Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 5:50:17 PM EDT
Went to see Walk the line today.

advertised show time of 16:00

WHY do people insist on showing up after the start expecting to readily find a seat.. let  alone a great number of people showing up 15-20 minutes after show time?????

do yourself and fellow movie goers a favor.. if you're not in your seat at show time.. catch the next one!!

thanks
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#1]
you forgot the part about where they start calling out in the dark trying to find their friends who did show up on time
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Man I can't remember the last time I went to a theater.

I guess my most recent moviegoing experiences have been substandard and not worth the trouble of attending.  I blame the fact that most movies suck nowadays.

I feel old saying that.  I'm only 23.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

advertised show time of 16:00, movie actually starts at 16:35.

WHY do people insist on showing up after the start expecting to readily find a seat.. let  alone a great number of people showing up 15-20 minutes after show time?????

do yourself and fellow movie goers a favor.. if you're not in your seat at show time.. catch the next one!!

thanks

That's why...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]
No kidding, I leave the house 10 minutes after the time listed in the newspaper.  Drive across town, park the car, buy tickets, and walk in just as the credits are starting.  Why sit around for a half hour and watch commercials when your playing good $$$ to see a movie?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No kidding, I leave the house 10 minutes after the time listed in the newspaper.  Drive across town, park the car, buy tickets, and walk in just as the credits are starting.  Why sit around for a half hour and watch commercials when your playing good $$$ to see a movie?

*shrug* That's my favorite part.  Otherwise to me, it's like you're paying $10 to not talk to your friend for two hours.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

advertised show time of 16:00

thanks

because some people switch theaters, they watch another movie for 15 minutes and if they dont like it, they switch theaters and walk in late, Ive seen people do that
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:17:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top