Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2001 3:55:28 PM EDT
Is there a method to zero the M1A sights similar to the "2 clicks under" method we use to zero AR sights at 50 yards? I can't get a good zero at 100 yards with open sights because my vision blurs when I look through the top of these "high index" glasses. If not, how high/low should it be at 50 yards so as to obtain a 100 M zero? I'd like the range settings on the rear sight to be meaningful, yet I want to zero at 50 yards. What should I do? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#2]
My range has 50 and 100 yard marks. This is a common problem so I assume there is a 50 yard solution.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 4:48:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I just followed the instructions in the manual. Then I did a fine tune adjustment at 25 yards then I went to 200 and did a few more fine adjustments. read your manual.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 1:00:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I did read it, but my range only has 50 and 100 yard shooting areas. They won't let me plant a target wherever I please. Anyone else?
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Eleavation knob is graduated in meters. Get a 25 meter zero target from fred's and find a place to shoot 25 meters and sight the rifle in. Once you are happy count how many clicks up from bottom, ten take the rear sight apart and reassemble so the 200-300 meter mark is lined up on the index mark and the aperture is the # clicks up you need. Or you can do what every other person who has ever owned or shot M14-M1A's does and ignore the graduation marks and just know your clicks up from bottom at Known distance, I keep my settings on a paster on the side of stocks so I don't forget the settings for that particular M14-M1A. Plus If you can't get M80 ball or real quality NATO the grads will be meaningless ! Tan.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top