Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/26/2006 11:07:11 AM EDT
I must have missed the transition at some point, but when did it become cool to hate America if you're an American kid? Whatever happened to being proud of your country and what it stands for?

All around campus I see and hear the vast majority of students actively bashing and hating America for the sake of being "cool".

Why!?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#1]
It's still not cool, there have always been idiots.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:09:09 AM EDT
[#2]
There mostly gays, and lesbains. Thats what I noticed. When green day came around and we invaded Iraq. Tell them to leave if they hate it so much.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I would love to slap the shit out of little piss-ants like this one

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:09:52 AM EDT
[#4]
If you do not like it GET THE FUCK OUT!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:10:12 AM EDT
[#5]
It's always been cool among the libs
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I would love to slap the shit out of little piss-ants like this one

www.zombietime.com/hall_of_shame/143-4328_IMG.JPG

BIG + 1
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I especially love the America haters who claim to be patriots, like Hillary. Gotta love those cocksuckers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I think it was a way to vent, When I was in the Army it was the same thing. They were afraid they would have to go over there. I think it is a way for them to also justify not signing up to help out. They haven't been any where yet and don't know how good they have it here. Remember, they are just learning how to fuck let alone any thing else. One of them may be president one day. (hopefully not in my life time)
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#9]
The AssHat quotient increased with the spread of political correctness.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:16:35 AM EDT
[#10]
They hide in crowds of their own kind in the cities and pose for the cameras. They are not what America is all about. They are willing to destry our freedom to secure a pampered existance.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:17:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Something something, blindly following your country's leaders is a disservice to your country, something something. - Early 20th century president, maybe Roosevelt

Should've kept my notes from high school history class.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Its never been cool....its become tolerated.
Became widely tolerated during the Vietnam conflict, with all the hippies that stayed home voicing opinions about things they knew nothing about. It has continued throughout the years, practiced mostly in the liberal city centers of the country.

Its not cool....its ignorant, and sadly, widely accepted by most onlookers.
Makes me wonder just how the modern soldier can look at the landscape and still have the desire to fight to support these ingrates rights. God bless them for doing what they do....shame that they must defend the assholes along with the deserving folks. In the end, that is why this country is still great. The idiots carrying the signs through the streets will never understand that.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:18:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

A FRIGGIN MEN BROTHER. Dont let the door hit ya where the dog bit ya!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#15]
It's never cool to ignore the reality, sacrifice, and pride that make America strong.  It's at best a misguided attempt to question authority in general, and, at worst, a selling out to the forces that want to destroy us.

Of course, when the president comes up with things like "We're going to do this, that, the other thing, fully fund the war in Iraq, and pay for it with Tax Cuts!!"

or "I'm a uniter not a divider"

or "I bequeath upon you George Tenet/Paul Bremer/Muhammad Ali the MEDAL OF FREEDOM for your service"

or "As long as we keep 'GROWING THE ECONOMY', we can deficit spend infinitely with no reprecussions."  which is what he's trying to do.

There is plenty of ammunition given to people to be disenfranchised and unhappy by our non-leaders from both sides of the congressional aisle, and in presidential office right now.  What's required is maturity and the common sense to dislike the duplicity and lack of common sense from our leaders and remember that America is great and will remain so as long as people understand what she means and will fight for it.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:24:24 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I must have missed the transition at some point, but when did it become cool to hate America if you're an American kid? Whatever happened to being proud of your country and what it stands for?

All around campus I see and hear the vast majority of students actively bashing and hating America for the sake of being "cool".

Why!?

No one loves America more than me. That's why I get so pssd when I see the deterioration. We the people, are allowing America to be turned into a police state. The "other side" is smart and patient. Al Quaeda has to be anhialated, no question. But I fully expect that the government will mandate the insertion of chips into us eventually, "For our protection". In a few years, with terrorism, identity theft, child abductions, the public will probably start begging to be implanted. Our alleged leaders have already succeeded in passing strict firearms laws. 50 years ago this wouldn't have been imagined. It will be eeerily interesting to see what the new US will be like in 50 years.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
When Did It Become Cool To Hate Your Country?

