Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:31:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Why do these types of threads always get hijacked by 2 people calling eachother names?

Cause the pit is back and attitudes carry over. I guess it is just me but when the pit was closed, folks seemed to be more mature.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#2]
If they call me I will go, no crying or complaining.
Even if they do I doubt they'll accept me. Overweight and Asthmatic
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I already did my time. I think it should be mandatory to do two years military time when you graduate highschool or turn 18.

That's brilliant.  I graduated with people I wouldn't trust with a pair of tweezers and you wanna give them GUNS?  Mandatory military service is one of the most idiotic ideas ever.  Nobody who joins on their own free will is going to want to serve with some jerk-ass who's only there because he has to be.

Don't they already do this in Israel?  Not that we should model our country after theirs but America needs to get the young people to invest something in it.  These non-goal oriented kids should have an interest in the country that provides a great way of life for them. How many stateside troops do you see walking around with guns now?  Why would that change?

And you might want to brush up on the subject of tact, ole buddy.  No need to start name calling over a differing opinion. you have a nice day now.

And South Korea.
I don't consider either one to be free countries.
Better than the alternative, yes, but certainly not free.

Not to be a smartass at all, but as they say, Freedom Isn't Free.  Somebody has to pay for it.

And yes, I have two children.  I'm sure they would serve honorably if called.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:35:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I am not afraid of one.  Doesnt affect me anyways - 70% disabled, according to the VA, and a bad re-enlistment code due to my medical discharge.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I already did my time. I think it should be mandatory to do two years military time when you graduate highschool or turn 18.

That's brilliant.  I graduated with people I wouldn't trust with a pair of tweezers and you wanna give them GUNS?  Mandatory military service is one of the most idiotic ideas ever.  Nobody who joins on their own free will is going to want to serve with some jerk-ass who's only there because he has to be.

Don't they already do this in Israel?  Not that we should model our country after theirs but America needs to get the young people to invest something in it.  These non-goal oriented kids should have an interest in the country that provides a great way of life for them. How many stateside troops do you see walking around with guns now?  Why would that change?

And you might want to brush up on the subject of tact, ole buddy.  No need to start name calling over a differing opinion. you have a nice day now.

And South Korea.

Not to be a smartass at all, but as they say, Freedom Isn't Free.  Somebody has to pay for it.

And all the volunteers are paying it GLADLY.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:39:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:40:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Whenever it is brought up it seems like almost everyone on this board is on the verge of tears ?

slaughter
Post Number :: 359

The X must be kickin in Princess because you're obviously flashing on that bastion of rugged individualism and freedom known as DU...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#8]
YES! BRING IT ON! We need to thin out the ranks of retards in this country.

Once implemented just throw wave after wave of libtards at the enemy until they give in. The other libtards can flee to Mexico and do the jobs Mexicans are too lazy to do.

hehe. Draft don't scare me. Hell i'd be enlisted if I could. But since I aint able bodied I can't be drafted or enlisted.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And South Korea.

Freedom costs a buck oh five.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:42:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And South Korea.

Spout cliches all you like, but if your kids get blown up in some 3rd world shithole* because of "real politik" I bet you'd feel differently.

Secure the borders, and stay out of other countries internal affairs.
We'd be a much happier, much more secure, and much freer country.

*That does not refer to Iraq, or any country in particular.
Just refers to the habit of governments to send people to die for worthless reasons.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#11]
"Are you afraid of a draft"

yes, especially since Im not wearing any pants right now

eta you might want to add "?" after a question.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#12]
The army wanting me back.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Aren't you the same dipshit person that responds with, "it's not a good time to enlist right now" when the subject of enlistment is discussed?

Yes I am.

If I am going to enlist to fight and maybe die for my country I would have to respect the CIC.

I lost all respect for this president a long time ago.

If  a different president assumes office and I feel he has this countries best interest at heart I will enlist in the Marines.

I'm not going to hold my breath, if you were worth a shit you would enlist anyway. If not, then quit stealing my oxygen.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And South Korea.

In all the wars we had a draft, only one of them was used for homeland defense.  And that was the CSA during the Civil War and it wasn't enough to prevent defeat.

What American freedom did we defend in WWI by throwing Americans into trenches overseas against their will?

Even in WW2, draftees weren't defending American sovreignty or freedoms. They were kicking dictators out of western Europe and east Asia.

For what American freedoms did we send Americans against their will to Korea or Vietnam?

Don't get me wrong.  If the United States are directly threatened, I beleive Americans have a duty to defend them.    I just don't think we've been in that situation since 1864.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:51:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Why do these types of threads always get hijacked by 2 people calling eachother names?

