User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:06:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
killing someone is wrong! but everyone has a limit a snapping point, if he had been harrassed for 5 years and called the police throughout those 5 years and the police did nothing about it, he has a case, its his property after all.

No, he doesn't.

You cannot kill someone for walking on your lawn.

If you do, it is murder.

I only heard the guy was harrassed for 5 years, I am sure that this guy snapped, like I said killing is wrong. You have to hear this guys version you were not there and neither was I but he will have his day in court. I t is possible that the kid was doing more than walking across his lawn.

Doesn't matter if he was "harrassed" for 5 years or 50 years.

You are not allowed to kill someone for walking on your lawn.

He will indeed get "his day in court".

He will then get to share a cell with Big Bubba.

(Talk about harrassment. )
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:20:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I heard many cops carry throw-down pieces. Is this true?

No, but some do carry crack to sprinkle on dead black men.

SBG

Originally posted by Dave Chappelle:
OH SHIT N*GGA! I BEEN SHOT!
*sprinkles self with crack*
I don't wanna leave no mysteries.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think I would save such a response for someone already inside the house.

In that case, I don't care if I can see a weapon or not. That guy is dead meat. I'm not taking a chance with someone who is already inside.

Exactly.  Outside gets a call to the Sheriff.  I know CA has "castle doctrine" for inside the house; do you also have case law precedent that considers an intruder legally to be armed?  (Just curious)

Don't forget to make coffee for the deputies.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Three words;

D N A

His better be on it. Your's better not. Hardly any crime labs in the country bother finger printing firearms anymore. History shows a success rate of about 0% when trying to lift prints from a firearm, no matter what method is tried. Nearly all will test for DNA. Success rate is very high. Nearly 100% if the gun is recovered and preserved quickly.

Are you joking?
Do you realize how expensive it is to test for DNA?
Do you realize how long of a wait they have for DNA testing?
The cops aren't going to waste time and money cramming a microscope up your ass if the shoot looks clean.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
or maybe the detectives aren't as through as CSI

Here's the thing:

Most guns are purchased through FFLs, and thus there is paperwork on them.

The authorities CAN trace a weapon back to its original owner. So if you buy a gun in a FTF non-FFL deal, the authorities can STILL end up tracing the weapon to YOU.

And if they end up seeing that you just happened to recently aquire a weapon like the one the "bad" guy was found dead with, you can expect them to crawl up in your colon and make camp.

I may be way off here but if the bad guy is in your house could you just claim he armed himself once inside?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
killing someone is wrong! but everyone has a limit a snapping point, if he had been harrassed for 5 years and called the police throughout those 5 years and the police did nothing about it, he has a case, its his property after all.

Quoted:
I only heard the guy was harrassed for 5 years, I am sure that this guy snapped, like I said killing is wrong. You have to hear this guys version you were not there and neither was I but he will have his day in court. I t is possible that the kid was doing more than walking across his lawn.

Here's the article, read the highlighted portions: The old man killed the kid because he didn't like him walking on the lawn. He'd been disputing this for years, but hadn't called the police since 2003. That's 3 years ago, when the victim was 12. Nobody else seemed to know of these disputes, either. Maybe he was having the disputes in his own mind.

He measured his grass with a yardstick down to the inch. He's got some seriously displaced values. Obsessive-Compulsive to the gills!

I'm sure he'll have the tidiest prison cell in the penitentiary. So will his husband.

Police: Man Killed Boy For Walking Across Yard

UPDATED: 4:04 am PST March 21, 2006

BATAVIA, Ohio -- Irritated but calm, Charles Martin called 911 and told the dispatcher that he had finally done something about the neighbor boy -- the one, Martin said into the phone, who had been harassing him for years.

"I just killed a kid," Martin said, according to a recording of the Sunday afternoon call released by police in Union Township, near this city about 20 miles east of Cincinnati.

Martin, 66, is charged with murdering 15-year-old Larry Mugrage, who lived next door to the house where Martin kept a meticulous front lawn with grass that he could sometimes be seen measuring to the inch.