I'd say in the 1960's.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#18]
if you don't like your country, go somewhere better
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#19]

When Did It Become Cool To Hate Your Country?

For me, I think it was the Vietnam War, I remember all of those anti-war protesters, and the news media egging them on during the 6pm news broadcast.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Local talk radio guys got some good stuff on tape when the Latino kids walked out of their schools.  One guy, when asked what they were demonstrating about said, "Who gives a fuck, we got out".  Other kids (the ones that stayed in school) said school was more pleasant than usual because the trouble makers had all left for the "demonstration".

The irony is that most kids haven't left the relative security of their parents home or the dorm at school to see what's so great about all these other countries that ARE cool.  Kids are given too much today in the realm of things and too little in the realm of values.  Well you cannot really give them values, you have to demonstrate them in your own life and hope they see the point.

And then there's the basic have and have not issue.  Too many of the have's want to give what we (the collective) have away rather than leave people to their own choices about how they want to live.  Not everyone can be rich but most can achieve a pretty good life with hard work and making good choices.

The wife and I took a 2 hour walk through the local parks today and it was pretty pleasant.  Guys playing frisbee golf, kids and their families with the dog at the Dog Park.  Horseback riders and runners, a few fishermen, young and old, just a general mix of people that seemed to be able to get along.  I think the media is stirring shit up.  I take the news with a VERY SMALL grain of salt.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
It's never cool to ignore the reality, sacrifice, and pride that make America strong.  It's at best a misguided attempt to question authority in general, and, at worst, a selling out to the forces that want to destroy us.

Of course, when the president comes up with things like "We're going to do this, that, the other thing, fully fund the war in Iraq, and pay for it with Tax Cuts!!"

or "I'm a uniter not a divider"

or "I bequeath upon you George Tenet/Paul Bremer/Muhammad Ali the MEDAL OF FREEDOM for your service"

or "As long as we keep 'GROWING THE ECONOMY', we can deficit spend infinitely with no reprecussions."  which is what he's trying to do.

There is plenty of ammunition given to people to be disenfranchised and unhappy by our non-leaders from both sides of the congressional aisle, and in presidential office right now.  What's required is maturity and the common sense to dislike the duplicity and lack of common sense from our leaders and remember that America is great and will remain so as long as people understand what she means and will fight for it.

Exactly Fast Jimmy. It's time for the republican party (I'M A REPUBLICAN), to refocus on what being a republic means. Iraq is a quagmire that was created by England's colonialism. They went in, changed the geographic lines, and created a volatile mess. It took a fkn psycho like Sadam, to keep everything in check. There has to be a plan to separate Iraq into its original makeup. The Kurds have the oil, that can't be changed. SO the division should nurture an interactive economy among the separated sectors. Kurds drill the oil, Sunni area builds cars, trucks, washers and dryers etc, Shiites make oil production equipment and infrustructure construction for the whole. Maybe one sector could be responsible for utilities? Outside exporting of goods would be regulated and balanced by a type of economic union assembly. I do not see any other way out of this mess.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#23]
punk as$, Come f- me!

Love the best country in the world, or go away.  USA
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
They hide in crowds of their own kind in the cities and pose for the cameras. They are not what America is all about. They are willing to destry our freedom to secure a pampered existance.

And,

They won't stop, ever, until we kick their ass.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#25]
9/11/01
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:52:01 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Exactly Fast Jimmy. It's time for the republican party (I'M A REPUBLICAN), to refocus on what being a republic means. Iraq is a quagmire that was created by England's colonialism. They went in, changed the geographic lines, and created a volatile mess. It took a fkn psycho like Sadam, to keep everything in check. There has to be a plan to separate Iraq into its original makeup. The Kurds have the oil, that can't be changed. SO the division should nurture an interactive economy among the separated sectors. Kurds drill the oil, Sunni area builds cars, trucks, washers and dryers etc, Shiites make oil production equipment and infrustructure construction for the whole. Maybe one sector could be responsible for utilities? Outside exporting of goods would be regulated and balanced by a type of economic union assembly. I do not see any other way out of this mess.

