Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2006 9:04:26 AM EDT
I swear, every time the memory of the last sucky time I went there fades, I go in and it winds up invariably being "Salute To The American Idiot Day" at Meijers... Every rude and stupid and inconsiderate thing you can think of to do, just let it all hang out at Meijers.

• Block up an entire aisle with your nearly-sideways cart while you waddle your gigantic fat butt over to the junk food? CHECK!

• Way underage parents buying more expensive food than I buy allowing their bratty kids to scream their heads off, not disciplining them one bit? CHECK!

• Viewing the known world's oldest people walking .0000000000034 feet per hour with an oxygen tank sitting in their otherwise empty cart? CHECK!

And this took place at about 2 PM yesterday! This wasn't the freaky night crew I've seen!

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:09:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a visit to WM.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:11:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh man I feel you're pain.

However, they're still cheaper(food department), IMHO, than Kroger's(even w/card) and Wally world.

There's one a mile from my house.

I go at 0700 on the way home from work, place is almost deserted.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:13:17 AM EDT
[#3]
don't have that problem here.  are are 10X neater than WM

much cleaner environment overall.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:25:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I swear, every time the memory of the last sucky time I went there fades, I go in and it winds up invariably being "Salute To The American Idiot Day" at Meijers... Every rude and stupid and inconsiderate thing you can think of to do, just let it all hang out at Meijers.

• Block up an entire aisle with your nearly-sideways cart while you waddle your gigantic fat butt over to the junk food? CHECK!

• Way underage parents buying more expensive food than I buy allowing their bratty kids to scream their heads off, not disciplining them one bit? CHECK!

• Viewing the known world's oldest people walking .0000000000034 feet per hour with an oxygen tank sitting in their otherwise empty cart? CHECK!

And this took place at about 2 PM yesterday! This wasn't the freaky night crew I've seen!

I hear ya!

Meijers is my least favorite place to go shopping.

I always love standing in the lotto/tabacco line with 5 or 6 others as 1 employee works 1 of the 3 registers and the other employees stand there and talk to each other about what happend last night. Happens every time. They act like they don't see you. And then the guy in front of you wants to do a Western Union transfer. I've walked out many times without my smokes.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I swear, every time the memory of the last sucky time I went there fades, I go in and it winds up invariably being "Salute To The American Idiot Day" at Meijers WALMART... Every rude and stupid and inconsiderate thing you can think of to do, just let it all hang out at Meijers. WALMART.

Fixed it!    
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:39:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yeah, the WM thread is over there ---------->  

Seriously that's why the WM complaints aggrevate me.  It's not WM, it's not Meijers, it's not Kmart, Target, Sears, .....   It's AMERICA.

Welcome to it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Which one were you in - the new one in Rockford is OK, the real old one on Plainfield in GR is the one I like best, even though it shows its age.

Edit - All the Meijer stores are WAY better than the WalMarts in the GR area, though I will say that I don't really care for the Alpine Ave Meijers, and the Brighton Meijers on the other side of the state SUCKS!  Oh - I forgot how scary the Meijers on the West side of Saginaw was the last time I was in there.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Meijers rocks. I miss Meijers alot.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I like Meijer.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Meijer wont let you park a semi overnight either!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Which one were you in - the new one in Rockford is OK, the real old one on Plainfield in GR is the one I like best, even though it shows its age.

Edit - All the Meijer stores are WAY better than the WalMarts in the GR area, though I will say that I don't really care for the Alpine Ave Meijers, and the Brighton Meijers on the other side of the state SUCKS!  Oh - I forgot how scary the Meijers on the West side of Saginaw was the last time I was in there.

The Super-Meijers in Fraser. Used to be a decent place...

I've been to better Meijers - the one at 16 mile and Van Dyke was a great place to buy meat and produce for a long time, dunno if it's still nice or not - but the Fraser one sucked hard.

FWIW of the 3 Michigan Wal Marts I've been to, ONE of them was decent (a new one at I-94 and M-59)... The other two, I went home and took a nice soothing Silkwood shower afterward.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I like Meijer.

Don't worry buddy, things will start looking up soon.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:29:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Meijer is fine to shop at as long as you do it at 2 AM.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#15]
LOL that's just it... I've been there at 1 am and close to 2 am and I saw fewer people total, but they were all FREAKS!

People were there with their kids! I saw this woman (HUGE woman) pushing a grocery cart with her ~2 year old in the basket facing her.

She was wearing a Kid Rock "F*CK YOU" (uncensored mind you) T shirt. Right in the kid's face.

That poor kid doesn't stand a chance. Born behind the 8-ball as it were.

