Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 11:30:24 PM EDT
Sometimes in certain circumstances I look at English words and it looks like a foreign language...

For instance, I typed out get both in another post, and when I looked at it I had the weird feeling I'd misspelled it...it just looked like German or something...

get both

See what I mean? Or no?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:35:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:39:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Happens to me all the time.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#3]
not unless they are horrifically misspelled.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:39:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Dyslexia isn't just for tsafkaerb anymore.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Sometimes I'll look at a word and it just wont make sense.  I'm probably becoming schizophrenic or something.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:42:01 PM EDT
[#6]
No.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sometimes I'll look at a word and it just wont make sense.  I'm probably becoming schizophrenic or something.  

Nah, it happens to me too.

Unless we're both going bonkers.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:48:22 PM EDT
[#8]
ihavenoideawhatyouaretalkingabout
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:12:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Not so often any more, but once in a while in the past I'd get that feeling.  Usually with small words, like "the".  It just wouldn't look/sound right.  

I suppose that was one of the more important brain cells dying.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:26:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't think it's Dyslexia.

The words don't look "jumbled", they just don't look right...

Maybe when you are in a certain mode of thinking, you language center nulls out. Or something.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:33:36 AM EDT
[#11]
It happens with any word just look at it, or repeat it long enough, and it will sound completely strange....

There actually is alot of forien language in English though, in it's early days English kept borrowing words from different languages mainly Latin, and French, but some other stuff got thrown in to, it still does it to some extent, for example how many times lately have you heared somebody say the word Uber, instead of super, shhhhh, noboddy tell the Germans that we stole there word, or even made up words, how many times have you caght yourself useing the word "Frack" lately (To much Battle Star Galactica....), or if your reall Geaky "Frell" "Dren" "Hourn", or "Microt" (To Much Farscape....), or "Felgercarb" (To much Battle Star Galactica The Origional Series....)....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top