Yes, and all the treasure and sacrifice that will be required to accomplish this so that we can remove a brutal, but secular, dictator who didn't have WMD's (at least at the time of our invasion), and leave a country with Sharia as its basic law, which leaves the pleasant, enlightened option of death for christian converts.

My favorite quote from all of this was from an official involved in the recent case in Afghanistan who said that because islam was a tolerant religion, it would forgive the man and not execute him... as long as he renounced his conversion and once again braced islam.

Apparently this is the 'tolerance' the muslim world has to offer.

I'd be more comfortable if the man most responsible for making sure civilization comes out on top in this clash of freedom against barbarisim and medeival religious totalitarianism (the president) was a better multitasker, and used better judgment.  At least he seems to understand the stakes.  However, look at how well 'democratic' elections worked out in palestine.  what a disaster.  And the Bush administration was warned that this is exactly what would happen.  Where's the logic?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#27]
How about right after George Bush fucked us on immigration?

How about right after George Bush tried to fuck us on the UAE port deal?

How about right after the SCOTUS OK'ed stealing folks private real estate to give to developers?

How about right after the liberal idiots nearly elected Al Gore and Mr. "I crawled through the brush on my belly with my trusty double barrel shotgun" that asshat John Kerry?

Is that enough or do need more?  As a conservative, far right wing government hater, I've got plenty more.

This country is populated with idiots and will get whatever it deserves.  With our borders as porous as they are, that will probably be a 10 kiloton blast in a major city.  Don't forget, the morons in this country VOTED THE POLITICIANS INTO OFFICE that have screwed things up so much.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Most of the people here at AR15.com hate America - at least all of America that's beyond the limits of their sight.

No, just Kali.

I would dispute that though. I think many are sick of the 5th Column which seeks, actively or out of misguided ignorance and stupidity, to destroy our freedoms and our country.  So we depsise them and those in the gov't which act in their behalf.

This is no longer a 1st Amend issue. Speaking out is one thing but when the forces behind these movements seek to undermine the family, the nation, our freedoms and our country it becomes something else. Simply because they hide like women while doing so doesn't absolve them.

There was a time when I was younger that I truly believed that I defended the Rights of these people to speak out and oppose their own nation, etc. I have come over the years to realize that they don't give a shit about our rights or what is best for this country. Not even for my right to speak. As such I no longer care about theirs. To Hell with their Rights. What they need I won't say here. Not yet, but I think it can be inferred.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Most of the people here at AR15.com hate America - at least all of America that's beyond the limits of their sight.

I agree with this.  You hear lots of vitriolic rhetoric bemoaning the 'sheeple', and a lot of paranoid contempt for the US population as a whole and its intelligence.  I think half of the people here have some kind of secret wish to just fight it out after the apocalypse, and get to use their toys the way they were meant for.

For what it's worth, I work and live in Ohio, exposed to the public, and I'm consistently impressed with the character and integrity of Americans.  They are generally polite, hard working, cherish their children above all else, and believe in our country... more so than many on here.

I also employ 30 or 40 younger kids (17-22), who come to work on time, work hard, and do what they're told without whining unduly.  Some of these kids make me damn proud.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

XDbackup, I agree. If our governemtn is turning into an ANTI American entity, we should KICK them, and any ignorant followers, out of our country.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
 Don't forget, the morons in this country VOTED THE POLITICIANS INTO OFFICE that have screwed things up so much.

Sure... blame the general public for the John Kerry/GWB dichotomy.  It's our fault that political parties are made to pander to polls and charts, rather than try to find the right way for America.

We make them be less than honest about what the contry needs, especially a 2nd term, no chance for reelection republican only there because the other choice was utterly lousy.

GBW could show as much leadership as he wanted, discuss the sacrifice necessary to make us strong for the future, and force the hard choices.  Insted, he's concerned about his legacy, while the rest of the republican party tries to hand pick a GWB clone that can win with another 51 percent, while not making sense on half the issues facing us.  How is that my fault as a voter, or yours?