Police said crossing that lawn is what got Mugrage killed. Martin, who lived alone, told officers he'd had several disputes with neighbors about walking on his grass, but hadn't called police since 2003, Union Township police Lt. Scott Gaviglia said.

In the 911 call, Martin, a retired Ford Motor Co. worker with no criminal record, told the dispatcher that Mugrage had been "making the other kids harass me and my place, tearing things up."

"I shot him with a (word deleted) .410 shotgun twice," Martin told the dispatcher.

"You shot him with a shotgun? Where is he?" the dispatcher asked.

"He's laying in the yard," Martin said.

Mugrage, who police said was hit in the chest, was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Martin appeared briefly in Batavia Municipal Court on Monday. A judge denied bond and set another hearing for Thursday.

Martin was being held Tuesday at the Clermont County jail, where officials declined to give him a message seeking comment and said he did not have an attorney of record.

The shooting stunned those in the residential neighborhood and students at Glen Este High School, where Mugrage was a freshman. Grief counselors were at the school Monday.

"I think there's a great deal of shock, for two reasons: because of the age of the victim and just how this occurred, killed over some grass," Gaviglia said.

Neighbors said Martin was quiet, often sitting out in front of his one-story home with its neat lawn, well-trimmed shrubbery and flag pole with U.S. and Navy flags flying. In his fenced backyard, he had several birdhouses and a shed painted like a small red barn with white trim.

Neighbor Joanne Ritchie, 46, said Mugrage was known as "a good kid," and that she always considered Martin to be friendly.

"The older gentleman was always riding his bike and tending to his yard," she said. "He would wave at kids and adults. He always had the perfect yard and he worked in it a lot."

Sean Fritts, 16, who also lived nearby, agreed that Martin's lawn was his pride and joy.

"He was real protective over his yard and mowed it a lot, and sometimes even measured the grass with a yardstick," Fritts said.

Still, Fritts said he wasn't aware of any disputes involving Martin.

"I never had any problems with him, and I don't know that anyone else did,"
he said.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#7]
i think it would be very easy, some of you guys have been watching too much tv
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The cops aren't going to waste time and money cramming a microscope up your ass if the shoot looks clean.

I guess that depends on a variety of factors, especially if the dead guy's got good legal representation.  They'd look at a lot of things then... such as the perps background and the shooter as well.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i think it would be very easy, some of you guys have been watching too much tv

+1
People vastly overestimate the amount of effort and that goes into the CSI stuff, as well as its importance.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:22:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Aggravated manslaughter will become premeditated murder....and you will spend your life in prison. The prosecuter will argue that you specifically procured the 'drop gun' so that you could commit a murder and then tamper with the crime scene to mislead the authorities.

Very very bad idea.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#11]
think you can keep your story straight during the many phases of questing as the police try to sort out what happened.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Why bother calling the LEO's? Just dont do anything, chop the body up and dispose of it pieces scattered throughout the state. Or if you own alot of land just bury the gang banger and be done with it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Three words;

D N A

His better be on it. Your's better not. Hardly any crime labs in the country bother finger printing firearms anymore. History shows a success rate of about 0% when trying to lift prints from a firearm, no matter what method is tried. Nearly all will test for DNA. Success rate is very high. Nearly 100% if the gun is recovered and preserved quickly.

Are you joking?

Do you realize that you don't know shit about how a homocide investigation works?
Do you realize that you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about?
After being a Cop for 18 years, believe me when I say, regardless of a how a shoot "looks", it isn't clean until it's proven clean.
If you think the cops aren't going to cram a microscope up your ass when you kill someone you're very, very wrong.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:33:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I may be way off here but if the bad guy is in your house could you just claim he armed himself once inside?

If he is inside your house, possibly.

But it is going to be mighty hard to make that arguement on the street, where one thinks of "throw downs" being used.

Generally if there is a dead 4 time felon in your living room at 3 AM the cops are likely to be on your side anyway in most jurisdictions.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:41:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

According to Bill Jordan, yes.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:59:11 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It isn't unheard of. My dad carried one everyday he was on the job.

