Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 5:28:45 PM EDT
I'm sure we all agree that alcohol and guns don't mix, BUT what about self defense?  If you are going out drinking, do you not CCW?  What about if you are drinking at home? Do you lock up the guns and hope some malcontent doesnt come visiting that night?  What if some malcontent did come to your home and you were drunk?  Would you still grab a gun, or would you react differently?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#1]
it would probably still depend on what you can prove.. your life in immenent danger type scenario.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I  Would you still grab a gun, or would you react differently?

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:42:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm sure we all agree that alcohol and guns don't mix, BUT what about self defense?  If you are going out drinking, do you not CCW?  What about if you are drinking at home? Do you lock up the guns and hope some malcontent doesnt come visiting that night?  What if some malcontent did come to your home and you were drunk?  Would you still grab a gun, or would you react differently?

Just imagining the hell you'd suffer in court if you shot someone while under the influence is enough to keep me from drinking while a gun is in arms reach, home or not.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#4]
it's not what you know its what you can prove!

Occifer he cam ..... butin in da doe, I shot heeem, I got so scared I downd a botsle of  Jimme Dean, I mean Beam , Ima nerbus weck, i gotta seet down (thump).

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:19:03 PM EDT
[#6]
In FL it is against the law to be in possession of firearms if you are drinking or under the influence... There is an exception to that law if you are in your house.
Firearms and booze do not mix, this has been proven time and time again. If you're loaded in your house and someone breaks in, well, go to work on them...

FWIW: A majority of the hardcore shooters I know, don't drink, at all, none, zip.

FWIW: I don't carry a gun if I am or plan to drink, period.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top