Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:10:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I like it too, but I like Virginia Gentelman just as well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I tried Maker's Mark based on some past posts here.  It tastes a little "off" to me.  I prefer Knob Creek or Woodford Reserve.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:25:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I think Maker's Mark is a bit blaaah.  It doesn't have enough flavor for me, nor does it have that nice burn like Knob Creek.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyon here tried Bulleit Burboun?  My brother picked up a bottle at Christmas, and we wound up killing it in about an hour and a half it was so good.

Never seen it, can you find a web site?  

<-------Whiskey, Whisky, and Bourbon junkie.

BULLEIT BOURBON
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:47:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Been known to drink some Makers from time to time.

TXL
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Are you kidding?

I drink so much Maker's Mark that every time my wife goes to CostCo she asks if I need a new bottle of "Marky Mark."
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:49:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I tried one called Buffalo Trace, I believe. It was excellent!

I enjoy a good bourbon, nothing like sittng back in an easy chair, sipping a good bourbon with a single ice cube in it....
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:57:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyon here tried Bulleit Burboun?  My brother picked up a bottle at Christmas, and we wound up killing it in about an hour and a half it was so good.

BULLEIT BOURBON

Thanks, I found a place in Seattle that carries it.  Hope its worth a drive.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:08:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BULLEIT BOURBON

Thanks, I found a place in Seattle that carries it.  Hope its worth a drive.  

Let me qualify my recommendation of it by saying the only two times I drank it I was already half crocked.  You might want to wait for someone else to chime in - for all know the shit's 5 bucks a bottle.

ETA:  Here's a review I found:

Here we have two bourbons, one little known, the other very well known to the whiskey cognoscenti. Bulleit Bourbon, "frontier whiskey" as they bill it, is an old product reborn. Purportedly the first batch of it was whipped up in 1830, but over the years the brand has moved from one company to another and one distillery to another. Since 1997 Bulleit has been a Seagram brand and it is made at their Lawrenceburg, Kentucky distillery. The packaging for Bulleit is quite attractive; no bulbous perfume bottle here, Bulleit comes in a thick, flask or medicine like clear bottle with raised lettering and an old looking, saw-edged, orange band label slapped across the lower quarter of the bottle. It looks very 1880s. The bourbon itself is dark copper colored. It is oaky on the nose and medium bodied. In the mouth one tastes a little spice, apple, and orange peel. There's a touch of heat on the close, but for 90 proof it is quite soft. Well done, and an attractive choice for those looking for an alternative to super-potent bourbons (Think Knob Creek, for example) and super vanilla-ed bourbons (think Maker's Mark). (Rating ***1/2) For further info on Bulliet, surf to http://www.bulleitbourbon.com.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Ambassador for about 5 yrs now.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:27:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Are you kidding?

I drink so much Maker's Mark that every time my wife goes to CostCo she asks if I need a new bottle of "Marky Mark."

Just once, you should tell her:

"No thanks, dear, but if you come across any of that Funky Bunch be sure and get me several."

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:28:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ambassador for about 5 yrs now.  

Which is about as long as the program's been going on, isn't it?  I've been an Ambassador for about as long.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I have enjoyed it once. It went down too easy and too fast. Me no feel good next day.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You haven't tasted fine bourbon until you've tasted Woodford Reserve George T. Stagg.

Ha!  Fixed it for ya ..............

-hd92
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Woodford Reserve is good and readily available. Another bourbon that is great is AH Hirsch, but sometimes it is tough to get a hold of.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top