Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 7:53:45 PM EDT
(prompted by this thread: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=449426)

anyone been?

hows the number of warbird types holding up?

I want to see these things flying at their best before its' too late.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#1]
You should go.You'll be glad you did.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I went in '04. There are many different classes of aircraft in the races. Quite a few Mustangs.

It is actually like an airshow, with races interspersed with other displays. I saw F4's in flight just a few months before the last US F4 unit was disbanded. They had F14's fly by, etc, etc. I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Lived in Reno for 9 years, from 1988 to 97. Been many times. A few crash every now and then. Pretty cool.

My buddy got stuck recording the a/c as they passed a pylon. He hated it.

Spent many years at the airport in Stead, NV.

tt's pretty cool there. We used to hang out at the west border fence. I guess they run you out now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:07:15 PM EDT
[#4]
RARA,,,thats some High dollar stuff very nice I liked the Stoli Migs
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:01:46 AM EDT
[#5]
some links for those who may be interested:

Reno Air Racing Association

2005 Photos
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:06:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I've never been to the races in Reno but I have seen them race. They raced at Grayson County Airport in Denison, Texas back in the mid 80's and it was a cool deal. Watching Strega make an almost 600mph pass 50ft off the ground at the start finish line was awesome.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:32:16 PM EDT
[#7]
It's one of many things that makes northern Nevada grand
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:38:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I went a few years ago.  There was some amazing warbirds..highly modified in the unlimited class. RareBear, DagoRed... very fast.

If you like airshows you have to go to Oshkosh. It is huge. My dad and I camped there for three days and didn't see everything.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:46:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I went a few years ago.  There was some amazing warbirds..highly modified in the unlimited class. RareBear, DagoRed... very fast.

If you like airshows you have to go to Oshkosh. It is huge. My dad and I camped there for three days and didn't see everything.

I think I drove past that place today on US 41
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top