Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2006 7:19:10 PM EDT
Anyone else here bodybuilders, or hang out on Bodybuilding.com?  Ive been lifting and off for most of my life, but got quite serious about a year ago.  I plan on competting in a couple of small shows in 2 or 3 years.  Anyone else into the iron game?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]

More of a powerlifter than body-builder, though.  Tryin' to change that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#2]
ive worked out sense back in high school just to stay in shape for hunting. i dont try to put on alot of muscle sense i dont wanna have to pack it around. lots of guys i know are huge and most of its for show its not for me but what ever floats your boat.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:26:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I can bench press 80% of the ARs I see on this forum with all the doo-dads hanging off of them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Count me in. I have put on 20 lbs of muscle in 2 years.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:35:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That is awsome.  Did you have much fat gain?  Do you have a strict diet and training plan?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is awsome.  Did you have much fat gain?  Do you have a strict diet and training plan?

Yes I have gained fat also, probably about ten pounds.  For the first year and a half my training schedule and diet was pretty strict.  The last six months I have reduced the lifting to 3 days a week.  I am trying to do more cardio now to lose fat.  I have no plans for competing.  

Co workers are always giving me grief about eating "cat food" (tuna) for meals.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I have gained fat also, probably about ten pounds.  For the first year and a half my training schedule and diet was pretty strict.  The last six months I have reduced the lifting to 3 days a week.  I am trying to do more cardio now to lose fat.  I have no plans for competing.  

I love the "cat food".  When I eat tuna everyday when cutting, the fat seems to fly off.  What type of sups or gear are you using?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love the "cat food".  When I eat tuna everyday when cutting, the fat seems to fly off.  What type of sups or gear are you using?

Pro Complex
Pro Complex PM
V12 Turbo
Glutamine

I buy it online a bulknutrition.com

How about you?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Just drank the Pro Complex PM and off to bed I go.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Anyone else here bodybuilders, or hang out on Bodybuilding.com?  Ive been lifting and off for most of my life, but got quite serious about a year ago.  I plan on competting in a couple of small shows in 2 or 3 years.  Anyone else into the iron game?

Yeah, I just got back into lifting about 4 months ago and have been frequenting forum.bodybuilding.com/index.php] since I've been back.  For me, I feel like I don't have to much to learn with regards to training.  My areas of weakness are in supplements, and that I work out solo for the most part, so it's harder to get myself to the next level.  I've made significant gains / improvements in the last couple of months and I don't see myself slowing down.  I plan to be rip roaring buff for my upcoming trip to Jamaica.

My latest things...

I've decided to add Nitric Oxide to my supplements (3g/day).  I've been reading a lot about it, and have personal acquaintences who've experienced significant gains from using it.  It has an additive effect if you use it with creatine, but I'm holding off on the creatine untill I get down closer to 12% body fat.  I'm at 16% right now.

I've decided to scrap all these bs low carb diets and stick to what's tried and true.  Eat frequent well balance meals of healthy carbs and proteins and cut out any unecessary fats and colesterol.  Eating lots of salads, grilled fish/chicken, egg whites, ff yogurts, nuts, etc.  Eat as much carbs as I do protein.  Drink water when I'm feeling hungry in between meals.

That's all for now.  Bounce back some feedback.  I'm curious as to what you're doing...

ETA:  I've been lifting on and off for 20 years and have maitained in good to great shape w/ exception to smoking which I recently quit.  I've never 'bodybuilded' competitively, however my goals are similar.  I don't take any steroids and I only use commonly available over the counter supplements.

L-Carnitine 1000mg/day
NO 3g/day
EAS MUSCLE ARMOR:
HMB
Glutamine
Arginine
BCAAS
Taurine
Omega 3 Fatty Acid Complex
Active Mans Multi-Vitamin
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:08:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pro Complex
Pro Complex PM
V12 Turbo
Glutamine

How about you?

Multi
fish oil
ON 100% whey
GF pro  green apple
creatine CCE
L arginnine
Glutamine
AMP - The best pre work out supp available.

