Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2006 11:33:26 AM EDT
Kidding.

But I'm sitting here with a list of things to do and I just flat out don't want to do them.  I'v already said "I'll do that tomorrow" a couple time on a few of them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:38:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:40:40 AM EDT
[#2]

I don't want to work anymore, and I'm to lazy to stand in the welfare line.

Taxman, that you?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Just don't do them...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just don't do them...

Boss might get unhappy at that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#5]
The answer to your problems is, lotto tickets.....they will answer your prayers for a doublewide on 40 acres.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Once I had a big job going and had to hire some temp employees to fill the crews.

Two guys were from Somalia and spoke broken English.  During the first day I did my rounds through the jobsite (city hall demolition - Auburn Maine) and these two numbskulls where sitting on a couple of 5 gallon buckets turned upside down.

I simply inquired about their behavior by very politely asking them, "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!"

One of the two pipes up "I come here to make money - not to work"

me:

them:

me:

them:

me:

them:

me: <flash temper arrives on que> "you're fired, get your lazy asses out of here before I throw you out - no free rides here"

them: "can we come back tomorrow?"

No matter what you do mjohn3006, it can't be that lazy.  I've never had someone show up and inform me that they don't want to work for their money, but expect to be paid nonetheless.  You could try it though!

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:48:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Once I had a big job going and had to hire some temp employees to fill the crews.

Two guys were from Somalia and spoke broken English.  During the first day I did my rounds through the jobsite (city hall demolition - Auburn Maine) and these two numbskulls where sitting on a couple of 5 gallon buckets turned upside down.

I simply inquired about their behavior by very politely asking them, "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!"

me:

them:

me:

them:

me:

them:

me: <flash temper arrives on que> "you're fired, get your lazy asses out of here before I throw you out - no free rides here"

me:

No matter what you do mjohn3006, it can't be that lazy.  I've never had someone show up and inform me that they don't want to work for their money, but expect to be paid nonetheless.  You could try it though!

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

me:

them:

me:

them:

me:

them:

wow.  most of the immigrants i've known have been hard workers - more so than natural-born Americans.  haven't met any somalis though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

me:

them:

me:

them:

me:

them:

Dang!  No I expect to earn my money.  I just don't feel like working right now.  But I will anyway.  Millions actually on welfare depend on me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:00:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

wow.  most of the immigrants i've known have been hard workers - more so than natural-born Americans.  haven't met any somalis though.

You're not missing much.  They're quiet, keep to themselves, but carry a peculiar greediness about them with a total disregard of any time of regulation or authority.  It is odd.  I think the Somalies are over here with some extended benefits that help them out.  Otherwise I can't explain their lack of desire to achieve, progress, or earn anything.  They seem so 'value-less' to me.  At least that's what I observe from my angle.  No pride at all.

But, I could say the same about a large number of Maine residents too so whatever, my taxes will pay for em all!  Welfare doesn't discriminate!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:13:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

me:

them:

me:

them:

me:

them:

You fired them ?

Thank god for unions.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You fired them ?

Thank god for unions.

I fired em alright.  I almost wanted to hire em back just so I could fire them again.  I wish there was a way to double fire someone.  Like fire them, then launch them off the jobsite via catapult or something.  Right after I took them by their ankles and shook out the job profit I flushed in their paid wages up to the moment I shitcanned them.

Unions?  They certainly do have their place....provided quality, efficiency, and self accountability aren't required to perform the task at hand.

lol...unions.....I'd never survive in a union - I'd be lynched and hung in 10 minutes.  Sooner if I run into a union plumber.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

me:

them:

me:

them:

me:

them:

Great depiction!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I wonder how Blackbag223's welfare application went?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:22:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey atleast they showed up for work.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:36:22 AM EDT
[#16]
The only Somoli I ever met in the canneries worked his skinny little ass to the bone . He spoke a bit of english and . He worked harder than any of the hhispanic there and harder than quite a few Filipina's . One day we got to talking while he took his 15 min lunch break . Turned out he tought he was in paradise even though he lived in a hole in the wall apartment and he worked his ass to death so he could send money home to his wife and five kids .

Damn hard worker . Wonder what ever happened to him .
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The only Somoli I ever met in the canneries worked his skinny little ass to the bone . He spoke a bit of english and . He worked harder than any of the hhispanic there and harder than quite a few Filipina's . One day we got to talking while he took his 15 min lunch break . Turned out he tought he was in paradise even though he lived in a hole in the wall apartment and he worked his ass to death so he could send money home to his wife and five kids .

Just curious bro, where did your sigline come from?

That has got to be the funniest shit I have seen in a long time!!!

Balming
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:44:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Kidding.

But I'm sitting here with a list of things to do and I just flat out don't want to do them.  I'v already said "I'll do that tomorrow" a couple time on a few of them.

Do it. DO IT NOW! Then relax for the rest of the day. Your work is done.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Kidding.

You are self destructive. Better get yourself fixed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#20]
When I was working for Inland during High School I worked with a Nigerian?!? immigrant who busted ass all day. He couldn't stand laziness especially amongs other blacks and told them as much when they started their schpeel about the workin' hard and the "Man" keepin' em down, or workin' for whitey etc; I got to watch him unload on MANY when they started talkin trash. He was a good guy to work with too.

He just couldn't stand those with no work ethic or who wouldnt try to work for themselves instead of getting a handout
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just curious bro, where did your sigline come from?

That has got to be the funniest shit I have seen in a long time!!!

Balming

Some libtard chick .

There was thread here a month or so back about a memeber making a snow man behind some chicks snow man and when she came out side she freaked and said that to him .
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Kidding.

I get that way sometimes. I just imagine that I'm John Cleese in a Monty Python skit and get to work. Helps the atmosphere, you know.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#23]
I know the feeling. My current employer hired me and then paid me to do next to nothing for about 3 1/2 months. It's easy to get lazy.

I finally have some projects now though. I'm starting to get back into the swing of actually working for a living.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top