-series.

Oddly enough, It seems like most of our shows are based on hit British TV series. I never saw a triffids rip-off though .
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:43:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DarkKnight:
It's a classic.
The british one that haunted me though was the one where they dug underground in london and found the alien bodies, I'm drawing a blank on the name. That one made an impression on me as a little kid.

"Five Million Years to Earth" IIRC

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:51:29 AM EDT
Saw part of the original movie. I really liked the book, though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:54:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By out-a-ammo:

It's a classic.

"Five Million Years to Earth" IIRC

Damn, beat me to it!
I liked how they showed the insect aliens battling eachother on their homeworld (Mars ?) in an effort to thin out their own population - self genocide of sorts.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:57:12 AM EDT
I just enjoyed reading the book as a kid.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:42:34 AM EDT
I liked the classic 1960 movie "THE TIME MACHINE"

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:56:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2006 9:57:12 AM EDT by LARRYG]

It's a classic.

That was something like "50 million miles to earth" or something like that.

Nevermind.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:56:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DienBienPhu54:
I liked the classic 1960 movie "THE TIME MACHINE"

www.teachwithmovies.org/guides/time-machine-DVDcover.jpg

I just watched that with my wife a week ago.
Top Top