Ive done
M1A - very potent and legal, but shuts you down hard and a good PCT is needed.
N1T - Trib and long jack,  I got amazing strength gains
NO explode - I absolutely love it

Thinking of doing some test in the future...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Started out about 5 - 6 years ago. Was 5'11and 135 went up to just over 215 went to bootcamp went back down to 170. Now im back at about 195. Hard to keep a clean diet these days. Im one of those guys that need to eat 7 times a day to gain mass. I used to frequent those sights but they get repetative after a while. Infact i was a senior member at a few before i joined the service.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I just got back into lifting about 4 months ago and have been frequenting forum.bodybuilding.com/index.php] since I've been back.  For me, I feel like I don't have to much to learn with regards to training.  My areas of weakness are in supplements, and that I work out solo for the most part, so it's harder to get myself to the next level.  I've made significant gains / improvements in the last couple of months and I don't see myself slowing down.  I plan to be rip roaring buff for my upcoming trip to Jamaica.

My latest things...

I've decided to add Nitric Oxide to my supplements (3g/day).  I've been reading a lot about it, and have personal acquaintences who've experienced significant gains from using it.  It has an additive effect if you use it with creatine, but I'm holding off on the creatine untill I get down closer to 12% body fat.  I'm at 16% right now.

I've decided to scrap all these bs low carb diets and stick to what's tried and true.  Eat frequent well balance meals of healthy carbs and proteins and cut out any unecessary fats and colesterol.  Eating lots of salads, grilled fish/chicken, egg whites, ff yogurts, nuts, etc.  Eat as much carbs as I do protein.  Drink water when I'm feeling hungry in between meals.

That's all for now.  Bounce back some feedback.  I'm curious as to what you're doing...

ETA:  I've been lifting on and off for 20 years and have maitained in good to great shape w/ exception to smoking which I recently quit.  I've never 'bodybuilded' competitively, however my goals are similar.  I don't take any steroids and I only use commonly available over the counter supplements.

The NO products Ive used dont really give me any gains, but my recovery time is very short, and greatly increases vascularity.  Try some creatine CEE.  I like Green Bulge or Ergopharm CELL-FUEL .  Its more effective also with out the water bloat.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Ive done

Can you elaborate on the highlighted things above?  I'm kinda new again to the supplement market and would love to learn more about those products.

I've heard and seen excellent results with the NO Explode.  Good choice!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Try some creatine CEE.  I like Green Bulge or Ergopharm CELL-FUEL .  Its more effective also with out the water bloat.

I've stayed away from Creatine b/c of the bloating aspects.  I was on it at one time and did fine, but then the bloating set in.

What is CEE?  What is Green Bulge and Ergopharm Cell-fuel?  Could you elaborate?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I work out 3 or 4 days a week just to stay in shape. Mainly just basic upper body strength conditioning and cardio. I don't do it as a hobby as I find it incredibly boring.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Not really a body-builder more of a tri-athlete.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ive done

Can you elaborate on the highlighted things above?  I'm kinda new again to the supplement market and would love to learn more about those products.

I've heard and seen excellent results with the NO Explode.  Good choice!

AMP
It will give you strength gains imediatly.  Its like kinda like ephedra with out the thremogenic properties.  Crazy energy without the shakes, or crash.  I love taking it before a cardio session as it will increase your focus and it seems like you can go on forever.  

M1A or Methyl 1 Alpha has just been discontinued, but still available. Taking 3 caps a day for three weeks, and proper nutition( ie lots of calories, body weight x 25/ 1 to 2 grams or protein per body wieght) you will see 10 to 15 lbs of lean body mass gain.  When ingested it turns into Methyl 1 Test, which is a very potent Pro hormone.  The down side is that you have to run a post cycle therapy of Nolvadex/Clomid(legal research chemicalsl)  or something similar( all legal, ATD + 6 oxo + fenugreek)  for 4 weeks to get your natural test back to normal.  Also while taking it you need to take milk thistle since it is some what liver toxic.  Also it is smart to take Hawthorn berry to keep your BP down.  There is very little water bloat.  Before using M1A do some research so you know waht you are getting into and all the little things you need to know about the subastance.  

