Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2006 2:53:18 PM EDT
Movie is on now.
WE MUST NEVER FORGET!!!

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#1]
We have Japanese clients where I work.  Tora Tora Tora is a well known movie in Japan.  They are amazed that such a movie was made here, being that the Americans get clobbered.  Tora, Tora, Tora was made with a lot of famous Japanese actors.  By the way, the English parts of Tora, Tora, Tora are subtitled in Japan.

Midway is another story.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Movie is on now.
WE MUST NEVER FORGET!!!

we should get revenge on those bastards!!!

oh....

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:18:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the Israeli remake

TORAH, TORAH, TORAH
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#4]

i just shouldnt say a damn thing...... damn COC and all
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Midway, Iwo jima, Okinawa......

I fly my fathers flag, WWII navy

I fly my sons flag also, USS Louisanna (Boomer)

GO NAVY!!

ROCK ON- SUPER NUK
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#6]
the story is well known.

but did you know that they destoryed many war birds in the making of that film.. very sad.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

TORAH, TORAH, TORAH

I was thinking the same thing.  

N_T,

"Torah, Torah, Torah," is part of a traditional Jewish chant that is often sung on the Sabbath.  I imagine you don't take offense to it bud.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:31:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TORAH, TORAH, TORAH

N_T,

"Torah, Torah, Torah," is part of a traditional Jewish chant that is often sung on the Sabbath.  I imagine you don't take offense to it bud.

oh no, the jokes that came to mind regarded the content of the movie.  involved chinese food and other stereotypical type stuff, but i have already said too much
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:34:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TORAH, TORAH, TORAH

N_T,

There's a hilarious photoshop with the torah torah torah subtitle.  Shows Lubavitch Jews in Zeros with stars instead of sun insignia, attacking the pyramids, which are in flames.

I wish I could post it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
We have Japanese clients where I work.  Tora Tora Tora is a well known movie in Japan.  They are amazed that such a movie was made here, being that the Americans get clobbered.  Tora, Tora, Tora was made with a lot of famous Japanese actors.  By the way, the English parts of Tora, Tora, Tora are subtitled in Japan.

Midway is another story.

I have got no idea why, but NHK always shows Tora Tora Tora, The sound of music, Ben Hur and Doctor Doolittle(original version) part of their new year movie line up.
Maybe the rights were bought cheap or something
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Tora!  Tora!  Tora! was a cooperative effort between two former enemies.  The producers honestly tried to make the film as honest as possible and have done a terrific job in that respect.  The models were excellent and that later movie (Pearl Harbor?) sucked big time.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TORAH, TORAH, TORAH

N_T,

oh no, the jokes that came to mind regarded the content of the movie.  involved chinese food and other stereotypical type stuff, but i have already said too much

Is that the movie that compromised what we [Jews] do on Christmas (eat Chinese food and go to a movie)?

If so, then I have to see it!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TORAH, TORAH, TORAH

N_T,

There's a hilarious photoshop with the torah torah torah subtitle.  Shows Lubavitch Jews in Zeros with stars instead of sun insignia, attacking the pyramids, which are in flames.

I wish I could post it.

Post it brother!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#14]
If the Confederate Air Force's*  Tora group ever makes it to an air show near you you must see them. They are the aircraft used in the movie and the flying and pyro used in the air show act are superb. Well worth the price of admission.
* I refuse to call them the Commemorative Air Force.  When Jessie and Al sponsor a Tuskegee Airmen P-51 I'll change my tune.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:31:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I love the movie. One of my favorites.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TORAH, TORAH, TORAH

N_T,

I wish I could post it.

I think you should IM it to me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Tora!  Tora!  Tora! was a cooperative effort between two former enemies.  The producers honestly tried to make the film as honest as possible and have done a terrific job in that respect.  The models were excellent and that later movie (Pearl Harbor?) sucked big time.

I agree.  Excellent job of showing both sides.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:38:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Movie is on now.
WE MUST NEVER FORGET!!!

hr

we should get revenge on those bastards!!!

oh....

www.un.org/UN50/Photos/un50-017.gif

I think we did.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Too Bad the Nips finally kicked our ass with better cars than the "Big 3" could make.

And for the record I drive an import, and the Big Three can KISS MY ASS with their overpriced, underquality crap.

SG
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
If the Confederate Air Force's*  Tora group ever makes it to an air show near you you must see them. They are the aircraft used in the movie and the flying and pyro used in the air show act are superb. Well worth the price of admission.

The first time I saw that, back in '77, I was unprepared and totally blown away!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

TORAH, TORAH, TORAH

Just a heads up
Was a episode of Magnum PI

www.imdb.com/title/tt0639758/

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Shouldn't it have been titled "Niitake-Yama Nobore?"
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:09:23 PM EDT
[#22]
I just saw Midway for the first time, and though it was excellent, I was disappointed that the Japanese just looked like and sounded like Americans.  They should have at least spoken in Japanese with English subtitles.

Tora! Tora! Tora! absolutely rocked.  I am still amazed that a historical movie was made that did NOT have an invented story to make it "more interesting" (Pearl Harbor, Titanic, etc.)
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Richard Fleischer died today, he was the Director of "Tora!, Tora!, Tora!"
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#24]
One of the best films ever made. Incredible detail to accuracy and honest portrayal of both sides.

Really wasn't eclipsed until Private Ryan and Band of Brothers.

One of the first films I got on DVD.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#25]
On the History channel they talked about it and I think it was dual direction where a Japanese guy directed the Japanese view and a american the american view
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#27]
"Climb Mt. Nataka."
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

but did you know that they destoryed many war birds in the making of that film.. very sad.

I thought they used fiberglass mock ups for the planes that got destroyed?

No they shot up a LOT of P-40 Warhawks (I think those are the correct planes) on the ground.

When the film was made most of that stuff wasn't even 30 years old. Now of course it would be priceless.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
"Climb Mt. Nataka."

Tiger, Tiger, Tiger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top