User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:44:54 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's sad... the 2nd Amendment isn't enough in Commicusetts.

Con law argument:  2nd restricts the feds from restricting your personal freedoms/rights.

MA Argument - Read the 17th article of the MA state constitution.  It's a stronger argument.

It's a Class A license only for the MAK-90.

Strangely enough, the Firearms Identification Card (FID) does not allow you to possess "firearms" in Massachusetts, because firearm is a term that only applies to handguns (in the law here).

In Comm. v. Davis (1976), the Supreme Judicial Court (the state supreme court) ruled that the 2nd Amendment and the Mass constitution (a deplorable document, amended so many times no one can make sense of it) do not impart to a person any right to own a gun, but it may give the right to the state.  The only way to get rid of that strange precedent would be via SCOTUS.

The gun laws here are so messed up, that what started out as handgun licensing under Section 131 of Chapter 140, has sprouted new sections (not subsections, most have multiple subsections) 131A to 131P, and 131 1/2 and 131 3/4.  And. strangely enough, there is no section 131 1/4.  And this is just a small portion of the gun laws here.

Look, I once left a courtroom after a hearing and had a lawyer I didn't know come up to me and apologize for the Mass judicial system.  I shouldn't be surprized anymore, but the corruption here is beyond belief.

The proper term for residents of this state is "Massholes."
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:47:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i thought an assualt rifle had to have a pistol grip purtruding conspicously underneeth the trigger gard???

They were not charged with an AW violation.  Also, I thought the ATF still considered a thumbhole stock to be a pistol grip, or is that for imports?

All the charges stem from the fact that none of them have a license to posses the firearm, ammo, or mags.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:44:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
wtf is an FID card?

Firearms ID card.   It lets you buy bolt action rifles and shotguns.   You can't possess ammunition legally without it.

If you want something like that AK, I believe you need a different license in Mass, either a Class A or Class B license.

Damn, sounds like the state perceives legal gun ownership as a crime.   Come on down to GA, none of that crap down here.

And that's why the records of FIDs and Pistol Permits are kept by the State Police: Criminal Records Department.  I shit you not.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
wtf is an FID card?

Firearms ID card.   It lets you buy bolt action rifles and shotguns.   You can't possess ammunition legally without it.

If you want something like that AK, I believe you need a different license in Mass, either a Class A or Class B license.

Damn, sounds like the state perceives legal gun ownership as a crime.   Come on down to GA, none of that crap down here.

+1

He is absolutely right.  Firearms licenses and firearms transaction records are maintained by the Criminal History Systems Board, the crew who performs criminal background checks.

And that's why the records of FIDs and Pistol Permits are kept by the State Police: Criminal Records Department.  I shit you not.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i thought an assualt rifle had to have a pistol grip purtruding conspicously underneeth the trigger gard???

How about an assault rifle must be select fire, among other things.  A semiauto is not an assault rifle.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
wtf is an FID card?

hr

hr

hr

hr

hr

hr
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
wtf is an FID card?

( i mean comeon, i've been waiting to get to 1000 posts for awhile, i can use one up on this)
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
wtf is an FID card?

( i mean comeon, i've been waiting to get to 1000 posts for awhile, i can use one up on this)

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:37:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
wtf is an FID card?

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice Gun! Is that a Norinco?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Nice Gun! Is that a Norinco?

Norinco MAK-90.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top