Yep, all the moronic voters fault.   It's true that the American public will take as many bones as it's thrown, but they made the hard choice to not elect Kerry.  

How hard is it for politicians to stop the gravy train and get to work?  Wait... that's not how to get RE-Elected, so screw it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree with this.  You hear lots of vitriolic rhetoric bemoaning the 'sheeple', and a lot of paranoid contempt for the US population as a whole and its intelligence.  I think half of the people here have some kind of secret wish to just fight it out after the apocalypse, and get to use their toys the way they were meant for.

For what it's worth, I work and live in Ohio, exposed to the public, and I'm consistently impressed with the character and integrity of Americans.  They are generally polite, hard working, cherish their children above all else, and believe in our country... more so than many on here.

I also employ 30 or 40 younger kids (17-22), who come to work on time, work hard, and do what they're told without whining unduly.  Some of these kids make me damn proud.

I agree.

I had this all typed out to post in another thread, and decided to just ignore that thread.....but here it is[rant on]
Jesus Christ.....

This thread sucks.

It is full of the whinest group of pansyasses I have ever seen.

If you hate this country so fucking much MOVE.
Pull an Alec Baldwin......oh yeah, he ended up not liking the option not to well himself.

Some of y'all are so full of shit and you think it is so bad here, why don't you go see how you would do in Cuba, or China, or Nigeria?

We live in the greatest country, with the greatest people, with the greatest economy, with the greatest system of government the world has ever seen. I challenge any of you to provide one scrap of evidence otherwise.
If you can prove me wrong.....move your ass to place you find so damned appealing.

I love this country, and everything we stand for. We are the best at everything, and the rest of the world knows it.....to bad some of you don't.

[rant off]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, and all the treasure and sacrifice that will be required to accomplish this so that we can remove a brutal, but secular, dictator who didn't have WMD's (at least at the time of our invasion), and leave a country with Sharia as its basic law, which leaves the pleasant, enlightened option of death for christian converts.

My favorite quote from all of this was from an official involved in the recent case in Afghanistan who said that because islam was a tolerant religion, it would forgive the man and not execute him... as long as he renounced his conversion and once again braced islam.

Apparently this is the 'tolerance' the muslim world has to offer.

I'd be more comfortable if the man most responsible for making sure civilization comes out on top in this clash of freedom against barbarisim and medeival religious totalitarianism (the president) was a better multitasker, and used better judgment.  At least he seems to understand the stakes.  However, look at how well 'democratic' elections worked out in palestine.  what a disaster.  And the Bush administration was warned that this is exactly what would happen.  Where's the logic?

Right again, Jimmy. I can't believe our leaders allowed a government to take control that mandates the death penalty for conversion to Christianity. We helped them, I don't think the lord would appreciate our being an accomplice to such shit. And I'm not that religious. I had no idea they now had laws like that in Afghanistan. Our men are still there dying to prop this up? My tax dollars are supporting this?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Someone needs to explain to me how the angst against the Hate America/Blame America crowd got turned against our fellow ARFCOMMERS.

Explain.
What can I say, I never have uderstood this transferrance crap.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#35]
I love my country.

I'm just not a big fan of the government.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:19:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.

I had this all typed out to post in another thread, and decided to just ignore that thread.....but here it is[rant on]
Jesus Christ.....

This thread sucks.

Pull an Alec Baldwin......oh yeah, he ended up not liking the option not to well himself.

Some of y'all are so full of shit and you think it is so bad here, why don't you go see how you would do in Cuba, or China, or Nigeria?

We live in the greatest country, with the greatest people, with the greatest economy, with the greatest system of government the world has ever seen. I challenge any of you to provide one scrap of evidence otherwise.
If you can prove me wrong.....move your ass to place you find so damned appealing.

I love this country, and everything we stand for. We are the best at everything, and the rest of the world knows it.....to bad some of you don't.