N1T
Its a compilation of herbs that makes your body naturally produce more free testosterone.  Its the componds in it have been used for thousands of years by the chinese for things like ED and PMS in women.  Its all natural and does not need a post cycle therapy.  I did one cycle and noticed huge gains in strength and some size.  Its amazing what your body can do with a little extra test in it.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:56:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I been lifting for a few years, but just started getting a little more serious about a year back. I don't want to get into competitive bodybuilding as I dont really have the frame aesthetics for it. My hip bones are too wide, therefore I could never have that tiny little waist that wins competitions. I lift mostly for functional strength. Currently on a H.I.T. routine 3 times a week concentrating on compound movement lifts,  with two separate days of light cardio. Only supplements are Optimum Whey and a multivitamin. The rest I try to get from diet. Starting to eat clean again after falling off a bit in the winter. Made good muscle gains last year, around 13 pounds or so with minimal fat gain and put about 1 1/2 inches on my thighs and about 3/4 on my arms and calves. Currently weigh 185 with about 11% bodyfat. Need to cut down a little, ideally around 170-175.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:56:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Try some creatine CEE.  I like Green Bulge or Ergopharm CELL-FUEL .  Its more effective also with out the water bloat.

I've stayed away from Creatine b/c of the bloating aspects.  I was on it at one time and did fine, but then the bloating set in.

What is CEE?  What is Green Bulge and Ergopharm Cell-fuel?  Could you elaborate?

CEE is Creatine Ethyl Ester.  Green Bulge and Ergopharm Cell-Fuel are just diferent CEEs.

CEE is basically creatine monohydrate with a ethyl group attached.  It gives you all of the benifits of creatine with out the water bloat.  There are plenty of medical research papers on the net that suports the claims of the companies producing it.  It has realy turned into a staple of a lot of lifters out there.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:01:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Not really a body-builder more of a tri-athlete.

My cousin is a tri-athlete, and I must say I have lots of respect for y'all.  Its tough competition.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pro Complex
Pro Complex PM
V12 Turbo
Glutamine

How about you?

Multi
fish oil
ON 100% whey
GF pro  green apple
creatine CCE
L arginnine
Glutamine

Ive done

Do you take all of these on different cycles, or everyday according to your workout schedule? and one more final question what is a PCT. all of this stuff sounds interesting I am always trying to find stuff to help me with gains. I am 6'1 190 right now and I am at a peak with metabolism being the factor holding me back.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Multi
fish oil
ON 100% whey
GF pro  green apple
creatine CCE
L arginnine
Glutamine

Ive done

Quote KJCA3
Do you take all of these on different cycles, or everyday according to your workout schedule? and one more final question what is a PCT. all of this stuff sounds interesting I am always trying to find stuff to help me with gains. I am 6'1 190 right now and I am at a peak with metabolism being the factor holding me back.

Multi
fish oil
ON 100% whey
GF pro  green apple
creatine CCE
L arginnine
Glutamine

This is what I am currently taking.  

With food
Multi twice a day
fish oil with every meal

Pre workout
AMP
L arginnine( its basically a NO product in its raw form)

Post work out
ON 100% whey
creatine CCE
Glutamine

Through out the day
ON 100% whey
GF pro  green apple
They are whey products that Ill drink in between meals to help make sure I get enough protein.  

M1A is done in a 3 week cycle with a 4 week PCT.  

N1T can be added when ever.  Its basically Tribulus Testeronis and Long jack with some other shit.  I take it until the bottle is gone.  2 before workout, 2 when you go to bed.

NO Explode, can be taken any time.  I will usually do either do one or two bottles and then take some time off and then go back to it. because it has creatine and arginnine I dont take other cratine or NO sups with it.  

PCT is post cycle therapy.  It is traditionally done after a prohormone, steroid, or (something similar) cycle to restart your testosterone system fast and help you keep your gains.  It is a must when taking anything like that.  Before doing a substance you must research it and figure out what you need to do to saty healthy.  This includes things like M1A, Hadrol or other similar legal sups.  To do more research on PCT go to any bodybuilding web site like bodybuilding.com and search PCT and you will find everything you need to know.  There are plenty of articles and threads on the subject.

It sounds like you are a ectomorph.  Your body is a poop factory, so just eat like crazy.  Every 2 hours have a meal high in protein like chicken, tuna, fish, turkey, and high in good carbs oatmeal, rice, whole grain breads.  Also remember to eat your veggies.  