Shut up stupid
just messing around
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:57:58 PM EDT
[#16]
You bet I'm afriad.

Not afraid to fight... I'm already in the Army.

I'm afraid of my infantry squad being overrun by fat lazy fucks that are only there because they were forced to.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You bet I'm afriad.

I'm afraid of my infantry squad being overrun by fat lazy fucks that are only there because they were forced to.

+1  I don't want or need any draftees!  We do just fine with the all volunteer force, thanks.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And South Korea.

In all the wars we had a draft, only one of them was used for homeland defense.  And that was the CSA during the Civil War and it wasn't enough to prevent defeat.

What American freedom did we defend in WWI by throwing Americans into trenches overseas against their will?

Even in WW2, draftees weren't defending American sovreignty or freedoms. They were kicking dictators out of western Europe and east Asia.

For what American freedoms did we send Americans against their will to Korea or Vietnam?

Don't get me wrong.  If the United States are directly threatened, I beleive Americans have a duty to defend them.    I just don't think we've been in that situation since 1864.

Have you heard of Pearl Harbor? What about the Aleutian Campaign?
And what about Japanese troops actually occupying Sovereign US land in Sitka and Attu Islands, or was WWII a war of US aggression?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I have zero fear of the draft. Perhaps because I already manned up and signed the dotted line. Whoever says its a bad time to enlist doesn't know thier ass from thier elbow. To them, I say, "When is a good time to enlist? When you can reap all the benefits of the military and do nothing to earn them? Or perhaps when you can put your skills to real world use?"

ETA: A good 1400 post. Had other plans for it, but this was for a good cause. And anyone who thinks that they are fighting for the CIC more than the country is a dumb worthless peice of shit. (Not aimed at anyone in particular mods. Sorry, just got off shift, and this whoremongering got me a bit heated.)
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I wish I could go back in
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#21]
wow! this thread is at 3 pages and counting.   the must be proud of himself
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Spout cliches all you like, but if your kids get blown up in some 3rd world shithole* because of "real politik" I bet you'd feel differently.

Secure the borders, and stay out of other countries internal affairs.
We'd be a much happier, much more secure, and much freer country.

*That does not refer to Iraq, or any country in particular.
Just refers to the habit of governments to send people to die for worthless reasons.

I hope I never have to deal with my kids being blown up in a third world shithole.  Others peoples kids are being blown up now and have been in the past.  Mine aren't any different than them.  I have posted my opinion on this subject several times in the past and still believe that I'm right. The two years mandatory duty would be for border control. Both borders and all three coasts.  Expensive? Yes. Cheaper than the debt incured by immigrant invasion over the next how many years? Maybe.

My .02
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#23]
no, i prefer it strait from the tap.  none of that bottled shit for me.

and to answer the question more fully:  i'm 21, i plan on going to medical school

do i want to go and die? no.        would i go?  of course.

i havent been studying my ass off to be a grunt.  i plan on doing either the airforce/army/navy program to pay for med. school, where i give them at least 4 years as a physician.  

the following sounds selfish, i know.  if i knew i wasnt going to die, i'd do it in a heartbeat.  but i havent worked my ass off to go sign up and die from a stupid IED.  now, i suppose thats outside the scope of the "draft" senario, thats more why i havent joined up currently.  i figure i can help a lot more people (including soldiers) if i become a physician and use the intelligence i have to help others.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#24]
The military definately doesn't want to see the draft come back.

It's the dem politicians that keep bringing it up.  Charlie "the Asshat" Rangel mostly.

I think every American should serve their country for two years.

This country is going on day to day like we aren't at war anyway.  A draft might finally make people take the "war" seriously.

I predict the country won't need a draft until we go toe to toe with China, if that ever happens.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:12:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I wish I could go back in

Me too man , just to damn old now
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#26]
The Draft is pure Bull shit.

Not only does it fill the ranks with people who don't want to be the thier.

What is the fucking point for fighting for "freedom" when you arn't even granted the freedom to choose to fight, thats Bull shit.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And what about Japanese troops actually occupying Sovereign US land in Sitka and Attu Islands, or was WWII a war of US aggression?

[sigh] I never said it was.  I think you need to unbunch your panties and carefully read what I wrote.

I think you'd have a hard time convincing anyone that the purpose of the draft in WW2 was to defend the US from invasion. Aleutian Island campagin notwithstanding.  Especially considering the draft started BEFORE Pearl Harbor.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

[sigh] I never said it was.  I think you need to unbunch your panties and carefully read what I wrote.

