Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2006 1:57:55 PM EDT
I understand how single shot and full auto work but how does burst work?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#2]
edit: I was wrong

It is pretty simple though.. The gear retards the engagement of the disconnector for 4 out of the 6 teeth on the gear (groups of 2 hi teeth, followed by a deep "stop gap") by pushing on the front claw of the disconnector. The other 2 positions ("stop gaps") allow the disconnector to be rocked into a position that allows it to grab the hammer. While the disconnector is being restrained by these teeth, the autosear is managing the release of the hammer independantly.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#4]
That helps a little but are there any animations of how that works?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#5]
interesting, i never knew.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That helps a little but are there any animations of how that works?

I've been looking for you and all I can find are semiautomatic weapons animations. Doesn't help that I am away from my own comp with its bookmarks.Maybe someone else can help you out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top