ETA you could also add digestive enzimes to your sup list.  It will help you in digesting your food and absorbing more nutrients.  Dont forget a good multi.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#24]
I forgot to add I have taken ZMA (zinc magnesium asperate).   It is a night time sup that replaces the zinc in your body that BB and the like use quite a bit of.  Its suposed to help your body make testosterone and help you sleep deeper.  I really dont know if it helped at all.  I probably wont be doing any more in the future.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:21:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I just started lifting weights.

Not a body builder, but my arms are KILLING me tonight. I had to do TWO sets because I missed last night, AND went up in pounds today.

I hurt right now.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:29:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Yep, been lifting on and off for years.

Got serious about it big time last year.

I'm about to pass to out, I'm goin' to bed...

Oh, and I didn't know that site existed...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:07:36 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Multi
fish oil
ON 100% whey
GF pro  green apple
creatine CCE
L arginnine
Glutamine

Ive done

Quote KJCA3

Multi
fish oil
ON 100% whey
GF pro  green apple
creatine CCE
L arginnine
Glutamine

This is what I am currently taking.  

With food
Multi twice a day
fish oil with every meal

Pre workout
AMP
L arginnine( its basically a NO product in its raw form)

Post work out
ON 100% whey
creatine CCE
Glutamine

Through out the day
ON 100% whey
GF pro  green apple
They are whey products that Ill drink in between meals to help make sure I get enough protein.  

M1A is done in a 3 week cycle with a 4 week PCT.  

N1T can be added when ever.  Its basically Tribulus Testeronis and Long jack with some other shit.  I take it until the bottle is gone.  2 before workout, 2 when you go to bed.

NO Explode, can be taken any time.  I will usually do either do one or two bottles and then take some time off and then go back to it. because it has creatine and arginnine I dont take other cratine or NO sups with it.  

PCT is post cycle therapy.  It is traditionally done after a prohormone, steroid, or (something similar) cycle to restart your testosterone system fast and help you keep your gains.  It is a must when taking anything like that.  Before doing a substance you must research it and figure out what you need to do to saty healthy.  This includes things like M1A, Hadrol or other similar legal sups.  To do more research on PCT go to any bodybuilding web site like bodybuilding.com and search PCT and you will find everything you need to know.  There are plenty of articles and threads on the subject.

It sounds like you are a ectomorph.  Your body is a poop factory, so just eat like crazy.  Every 2 hours have a meal high in protein like chicken, tuna, fish, turkey, and high in good carbs oatmeal, rice, whole grain breads.  Also remember to eat your veggies.  

ETA you could also add digestive enzimes to your sup list.  It will help you in digesting your food and absorbing more nutrients.  Dont forget a good multi.

Thanks for all the info man, my protein intake is pretty high but my food choices are what kill me. Anyways thanks again I will definatley research this stuff it sounds like a good way to put on some mass.

KJC
Thanks for all the info
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:26:01 AM EDT
[#28]
I have been workingout since high school, was also a college athlete.  Right now I am going heavy and trying to grow, also a guy I workout with wants me to do a local bench contest with him in two weeks. I am not a big bencher I pushed 365 last night, he thinks I could do 405 if I change my form a little and do some heavy lockouts, current weight 230-235.

Right now I am taking:

10-20 grams of M1T
5 grams of M1D
acouple of 19nor3andros
Protein suppliment
Mega multivitamin

Anybody ever take halodrol?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:39:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Prohormones are now considered anabolic steroids after the latest Anabolic Steroid control Act... they are schedule 3 drugs.  Talking about it is like discussing how you would like snort some blow on the weekends.  Please keep your felonies to yourself and off this forum.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:40:21 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm on the Barry Bonds blend
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:41:58 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'm on the Barry Bonds blend

You too?  I've got Balco on speed dial.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:43:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Bodybuilding? I'm more into bodywrecking...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:45:08 AM EDT
[#33]
i went to a bench press compition this weekend.
i was not competing, but i should have...... i would have taken third place, in my weight class. of course, there were only two other people competing.

