Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2006 9:11:51 PM EDT
Had a "friend" come over tonight, got to talking about guns and how he just got this sweet walther G22.  I was like "yea its an ok gun"  Then he says about how it jams when he fires hollowpoints out of it and how he herd that you should never fire hollow points out of a semi rifle because they will jam it.  I look at him with one of those what the fuck did u just say looks and say, where the hell did u hear that from?  

Then the best part
He goes, yea i got a scope and a laser on my g22, but im getting it made into full auto next week.  
I go, "how much u payin to get it made full auto?"  he goes "$200, hes filing down the firing pin"

Then i tell him the bad news
I went "So your paying $200 for a gun that is going to me made to not fire anymore?"  

He goes "what", then i explain to him that by filing down the firing pin will not make it full auto and it prolly wont shoot.

Am i  right here?

or should i call and tell him i was wrong, that filing it down will make it go full auto

Same guy that has 2nd degree burns on his right arm because he tried to light his woodburner by throwing a cup full o gas into it when he "thought" it was out.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually hollow point bullets did have failure to feed problems on sub guns back in the day.  The British SAS used FMJ 9mm out of their MP5s and High Powers when they stormed the Embasy in London.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:15:45 PM EDT
[#2]
tag just in case there are more stories.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#3]
No he ment that HollowPoints will not work in ANY semi automatic rifle.

Also said if HP is shot, will jam every time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Your friend sounds like a jackass.....................
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Your friend sounds like a jackass.....................

+1

I hate dumbfucks who say shit like that.  Idiots like that are an embarassment.  $10 says he doesn't even have the gun, he either saw it at a pawn shop or in a magazine.

He's the type that buys a chromed Hi Point carbine and promptly puts a laser on it that he never zeroes.  I see them in the local shop every week and I just cringe...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:27:43 PM EDT
[#6]
The teen counter-strike warrior crowd is equally as bad
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:28:19 PM EDT
[#7]
na he has it,  i got to hold it

Cheapo scope, cheapo laser

$10 to me

want my paypal acct?

j/k
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

silveradoguy17
Post Number :: 339

PA, USA

but i dont play counter strike if thats what your talking about
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#9]
new Kel Tec P3AT's don't like shooting HP (at least mine didnt)  a quick fluff and buff clears it up most of the time tho
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

oh god, don't even get me started.  I've actually picked arguements with complete strangers over stupid shit they spout off about counter-strike.  The airsoft crowd is just as bad.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Of course you don't file down the firing pin, you file down the ----

Semis can be picky about their ammo.  A little JUDICIOUS tweaking can usually correct the issue.  Can be due to bullet shape, cartridge weight, feed ramp angles, etc.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#12]
BTT for evening crew
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I say call him and let him fill the pin down...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I say call him and let him fill the pin down...

Yup, best not to put Darwin on hold.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#15]
ok, when your friend says "here hold my beer and watch this" step WAY back!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Give him my contact information - I think I may have just found a way to make an easy $200..
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:17:12 PM EDT
[#17]
People tend to hang with others that are near the same general IQ level.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:35:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yep!

Travis
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep!

Travis

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Your friend is going to be on the "Catcher" list in federal prison...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#21]
First off ure spellin sucs and ure stori is bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#22]
What is it with people thinking a file will make a weapon fully auto?
Fully broken perhaps.
People are idiots. Please have your buddy send all the left over parts from his G22 to me after he is done with his experiment, I can always use spare parts for mine

You may wish to consider picking some new friends.....ones that are actively seeking to commit federal crimes may not be the best element to associate with.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#23]
You should have undercut the offer and done the work for $175.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Had a "friend" come over tonight, got to talking about guns and how he just got this sweet walther G22.  I was like "yea its an ok gun"  Then he says about how it jams when he fires hollowpoints out of it and how he herd that you should never fire hollow points out of a semi rifle because they will jam it.  I look at him with one of those what the fuck did u just say looks and say, where the hell did u hear that from?  

Then the best part
He goes, yea i got a scope and a laser on my g22, but im getting it made into full auto next week.  
I go, "how much u payin to get it made full auto?"  he goes "$200, hes filing down the firing pin"

I went "So your paying $200 for a gun that is going to me made to not fire anymore?"  

He goes "what", then i explain to him that by filing down the firing pin will not make it full auto and it prolly wont shoot.