(as much as I hate the book "Catcher in the Rye" that was a J.D. Salinger moment for me, right there...)
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Or a visit to Trader Joes in Danbury, CT.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:55:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I enjoy shopping at Meijers because  at least it's a locally owned company.  I know in a few years they will all be gone.  Once the Wal mart super centers open, bye bye.  Most of the older stores have really gone downhill in the past few years.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Hmm, sounds like every Wally world i've been to. i like there stores (Meijers). Better than wallmart, kills a K-mart. and puts to shame alot of the chain food lots.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Simple. Its a Union shop.

One of my best friends is a Meijers employee. He is way overpaid for what he does.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I love the 700 pond guy on the scooter with the O2 tank and mask practiclly driving over me to get to the cigarette display -- Maybe --just maybe-- and oxygen tank and nasal canula is natures way of telling you its time to quit smoking. But hes probably figured out a way to get medicare to pay for his 6 cartons of marlboros so......
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:58:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Do they still play the "Meijer's Thrifty Acres" jingle on commercials?

Their marketing department  got rid of the "Thrifty Acres" a long time ago. Now they are just "Meijer".

My only beef with Meijer is that they never have Wolf  in 7.62X39 , but they do stock Wolf .223. Like WM they are central to my (ammo)money laundering scheme.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Their marketing department  got rid of the "Thrifty Acres" a long time ago. Now they are just "Meijer".

My only beef with Meijer is that they never have Wolf  in 7.62X39 , but they do stock Wolf .223. Like WM they are central to my (ammo)money laundering scheme.  

You mean the one where you use your credit card to buy "groceries" at Meijer, but in fact you bought 500 rounds of Wolf, and your wife is none the wiser?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:04:05 PM EDT
[#23]
You can always tell a Michigander when they put an "s" on the end of everything!

Meijers

Fords

Wal marts

Kmarts

Chryslers

I know there are more, those are just off the top of my head. I'm just as guilty as the next guy of it.

Macman, the meijer at 13/ little mack is just as bad if not worse. Come to think of it, most large retail stores in this area are like that. Filled with rude, obnoxious people.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Whats thats supposes tos means?!?!

Quoted:
You can always tell a Michigander when they put an "s" on the end of everything!

Meijers

Fords

Wal marts

Kmarts

Chryslers

I know there are more, those are just off the top of my head. I'm just as guilty as the next guy of it.

Macman, the meijer at 13/ little mack is just as bad if not worse. Come to think of it, most large retail stores in this area are like that. Filled with rude, obnoxious people.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Dunnos, thats hannibals a reals dumbasss...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow! Wasn't trying tos offends yous guys.....
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I like the local Meijers here.Only thing is,they pull 90%of thier ammo off the shelves this time of year for baseball bs....
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Since I work in the grocery industry and have dealt with most major chains in the US, I can tell you one thing:  If you ever want to meet the dregs of humanity face-to-face, go to a grocery store.  The funny thing is that it doesn't matter which store you go to.

Oddly, those same bottom feeders also congregate in government offices -- not necessarily welfare or unemployment, mind you; but drivers license offices, courthouses, tax offices, etc.  You know, places that we all have to go to sometimes.

When I'm standing in line to renew my drivers license or to pay some fee or tax, the place is always filled with these retards.  And there are never people like me.  The only conclusion I can draw is that normal people know alternate ways to do these things and I must be a retard.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Oh man I feel you're pain.

However, they're still cheaper(food department), IMHO, than Kroger's(even w/card) and Wally world.

There's one a mile from my house.

I go at 0700 on the way home from work, place is almost deserted.

That's the only reason I shop there myself.

If they weren't the closest thing to me, I'd never shop there.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:07:51 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean the one where you use your credit card to buy "groceries" at Meijer, but in fact you bought 500 rounds of Wolf, and your wife is none the wiser?

Yep , that one. You too ?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:12:09 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Meijers

Fords

Wal marts

Kmarts

Chryslers

Yes, What's up with that ? ( the 's thing )

" Meijer's " I understand because it used to be be "Meijer's Thrifty acres"

One of these days someone will make a " Fargo " type movie about us and we're in for it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:17:40 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Meijers

Fords

Wal marts

Kmarts

Chryslers

LOL!

BTW DO NOT buy produce from the 13/Little Mack store!!! That store is actually closer to me but I know someone who works in the front office at Meijers. Let's just say they've had a little problem. ONLY buy canned food at that store...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep , that one. You too ?

Eh...maybe.  I wonder how many other people do the exact same thing?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top