190-200lb wt class results:
1st- 420 lbs failed at 430
2nd- 330 lbs failed at 350
guy that took first was on the juice for sure (i know for a fact)

overall winner:
450 lbs- the guy looked like he was on the juice, but i am not for sure on that.

one of the heavy wt competitors tore the muscles off his chest (tore the ligaments) doing 360 lbs, it was the most disgusting thin i have ever seen.

i lift 4 days out of the week. not a body builder, just like to stay in shape.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:45:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Out of curiosity, what ever happened to just lifting and eating a balanced diet / lots of protein? How did people get big before all of these man made supplements
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:09:45 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Out of curiosity, what ever happened to just lifting and eating a balanced diet / lots of protein? How did people get big before all of these man made supplements

Whey = cheap source of protein
fish oil = omega.. with out having to eat fish every meal
multi = well if you dont know the reason for that...

Everything else just gives you an advantage.  Personally Im not 100% everyday I hit the gym. If I can drink a preworkout drink like NO Explod that will give me more focus, energy, strength endurance, faster recover, more vascualrity, I will.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:28:47 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Prohormones are now considered anabolic steroids after the latest Anabolic Steroid control Act... they are schedule 3 drugs.  Talking about it is like discussing how you would like snort some blow on the weekends.  Please keep your felonies to yourself and off this forum.

Damn, that sounds pretty nice right now!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:33:50 AM EDT
[#37]
No bodybuilders at our gym but some serious powerlifters.

Rex McLaren was in on Monday doing 350lb bench press double pauses @ ~140 lbs. He competes @132.

His official USAPL 2005 numbers are

Bench: 287
Squat: 446
Deadlift: 474

not bad @ 132 and he's obviously blowing his old bench numbers away

I think Rex is about 42 yo
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:06:03 AM EDT
[#38]
I've been lifting for about a year now.  I've added 25 lean pounds in the process.  I'm getting into the science of bodybuilding now - really taking a hard look at my diet and my workouts, trying to chart everything out and keep track of everything.  I recently joined BB.com but haven't made any posts yet.  I'm sure I will soon though.

Remman - I did a cycle of ZMA not too long ago.  Didn't seem to do much for my training, but I did sleep way deeper and had crazy dreams.  Did you have wild dreams on ZMA?  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#39]
tag

off/on lifter just back into it
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:15:59 AM EDT
[#40]
It's been a couple years since I've hit the weights... Spring is here now and the sunlight is quite inspiring so I've started again but, it's going to take a lot of hard work to get back to were I once was.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:00:21 AM EDT
[#41]
I hang out at the BB.com forums, but mostly just in the political forum.

I lifted weights on and off throughout college, but didn't get serious until about three years ago.  I was doing well, gained about 20lbs in 4 months, but I inured my shoulder- nothing serious, but I had to take a few weeks off.  In that few weeks, I lost almost everything I had worked so hard for over the last four months.  It just didn't seem worth the effort if it could all be lost so easily.  Working out was the easy part, but eating 4,000cal of clean food every day was pain.  Basically all of my "spare time" was filled with either preparing meals or eating them.  It was 24/7/365, but so easy for it all to go to waste.  So I quit.

Then I started actually gaining weight(the bad weight) without trying, which is a first for me.  So now that my metabolism has slowed a little, I'd like to try it again, but I travel too much right now.  I just started jogging, and hope to do some hiking, canoeing, body-weight exercises, stuff like that for general fitness, but I don't see any bodybuilding in my near future.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:44:13 AM EDT
[#42]
DevL, that was the only comment you had to make on the subject of Bodybuilding/workingout? I am just getting rid of some old stock, had one last bottle. Shit, a local cop walks around at the gym with a M1T suppliment T-shirt on. Ronnie Coleman, police officer, and a hudge roid head.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Ive been getting alot of IMs from people about fat loss. So here is my advice...

As far as loosing fat goes, I approach it from a traditional view. The only sups I take when cutting are to help keep the mass while cutting fat. To loose fat there is only one true way to do it and that is to put your body into a caloric deficeit. Basically eat less than you burn. There are two parts to loosing fat, one is strength training and the other is cardio.

