Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 8:14:14 AM EDT
Friday some neo nazi in Pasco county stabbed a guy and girl. The guy died yesterday but that's not my point.

I watched one news story where they called the trailer he lived in a "compound". Just an observation that the media determines where you live by who you are not what is real. The place the guy lived was hardly a compound, it was a frikken single wide trailer.

It seems if you are a nazi, militia member, christian fundamentalist, or "gun nut" you live in a compound. Everyone else lives in houses and trailers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:17:47 AM EDT
[#1]
thats not a trailer, thats his "Eagle's Lair"
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:21:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Friday some neo nazi in Pasco county stabbed a guy and girl. The guy died yesterday but that's not my point.

I watched one news story where they called the trailer he lived in a "compound". Just an observation that the media determines where you live by who you are not what is real. The place the guy lived was hardly a compound, it was a frikken single wide trailer.

It seems if you are a nazi, militia member, christian fundamentalist, or "gun nut" you live in a compound. Everyone else lives in houses and trailers.

I call my house a compound. I think anyone who ones a house and a gun there house should be called a compound. Also we should all be dividians or what ever they are.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Whoa cool, my dorm room is a compouitnd. Just imagine the standoff!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:30:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe we SHOULD form a compound... how much would it cost to buy about 10 square miles of land somewhere in a gun-friendly state, split amongst all serious free-staters, put reinforced concrete walls with concertina wire and a couple armed border checkpoints, and build nice houses and a few stores there?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:34:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Maybe we SHOULD form a compound... how much would it cost to buy about 10 square miles of land somewhere in a gun-friendly state, split amongst all serious free-states, put reinforced concrete walls with concertina wire and a couple armed border checkpoints, and build nice houses and a few stores there?

when i win the lotto, i will be doing such.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes he lived in trailer. But it was also surronded by high solid fencing etc.

Looked like a compound to me. A shitty one.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#7]
post pics
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I was wondering this same thing a while ago - what makes a "compound"?  In the media's eyes, probably the same criteria for determining if a gun collection is an "arsenal" - rectal extrication.

They DO call the kennedy estate "The kennedy Compound".

=====
I guess I have both a compound and an arsenal! Woohoo!

Main Entry: com·pound
Pronunciation: 'käm-"paund
Function: noun
Etymology: by folk etymology from Malay kampung group of buildings, village
: a fenced or walled-in area containing a group of buildings and especially residences

Main Entry: ar·se·nal
Pronunciation: 'ärs-n&l, 'är-s&n-&l
Function: noun
Etymology: Italian arsenale, ultimately from Arabic dAr sinA'ah house of manufacture
1 a : an establishment for the manufacture or storage of arms and military equipment b : a collection of weapons
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yes he lived in trailer. But it was also surronded by high solid fencing etc.

Looked like a compound to me. A shitty one.

Quite the compound.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top