[rant off]

True Krpind, America is a lot better than "China, Cuba and Nigeria"...NOW. Does that mean we shouldn't try to keep it that way? We better watch the errosion of liberty here, or one day we WILL BE, CHINA.  Or don't you agree?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#37]
when being unthankful and unappreciative of all the blessings became popular...they are spoiled brats who should have been spanked big time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.

Jesus Christ.....

This thread sucks.

[rant off]

+2, one for each of you. Well said guys!

I love my country. I just wish there was a pill to cure Liberalism.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:43:44 PM EDT
[#39]
In the sixties with the rise of communism on the campi.  As the hip generation slowly achieved tenure and took over the university chairs, they achieved more power and the ability to shovel their brand of red-diaper baby shit out to all of the young students with heads full of mush.

They feel guilt...lots of it.  They blame all of the ills in the world on conservatives, capitalism, corporations, rish people in general (Except for those in Hollywood or the Northeast who "CARE" and on virtually all Republicans in general.

Process began a long time ago...just because the old Soviet Union is gone doesn't mean that the true believers aren't still hanging around.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Why!?

You hear what you fear the most. They don't hate their country, they hate those that currently are running it, running it into the ground.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:45:56 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Something something, blindly following your country's leaders is a disservice to your country, something something. - Early 20th century president, maybe Roosevelt

Should've kept my notes from high school history class.

Something something...hating your country because you disagree with the decisions of a single president is stupid and childish, something something.-Early 21st century poster, maybe RikWriter.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:48:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why!?

You hear what you fear the most. They don't hate their country, they hate those that currently are running it, running it into the ground.

Wrong.  They hate their country, not just its leaders.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#44]
If you hate America, you need to leave.  Iraq and Afganistan has room.....

Max
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why!?

Wrong.  They hate their country, not just its leaders.

If it does not change the next election, you will be right. There will be a hate for the country. Blood will run red in the streets. Revolution, too many taxes, too many laws, too much governement.

Well that is my guess anyway ?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:58:11 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
You're not paying attention if you don't think AR15.com hates America.

The blue states hate the red ones.

The south hates the north.

The whites hates the blacks.

The Christians hate the Muslims.

The straights hate the gays.

The sober hate the drunks.

The country folk hate the city folk.

The divorced hate the females.

The truck drivers hate the drivers.

American car drivers hate Japanese car drivers.

And everyone hates the Air Force.

And of course, visa-versa. This single forum has done more to destroy my faith in mankind than anything I've seen anywhere else. The amount of hate here is simply amazing. We Americans love to hate the other guy and can't learn enough about the other guy fast enough to hate him. Whatever 1% difference they can find is enough to hate them for. There is nothing so small as to not make fun of, insult, and hate another American here.

There are a very few amoung the people here that have given me some faith back ... very few.

Yeah, we're a self-destructive species competing with one anohter while bumping into one another everywhere we turn.  No surprises here but damn Paul, if you feel that negatively about this place maybe you need a break.

I'll tell you that you've had a sheltered life if this is the worst you've see.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

And of course, visa-versa. This single forum has done more to destroy my faith in mankind than anything I've seen anywhere else. The amount of hate here is simply amazing. We Americans love to hate the other guy and can't learn enough about the other guy fast enough to hate him. Whatever 1% difference they can find is enough to hate them for. There is nothing so small as to not make fun of, insult, and hate another American here.

There are a very few amoung the people here that have given me some faith back ... very few.

well said
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:11:43 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
when being unthankful and unappreciative of all the blessings became popular...they are spoiled brats who should have been spanked big time.

Johnrj, but it is now unlawful to spank your kids. Don't believe me? Just ask your local law enforcement personnel. The schhool counselors across the country are advising kids that if their parents spank them, it is worng, and they should contact either the police or school administration.  Human Services puts each report in a national database. It's this kind of BIGBROTHER crap that pss's me off. And we're allowing it. ...but hey! It's better than China!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Here's a scary statistic from the CATo Institute. 75% of all americans do not know their neighbors. There may be some interaction, like a wave, but Americans are isolating themselves.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Most of that is Keyboard ego . Face to face it's a different story .

As for hating my country . I don't , but I do fear what
it may become
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top