Am i  right here?

or should i call and tell him i was wrong, that filing it down will make it go full auto

Same guy that has 2nd degree burns on his right arm because he tried to light his woodburner by throwing a cup full o gas into it when he "thought" it was out.

Talk to him every once and a while.  

Whats this about this IQ bullshit?  The guy that said hes having this done to his G22 has one underage drinking charge, and he is losing his licence for the second time this coming monday for doing 90 in a 55.

Me, no criminal charges, no underages.  I actually want to do something with my life unlike him.  He doesnt want to go to college, me, I'm a Junior this year and already know what I'm doing after highschool.

Municipal police, then PSP (Pennsylvania State Police)
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then the best part

Am i  right here?

Talk to him every once and a while.  

Whats this about this IQ bullshit?  The guy that said hes having this done to his G22 has one underage drinking charge, and he is losing his licence for the second time this coming monday for doing 90 in a 55.

Me, no criminal charges, no underages.  I actually want to do something with my life unlike him.  He doesnt want to go to college, me, I'm a Junior this year and already know what I'm doing after highschool.

Municipal police, then PSP (Pennsylvania State Police)

Those won't be the only charges on his record if he keeps actively seeking to have his firearms illegally modified to full auto.

He's going to end up in prison and you would do well to disassociate yourself with him before the ATF decides you were trying to have yours modified as well.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Dude, just tell him it's a waste of money to pay someone to file down the firing pin.  Tell him to do it himself.  When he comes back with a broken gun, tell him he's an idiot and don't talk to him any more.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:36:31 PM EDT
[#27]
I think all this "File 'er down" stuff comes from the M14 which was a machinegun but locked in Semi by the .mil for the average joe. Guys learned real quick how to file the selector lock out gizmo to make it rock and roll.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:18:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm a Junior this year and already know what I'm doing after highschool.

Whats up with all the young dudes lately?  Just a question.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Shit ive been around for about a year but never joined up until the end of last year.  Got my first AR feb 1st where I work at.  The local funstore.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:10:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, there's all kinds of stories. File the sear, stretch the spring, file the pin down. Of course, no one can tell you which pin to file, or spring to stretch.

ETA- Tell him to do it himself, then when he's frustrated because his gun wont work, offer him $50 for it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:11:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Shit ive been around for about a year but never joined up until the end of last year.  Got my first AR feb 1st where I work at.  The local funstore.

WTF?  I want to work in a funstore!  Not that I would actually MAKE any money, but it would be a hell of a job.  Just pay me a gun every month, and make up the balance of the pay stub with appropriate ammo.  Don't worry about withholding for taxes, I'll just sent the brass to the IRS.  That should cover the taxes.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:20:33 PM EDT
[#32]
I will file down any firing pin tip for 50.00,and i will cover shipping.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:29:07 PM EDT
[#33]
What "freind" ?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:35:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I will file down any firing pin tip for 50.00,and i will cover shipping.

I'll do it for $35.

Here's one from an airsoft forum:

the p90 fires a far more effective round, i believe the penetration of the 5.7 round is 27 layers of kevlar. and the .223 is far less. the only real reason they still use the .223 is because it keeps the enemies alive and as long as the enemy is alive there has to be other enemies helping him. therefore less enemies shooting at you.

I think I sufficiently owned him (had a member of the forum that I know post a rebuttal).  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:41:01 PM EDT
[#35]
I hate people who "think" they know stuff about guns.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:02:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Sounds like a way to get a cheap G22 when he screws it up!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:14:48 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I hate people who "think" they know stuff about guns.  

Yeah! Not like us here who know everything about guns....
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:44:44 AM EDT
[#38]
hi
Some people actually like to play counter strike without spouting off a bunch of dumb shit and talk like a hacker or what not. i play and i really dont talk to anyone at all. i do always say hi whenever i join a game though, i think i do it just because no one else ever does. it's kinda my thing my favorite setup is the kreig rifle, by itself.

cool huh?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:11:50 AM EDT
[#39]
I met a Federal agent last Sunday; he told me so.

He's a bail recovery agent; I was remarkably restrained and didn't call his BS but probably should have since some of the other folks in our CW class were mightily impressed.

Now that I think about this, I don't recall watching him shoot anything, either.  Probably too tactical for that crowd of amateurs.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:30:42 AM EDT
[#40]
$200 to file down a firing pin? i'll do it for nothing, and pay for shipping! i would be happy to make his gun useless, dipshit like this shouldnt have a gun, that actually works
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top