Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2006 5:53:24 PM EDT
what a great night...

lit up a campfire in the backyard & busted out the acoustic guitars with a couple college buds & threw back some beers along with our wives ('cept mine, she's pregnant w/ #2).

played some cool tunes & made some music, my favorite of which was "Girl From the North Country" - Johnny Cash song done alongside Bob Dylan, an AWESOME tune if done right...I did Bob Dylan's verses, which is good, cause my buzz made me sound just like him...lol

Anyway...sometimes it's all about the music.  Now my friends went on home to their respective families and I'm on Arfcom, tipping back more beer, smelling like wood smoke, and feelin' fine.

<yawn>

yup.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:04:43 PM EDT
[#1]
wish i was there we do the same here. weather is warming up and i built the killer fire pit. though i'm the only guitar player. good times!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#2]
yes 'tis

just one of them good things in life that justifies all the headaches during the week.  It was also cool seeing my 1 year old daughter, half asleep in mom's lap watching me sing...

damn man...I'm gettin' all mushy n' shit....better stop drinking before I get too sloppy.

I need to buy some OD furniture for my midlength AR....better shake this off and head to the EE!

I highly recommend everyone listen to that song from time to time though - good stuff.  Aight...I'm back to normal now.

"Fucking Savages!"
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:14:41 PM EDT
[#3]
w00t!!

Life is good!  

Just a couple more weeks until the weather will be warm enough to bare during a night out in the mountains...

--VT
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like good times.

Been there once or twice myself, except I can't sing or play the guitar worth a crap.........
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#5]
We do that almost every weekend here with our neighbors when the weather is good. It's still ~30F outside, so no drunken nonsense yet this year, but damn... good times, with or without the music.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#6]
"If your travelin' in the north country fair",,,,,,,,,
yep, waiting for some warm weather and will start the fire and get out the old git-fiddle and JAM!
seems to be a lot of players on this site; glad to have heard of a player who can do the old Dylan stuff!
Strange, before I logged on, I was just thinking of doing the same thing soon. AMEN.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Still too cold at night around here for sitting around a campfire for any length of time.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#8]
dug out the lp, vinyl
"Nashville Skyline."
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
what a great night...

lit up a campfire in the backyard & busted out the acoustic guitars with a couple college buds & threw back some beers along with our wives ('cept mine, she's pregnant w/ #2).

played some cool tunes & made some music, my favorite of which was "Girl From the North Country"

You wont believe that but I know the lady that inspired that song.  She knew Bob Zimmerman in MN, right before she moved to AK.  He said, "I'll write a song about you, the girl from the North Country.".

"North Country" refers, of course to the mining region of north Minnesota from where Dylan came from.  But why would she lie about something like that?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm jealous. Sort of.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
what a great night...

played some cool tunes & made some music, my favorite of which was "Girl From the North Country" - Johnny Cash song done alongside Bob Dylan, an AWESOME tune if done right...I did Bob Dylan's verses, which is good, cause my buzz made me sound just like him...lol

Anyway...sometimes it's all about the music.  Now my friends went on home to their respective families and I'm on Arfcom, tipping back more beer, smelling like wood smoke, and feelin' fine.

<yawn>

yup.

great friends, hot wife, music and beer...

good to hear it man...

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Sure, the red iron rotted.
Thats why Zimmy moved away.
I am glad that I am not the only resident "Bob-ologist!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top