Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 7:46:05 PM EDT
If anyone here uses biodiesel, tell me how its working for you. Is my 2006 duramax bio diesel ready?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:48:25 PM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine has quite a set up to make the stuff, and he uses it all the time.  I do not use it myself in my diesel, but he uses it all the time in his (a cummins turbo, like mine), with no trouble.

I think he is using 85% regular diesel, and 15% bio diesel right now.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#2]
So you can mix it?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like shit and I mean it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, your chevy can use Bio in it. I didn't see where your from. BUT REMEBER it jell's at a warmer temp than reg. feul. So don't get up here in the North and forget about it. Or you'll PAY,AND PAY,PAY. i own several big truck's and have tried it in my oldest (95). Works just fine. Smell's a little funny but works good.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:28:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I told a friend of mine at work about it. He promptly went out and made a batch. His Volkswagon Rabbit runs great on the stuff and the exaust smells like a hot BBQ pit.  It's a summer time only fuel for him though since he doesn't want to invest in a tank and filter heater just yet. It costs about .60 per gallon to make.  The methyl hydroxide is the expensive and dangerous part.  you have to be careful when you make that part of the formula.  He gets about 7-8 gallons of useable biodiesel out of about 10 gallons of WVO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top