Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 10:46:05 AM EDT
I just bought a shiny new Kel-tec P-32, and was wondering how it is customary to carry one.  Right now, I've just been dropping it into a pocket with a full magazine and an empty chamber.  I realize this isn't the best way to do it, but, as they say - its better than a sharp stick.

Are there pocket holsters out there that cover the trigger?  I can just put it in my pocket and forget it, and the way my slacks are made, it stays upright, but I just don't feel comfortable with a round in the pipe like that.  With the trigger exposed, its conceivable I could lean up against the corner of a counter or soemthing and end up not being able to have children.

Also, about ammo - I bought 100 rounds of Cor-Bons, and ran 85 of them without a hiccup.  I love the little gun, and it is surprisingly accurate for such a short sight radius, and its a blast to shoot.  Are there better defensive rounds for it out there?

And finally, where can I find more information about the .32Auto cartridge and "rim-lock"?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:48:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a pocket holster if you are worried about it discharging in your pocket. Also keep your keys and anything else in a separate pocket.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:56:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought the belt clip for mine.  Stellar Rigs has lots of cool holster choices for the P32, but I haven't tried them yet.

Cor-Bon is going to be about the hottest stuff out there.  Fiocchi penetrates deeper, but doesn't have the expansion, and is almost as hot.  Check out the gel tests here.

Rim lock happens because the rim is larger than the rest of the cartridge.  If not careful, it's possible to load the magazine incorrectly, causing the rim of one round to be *behind* the rim of the round below it.  When this happens, the pistol will jam when trying to feed that round, because the round below it has it locked in place.  The best way to avoid this is to be careful when loading your mags, making sure that each round is pushed fully to the rear in the mag before loading the next one.

Edit:  www.ktog.org has lots of good info, and a forum that's a bit busier than our own Kel Tec forum.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I carry mine in a DeSantis "The Sting" leather pocket holster in my front jeans pocket.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you 3rd, that's EXACTLY what I need :)

I'd prefer one without the extra mag pouch, but I bet I can find one with the info i've got now.

EDIT:  What's teh deal with the different grip pattern?  The crosshatch it has from the factory hurts my hands on longer range sessions, does that make it better?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I carry mine in a Grandfather Oak pocket holster. Its lightweight and doesnt print at all...the holster has a 'catch' so that when you are pulling the gun out of your pocket the holster will catch onto the inside of your pocket and stay in the pocket.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I used a inexpensive little Uncle Mike's pocket holster.  It is kinda "L" shaped with suede on the bottom 1/3 that keeps the holster in your pocket when you draw the gun.  I carried one in this holster for several years and never had a problem.  There are more expensive versions (there is one in the Dillon Precision catalog that looks just like it made out of leather and much more expensive) but this one works just fine.

BTW, excellent choice for a carry gun (the P32 and P3AT are, IMHO, the most efficient carry guns made!).  Some folks will pooh pooh you for carrying a .32, but CARRYING it is what really matters!  Remember, the absolute best carry gun is whatever happens to be on ya when the SHTF, and the Kel-Tecs are light and thin and small enough to be there all the time.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a belt clip on mine. However, I usually just drop it into a pocket. It's perfectly safe with one in the chamber. I've carried it every day for over 8 years and it looks it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:11:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:18:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Get a pocket holster if you are worried about it discharging in your pocket. Also keep your keys and anything else in a separate pocket.

That about covers this topic
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:59:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I'd prefer one without the extra mag pouch, but I bet I can find one with the info i've got now.

EDIT:  What's teh deal with the different grip pattern?  The crosshatch it has from the factory hurts my hands on longer range sessions, does that make it better?

Several companies make virtually the same thing without the mag pouch, Besides DeSantis I highly recommend KD Holsters and Headly Holsters who also makes great pocket holsters.

I've applied 3M grip tape to the sides and front strap of my P32.  I've got big hands and can't get my whole hand in most jeans pockets.  The grip tape makes a 2 finger draw much more secure.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:40:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Check out Hedley holsters. Highest quality pocket holsters made in my opinion.

www.hedleyholsters.com

Ed
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
EDIT:  What's teh deal with the different grip pattern?

Looks like he put skateboard tape on the grip...good idea!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:24:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Look for the DeSantis Nemisis. Same design in nylon? without the mag pouch.. Think I paid about $15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top