I think you'd have a hard time convincing anyone that the purpose of the draft in WW2 was to defend the US from invasion. Aleutian Island campagin notwithstanding.  Especially considering the draft started BEFORE Pearl Harbor.

My panties are offically unbunched and I will check my time tables
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
You bet I'm afriad.

+10
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#30]
The best thing that a draft will accomplish is that it will purge this country of cunts. Everyone of them will either run to Canada or end up in prison.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:04:13 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
The best thing that a draft will accomplish is that it will purge this country of cunts. Everyone of them will either run to Canada or end up in prison.

+1

I'm not really hot on the whole deal but I would definitely go if they picked me.  I would be happy to serve my country.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm 19.  Perfect draft age.

Am I afraid of one?  No.  Do I want one?  No.  Will I go if there is one?  Yes.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:36:22 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I dont see a draft coming.  Last time I checked we still have a decent # of people.  The USMC doesnt have stop loss in effect right now, so I am not worried.  

Exactly what I tell my govenment students .  They dont like it so much, but its just my opinion and gets em to perk up real quick.

It's like that in Sweden.  I got a buddy over there who had to serve for 2 years mandatory when I believe he turned 19.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:38:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Why would I care, Im already active duty.  It would be almost as good as getting rid of cable television and video games.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:47:16 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Aren't you the same dipshit person that responds with, "it's not a good time to enlist right now" when the subject of enlistment is discussed?

Yes I am.

If I am going to enlist to fight and maybe die for my country I would have to respect the CIC.

If  a different president assumes office and I feel he has this countries best interest at heart I will enlist in the Marines.

The problem is you are swearing an oath not to the prez, but to the Constituion and the country.  We are at war.  Now is the time to join if you are ever going to do it. Otherwise you are just FOS.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:57:11 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I am.

The problem is you are swearing an oath not to the prez, but to the Constituion and the country.  We are at war.  Now is the time to join if you are ever going to do it. Otherwise you are just FOS.

Thats him FOS and a POS coward.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:58:59 PM EDT
[#37]
tag
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I dont see a draft coming.  Last time I checked we still have a decent # of people.  The USMC doesnt have stop loss in effect right now, so I am not worried.  

Exactly what I tell my govenment students .  They dont like it so much, but its just my opinion and gets em to perk up real quick.

It's like that in Sweden.  I got a buddy over there who had to serve for 2 years mandatory when I believe he turned 19.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:21:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Where is the poll entry for
"Slaughter is a troll, and there is no need for a draft"..
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:42:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Your poll choices eat a bag of dicks.

Am I afraid of a draft? No.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:44:27 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Good thing that career miltary dont EOS when a president they dont like is elected, we'd have no senior enlisted ranks whatsoever, not to metion flag officers.  Everyone has their own reasons for joining.   Mine were decided before I graduated HS.  I know guys that just needed a secure job and hate the idea of us flying into anyplace dangerous.  And I know guys that are in BUDS right now because they want to kick some ass.  Me, I love flying.  And I do it to fulfill a sense of duty that nothing on the civilian side can fill for me..  I dont care who is CIC, I may not like him/her but I aint there for him/her..  I'm in becuase of higher reasons than that..

VERY well said.  I hated every year that Clitton was in office, but I am so glad I stuck it out.  Love or hate the CIC, our job never changes in importance.  Somebody needs to go watch blackhawk down again.  We don't serve for our CIC, politicians, or anybody else.  We do it for the guy next to us, the guy we support directly, the guy whose life may be a little better, or longer, thanks to OUR efforts.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Those who manipulate the US military for corporate, biblical and selfish motives are terrified of the draft. A selfish, stupid, uninvolved electorate is an essential part of their plans.

"Don't wake the dumbshits up with a draft!"

And that garbage about draftees being worthless is crap. More than a few Medal of Honor winners were draftees.

We won't need as many 6 figure contractors, but then our 9 trillion dollar debt ceiling doesn't need them either.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Nah, I ain't scared.  I already joined.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:05:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Had it not been for Vietnam and the ending of the draft in 1973, the draft might be a more realistic option today. But all the bitterness created by Vietnam ruined the draft.

Prior to Vietnam, a war in which many felt we didn't belong in), most people accepted the idea of being drafted and actually expected it. It had been in nearly constant use since around 1940. When something has been around for 25 years, people just have a way to coming to terms with it. People were also more patriotic at the time. Most felt the need to do their duty when called.

