Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2006 9:10:11 PM EDT
I was fondling one this weekend, seemed to fit my hand well and I bet it would be more concealable than my Glock or Sig.

Looks like they only make it in 9mm and .40.  If there are any aftermarket .357Sig barrels available I'd probably buy it next weekend.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:18:10 PM EDT
[#1]

BHP practical 9mm, customized to my tastes.

I'm very happy with it. no qualms about it being a 9 vs a .40. Obviously, if you wanted .357SIG, you'd need to buy the .40 and get the aftermarket barrel.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have seen a 1 slide failure and  the recoils springs die quick on the .40 ones (don't know why}

the 9mm guns are more than proven though

of course YMMV
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:26:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a 9mm, Canadian Manf.

It fits my hand like no other, great guns.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:48:27 AM EDT
[#4]
They are single stacked, right? Seems like a lot of gun to carry around to only have a limited amount of 9mm. If I was going to carry a cocked and locked single stack pistol, it would be 1911.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:51:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Hi Powers are double stacked (first ever I believe), 9mm standard mag holds 13, .40S&W holds 10.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:22:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have seen a 1 slide failure and  the recoils springs die quick on the .40 ones (don't know why}

the 9mm guns are more than proven though

of course YMMV

I have had my 40 for about 4 years now. No problems.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I've owned two BHP Practicals, both in 9mmP.  I still have one.  No complaints with either of them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:30:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I've owned a couple.  You'll have to do a trigger job first thing.  It seems it's against FN/Brownings religion to install nice triggers.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:37:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I have one similar to the picture above.  I dont have the Novaks installed yet, or the forged hammer.

I love to shoot this handgun! I dont know what more to say.  It fits like a glove, shoots very well, and is very reliable.

There is a list of things I wish to change about, but all in good time, I suppose.  I would stipple the front and rear of the grips, Novak tritium Bar/Dot sights, C&S ambi safety, C&S forged hammer.

The triggers on BHPs arent great, but its because of the trigger disconnect.  Remove that, and the trigger isnt bad at all.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I had a BHP that I spent a ton of money having customized. I replaced the hammer, trigger, sear, and safety with Cylinder and Slide parts and had a gunsmith remove the mag disconnect and do some work to smooth up the trigger and internals. I then sent it off to Robar and had the frame refinished in black Rogaurd and the slide, barrel, and parts done in the matte grey Np3. I also bought some cocobolo grips and Milt Sparks VM-II and double mag carrier for it. It was a nice pistol.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

BHP practical 9mm, customized to my tastes.

i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/mall-ninja/BHP.jpg

I'm very happy with it. no qualms about it being a 9 vs a .40. Obviously, if you wanted .357SIG, you'd need to buy the .40 and get the aftermarket barrel.

That's a good looking piece there. I've been giving some thought to one, but I'd have to find a hell of a deal on one to get it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top