Strength training
Strength training will make you gain/keep muscle and the more muscle you have the more calories you burn throughout the day and while active and excerciseing. The key is to lift heavy. The high reps low weight idea is a myth. There is no way to spot reduce fat. Youe whole body is covered in a layer of fat, so to loose the gut you need to loose fat over the entire body. Back on topic. Heavy lifting will force your body to retain muscle and loose fat as you are putting a strain on your body, and your body will need to retain that muscle because of the increased stress on the muscle. Besides that an hour of intense lifting you will be burning about 500cal per hour, while increasing your metabolism.
One more thing train your legs and not just upper body. Use multi joint exercies as your staple when training. Squats, deadlifts, power cleans, and straight leg deadlifts are the best exercises you can do. When you so them you are using roughly 90% of your body depending on the exercise to acomplish them. These exercises increase your testsoterone levels and growth hormone levels which will help the rest of your body grow also. For exercise info and go here and it wil show you how to acomplish each exercise. forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=586683
and here http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=23434
There are lots of diferent types of training plans and everybodies body is different, so find out what works best for you.

side note
For gaining muscle you increase your food intake giving your body a surplus in calories.  The key is to eat good carbs like oatmeal, rice, and whole grain foods, lots of protein ( at least 1 gram per lb of body weight, this applies to weight loss too) and good fats like in olive oil nuts, and fish.

Cardio
There are three types of cardio that are the most effective that should be used.
1. Low intensity long duration. Take a walk or what ever cardio equip you prefer at a good pace (fast walking, slow cycling) What happens is that your body will use its carbs up when ever you start a session as it is the best energy you have available. About 15 to 20min into your session, your body will start to go into a fat burning mode as it is a slow burning and less effective as carbs. So there is a window from 20 to 60 min when your body will just burn fat. After about 60min, like in any exercise, your body will start to burn carbs and muscle. This is catibolism and should be avioded. So do this from 40 to 60 min and you should see results.
2. Next is interval training, which I do on the treadmill. basically you run and change the amount of speed or resistance every so often in intervals. What this does is shock your body into loosing fat by changing the resistance or speed. Every treadmill/elyptical/bike has a interval program on it.
3. The last is sprints. Try this for 20min sprint for 30 sec to a min and rest for 30 sec. Like interval training you will be shocking your body into fat loss. This is the most effective fat loss exercise.
Lastly you can run for extended periods, but the results is increased muscle loss. It does work, but the above methods are much more effective.  All of the above will increase your endurance.

The key is to change things up all of the time(this includes strength training) so your body is never used to one thing. This will help you shock your body into your intended results wiether it be for fat loss or muscle gain. For more info, IM me on specifics, and go to www.bodybuilding.com or similar site. It is just like ARFCOM with crazy amounts of info. A good book is Arnold S The Modern encylopedia of bodybuilding. One last bit of info get plenty of sleep and rest. take atleast 2 days off a week and get 8 to 10 hrs of sleep. This is when your body grows and testosterone and growth hormone levels will come back as you use them through out the day.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#44]
I've been working out since 1979.  My partner of the last 4 years detached his bicep 2 weeks ago doing deadlifts with 400 lbs - he only weighs 180 and is 56 years old.  Having a detached bicep reattached is about as much fun as having a detached bicep reattached.  We've decided to not go so heavy anymore.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Yep I'm building a body, just finished 6 KFC buffalo snackers and a half gallon of milk.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:43:27 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I've been working out since 1979.  My partner of the last 4 years detached his bicep 2 weeks ago doing deadlifts with 400 lbs - he only weighs 180 and is 56 years old.  Having a detached bicep reattached is about as much fun as having a detached bicep reattached.  We've decided to not go so heavy anymore.

Ouch...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Wow! Thats gotta hurt!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:07:17 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I've been lifting for about a year now.  I've added 25 lean pounds in the process.  I'm getting into the science of bodybuilding now - really taking a hard look at my diet and my workouts, trying to chart everything out and keep track of everything.  I recently joined BB.com but haven't made any posts yet.  I'm sure I will soon though.

Remman - I did a cycle of ZMA not too long ago.  Didn't seem to do much for my training, but I did sleep way deeper and had crazy dreams.  Did you have wild dreams on ZMA?  

Hoolie

I had some pretty wild dreams, but when I was on it I had a harder time getting to sleep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top