Cops come across stolen guns sometimes, and it is easy to take one and not say anything. These days however, cops are alot less likely to get away with it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:10:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeah.  The dead guy gun writer whose LE experience dates from the 50's.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeah.  The dead guy gun writer whose LE experience dates from the 50's.

Was it more common in the 50's?
My dad said that the "throw down" is a mixture of truth and fiction, that most stories of cops carrying "throw downs" came from back up guns.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's the article, read the highlighted portions: The old man killed the kid because he didn't like him walking on the lawn. He'd been disputing this for years, but hadn't called the police since 2003. That's 3 years ago, when the victim was 12. Nobody else seemed to know of these disputes, either. Maybe he was having the disputes in his own mind.

He measured his grass with a yardstick down to the inch. He's got some seriously displaced values. Obsessive-Compulsive to the gills!

I'm sure he'll have the tidiest prison cell in the penitentiary. So will his husband.

Police: Man Killed Boy For Walking Across Yard

UPDATED: 4:04 am PST March 21, 2006

BATAVIA, Ohio -- Irritated but calm, Charles Martin called 911 and told the dispatcher that he had finally done something about the neighbor boy -- the one, Martin said into the phone, who had been harassing him for years.

"I just killed a kid," Martin said, according to a recording of the Sunday afternoon call released by police in Union Township, near this city about 20 miles east of Cincinnati.

Martin, 66, is charged with murdering 15-year-old Larry Mugrage, who lived next door to the house where Martin kept a meticulous front lawn with grass that he could sometimes be seen measuring to the inch.

Police said crossing that lawn is what got Mugrage killed. Martin, who lived alone, told officers he'd had several disputes with neighbors about walking on his grass, but hadn't called police since 2003, Union Township police Lt. Scott Gaviglia said.

In the 911 call, Martin, a retired Ford Motor Co. worker with no criminal record, told the dispatcher that Mugrage had been "making the other kids harass me and my place, tearing things up."

"I shot him with a (word deleted) .410 shotgun twice," Martin told the dispatcher.

"You shot him with a shotgun? Where is he?" the dispatcher asked.

"He's laying in the yard," Martin said.

Mugrage, who police said was hit in the chest, was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Martin appeared briefly in Batavia Municipal Court on Monday. A judge denied bond and set another hearing for Thursday.

Martin was being held Tuesday at the Clermont County jail, where officials declined to give him a message seeking comment and said he did not have an attorney of record.

The shooting stunned those in the residential neighborhood and students at Glen Este High School, where Mugrage was a freshman. Grief counselors were at the school Monday.

"I think there's a great deal of shock, for two reasons: because of the age of the victim and just how this occurred, killed over some grass," Gaviglia said.

Neighbors said Martin was quiet, often sitting out in front of his one-story home with its neat lawn, well-trimmed shrubbery and flag pole with U.S. and Navy flags flying. In his fenced backyard, he had several birdhouses and a shed painted like a small red barn with white trim.

Neighbor Joanne Ritchie, 46, said Mugrage was known as "a good kid," and that she always considered Martin to be friendly.

"The older gentleman was always riding his bike and tending to his yard," she said. "He would wave at kids and adults. He always had the perfect yard and he worked in it a lot."

Sean Fritts, 16, who also lived nearby, agreed that Martin's lawn was his pride and joy.

"He was real protective over his yard and mowed it a lot, and sometimes even measured the grass with a yardstick," Fritts said.

Still, Fritts said he wasn't aware of any disputes involving Martin.

"I never had any problems with him, and I don't know that anyone else did,"
he said.

Well if he did not try to resolve the situation with police since 2003 then indeed the day in court does not look good for him, another wacko.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:37:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Three words;

D N A

Are you joking?

Do you realize that you don't know shit about how a homocide investigation works?
Do you realize that you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about?
After being a Cop for 18 years, believe me when I say, regardless of a how a shoot "looks", it isn't clean until it's proven clean.
If you think the cops aren't going to cram a microscope up your ass when you kill someone you're very, very wrong.

even if they dont take DNA theres a ton of other things that would make it not work.

postion of the body etc etc.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top