But the way the situation in Vietnam went down, people turned against the draft. Had the war made sense to Americans, I think they could have lived with the draft, just as they did in WW1 and WWII. But many viewed Vietnam as a waste and didn't want to fight there.

As things stand now, lots of bitterness still remains over Vietnam and the draft. The draft hasn't been used now in over 30 years. Today's young men growing up don't expect to serve (except those who volunteer of course). It is largely a foreign idea to them. I wonder if patriotism is as high overall as it was during the 40's, 50's and early-mid 60's among 18 year old men?

I don't support a draft in general and hope we never need one again. But I realize that there may be situations that would require one. If we ever again are required to use massive numbers of men, a draft will likely be needed. I just fear that the damage created by Vietnam and the fact the draft was discontinued and shelved for 30+ years may largely make it ineffective if ever needed again for an emergency. But who's to say? I suppose if the cause was serious enough and legit, the people would accept it, even if they hated it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:07:15 PM EDT
[#45]
I wasn't afraid of the draft in 1968, when I registered.  I tried to join the military right out of high school.  Uncle Sam didn't take me because of health reasons.  I would have gone then.  I wanted to go.  

I'm too old now but I'd go if I could.  I still have both of my original draft cards.  

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:19:07 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Had it not been for Vietnam and the ending of the draft in 1973, the draft might be a more realistic option today. But all the bitterness created by Vietnam ruined the draft.

Prior to Vietnam, a war in which many felt we didn't belong in), most people accepted the idea of being drafted and actually expected it. It had been in nearly constant use since around 1940. When something has been around for 25 years, people just have a way to coming to terms with it. People were also more patriotic at the time. Most felt the need to do their duty when called.

But the way the situation in Vietnam went down, people turned against the draft. Had the war made sense to Americans, I think they could have lived with the draft, just as they did in WW1 and WWII. But many viewed Vietnam as a waste and didn't want to fight there.

As things stand now, lots of bitterness still remains over Vietnam and the draft. The draft hasn't been used now in over 30 years. Today's young men growing up don't expect to serve (except those who volunteer of course). It is largely a foreign idea to them. I wonder if patriotism is as high overall as it was during the 40's, 50's and early-mid 60's among 18 year old men?

I don't support a draft in general and hope we never need one again. But I realize that there may be situations that would require one. If we ever again are required to use massive numbers of men, a draft will likely be needed. I just fear that the damage created by Vietnam and the fact the draft was discontinued and shelved for 30+ years may largely make it ineffective if ever needed again for an emergency. But who's to say? I suppose if the cause was serious enough and legit, the people would accept it, even if they hated it.

Men have been required to register with Selective Service for years, and continue to be required to do so today. In many states you cannot get a driver's license if you have not registered with Selective Service. You cannot receive Federal job or educational benefits if you have not registered.

It is time to ask if we are a Nation or not? Does our citizenship mean, or require anything? How will we endure if we have so little binding us? Huge military pay increases and hiring even more expensive contractors is a pyramid scheme farce that has us at 9 trillion and rising. Who will pay for their VA benefits and retirements down the road? How can this be when we are giving citizenship (with the associated Social Security and Medicare benefits) to millions of illegals at the exact same time. The Pyramid Scheme is going to come crashing down on all of us. It is grotesquely irresponsible and short-sighted.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:25:50 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good thing that career miltary dont EOS when a president they dont like is elected, we'd have no senior enlisted ranks whatsoever, not to metion flag officers.  Everyone has their own reasons for joining.   Mine were decided before I graduated HS.  I know guys that just needed a secure job and hate the idea of us flying into anyplace dangerous.  And I know guys that are in BUDS right now because they want to kick some ass.  Me, I love flying.  And I do it to fulfill a sense of duty that nothing on the civilian side can fill for me..  I dont care who is CIC, I may not like him/her but I aint there for him/her..  I'm in becuase of higher reasons than that..

VERY well said.  I hated every year that Clitton was in office, but I am so glad I stuck it out.  Love or hate the CIC, our job never changes in importance.  Somebody needs to go watch blackhawk down again.  We don't serve for our CIC, politicians, or anybody else.  We do it for the guy next to us, the guy we support directly, the guy whose life may be a little better, or longer, thanks to OUR efforts.  

Clinton gave shit raises, Bush hooked it up.  Guess who I like?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:28:01 PM EDT
[#48]
U.S. armed services draft NO

Compuslory militia duty YES
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:29:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
U.S. armed services draft NO

Compuslory militia duty YES

Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:34:25 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I am.

Do the Marines a favor and join the Air Force.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top