Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2006 10:40:53 AM EDT
New show on Bravo called "Real Housewives Of Orange County"

This show is an absolute mess and embarassment here. I have a lot of customers in this gated community and tell me that they are ASHAMED that these women would act the way that they do.

I have one customer that is a housewife in Huntington Beach who said "I am an OC housewife and this show makes me want to go out and get a job so I am not lumped in with these materialistic bitches"

The Real Housewives of Orange County
Premieres Tuesday, March 21 @ 10/9c

First there was "Peyton Place"...then "Dallas"... and now "Desperate Housewives." America loves those deliciously soapy looks behind the curtains of seemingly perfect worlds. This spring, Bravo will premiere "The Real Housewives of Orange County," a new one-hour docu-series which provides exclusive access to five families who live in one of the wealthiest planned communities in the country. The seven-episode series focuses on five real-life housewives living in a protected Southern California enclave, exposing the excitement, extravagance and everyday drama that exists in their unscripted and unrehearsed lives.

"The Real Housewives of Orange County" will follow five sophisticated women and their families who lead glamorous lives in a picturesque Southern California gated community where the average home has a $1.6 million price tag and residents include CEOs and retired professional athletes. Orange County "housewives" Kimberly, Jeana, Vicki, Lauri and Jo are used to the good life and will do everything they can to hang on to it. The women each have their own personal story to share, and they've granted Bravo an all-access pass into their lives, families, friendships, careers, and homes. From diamond parties to Botox sessions to the stress of having a high-powered career, the women take viewers along for the ride and into their real-life dramas that show how life isn't always perfect behind the gates. Just what lies beneath the surface of this "perfect" community?

The women mostly live the good life, but also represent the modern-day version of the "happy housewife," which today includes juggling the challenges of a stressful career with a busy family life. These women are sexy, sophisticated, and know how to turn heads, set trends, and keep up appearances in one of the most stylish communities in the country.

Kimberly Bryant is 40-something and has two kids with executive husband Scott. She's the classic 'Trophy Wife,' thanks to her plastic surgeon and husband's money, but also incredibly articulate and hard-working.

Jeana Keough is a former Playboy Playmate and actress who is now a 40-something wife of former major league baseball star, Matt Keough. A 19-year resident of her gated community and mother of three teenagers, Jeana also sells real estate "for fun" and the insider gossip.

Vicki Gunvalson is a successful, self-made, 40-something woman to be reckoned with. She's a lucrative insurance broker, devout Christian, and is married for the second time. She also has two teenagers and is feeling the affects of the looming empty-nest ahead as her youngest gets ready to leave for college.

Lauri Waring is 40-something and works as an insurance broker for Vicki Gunvalson. Recently divorced and forced to downsize her lifestyle, Lauri is a single mom with three kids (one just released from juvenile hall), struggling to regain her status in the community.

Jo De La Rosa is the 20-something "newbie" to the community, recently engaged to one of the divorced dads in the community, Slade Smiley. Confident and sexy, Jo is trying to figure out her place in this strange new world.

Its a friggin TRAIN WRECK!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:45:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Key word here CALIFORNIA!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

no.. key word.. HOLLYWOOD

I read somewhere that orange county(yes a small county) would be the 27 strongest economy in the world if it were to be considered its "own country"  that does not happen by people sitting around.. nor is it family money!

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no.. key word.. HOLLYWOODWEIRD

I read somewhere that orange county(yes a small county) would be the 27 strongest economy in the world if it were to be considered its "own country"  that does not happen by people sitting around.. nor is it family money!

Fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:11:24 AM EDT
[#4]
www.accesshollywood.com/television/8166270/detail.html

Jeana balances a successful career, a husband and plenty of spoiled kids!

"I want a new car," said Kara, Jeana's 16-year-old daughter, during the show. "It's broken. I get the hand-me-downs!"

"I'm trying to be a better parent," Jeana told us.

"If she buys me this car today it proves that she loves me," Kara said.

Jeana quickly caves-in, however, buying Kara a $47,000 Beemer to replace her Benz with the broken window button!

Welcome to the privileged life of the "Real Housewives."

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:25:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Growing up Gotti was a real winner too. There was another show following some teen daughters of wealthy families aound on  their weekly party schedule.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Ever see Laguna Beach?  That show was a WINNER.

Spoiled brats fretting about their "piece of shit" BMWs.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no.. key word.. HOLLYWOOD

Oh dont get me wrong. I love Orange county but the image it is taking on with POS shows like this one, like the one Gabby is talking about, "Laguna Beach"  and "The OC" I could do without.

There are MANY industries that are based in OC that are giving to the economy and it is a great place to live.

The image though is what is sucking real bad.

Lets put it this way, the materialistic people here would simply fall to pieces should the SHTF and they be without power, water or cell phone coverage.

VERY spoile dpeople here... and I deal with them EVERY SINGLE DAY.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Starting to understand why the red states pray for tsunamis and earthquakes are you?  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:36:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Starting to understand why the red states pray for tsunamis and earthquakes are you?  

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:41:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Isn't the show filmed in Coto de Caza? I good number of my friends live there but I don't consider them to be snooty, pretty much regular in intelligence folk.

I doubt these women arent' any worse than some of the debutantes who live in Buckhead or Cresskill or Grosse Pointe....
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:43:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So who prayed for the hurricanes?

Thier on the wrong end of the Pacific for that, and in the pacific they are called typhoons.  These things tend to start east and move west, away from Cali..
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't know about hurricanes, but I've asked for The Big One to hit Kali more than once.

Must be a few ARFCOMers over their praying the other way!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I didn’t know California had any dignity left to be embarrassed
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#15]
The phrase "Southern California" and the word "embarrassment" should always be included in the sentence. What a Retard Festival. And yes, I've been there. I have nothing further to add.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#16]
These are housewives that don't do housework, unless by that we mean shopping for clothes and a good plastic surgeon.

Their reality is only common to people that live in multi-million dollar homes in gated communities.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Just another example of how some people in OC have way too much money and free time. I honestly dont know how people afford those houses.  there are not that many doctors and lawyers in the world. The McMansions in coto start at about 1.7Million.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I heard that Orange County CA was the most conservative in the entire nation.

More people voted for GWB in OC than in the entire state of Michigan.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#22]
bunch of bitches!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:21:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I heard that Orange County CA was the most conservative in the entire nation.

I have heard this as well, but if you have any self interest at all, if you have the sort of money that's in Orange County, you HAVE to be conservative.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Just another example of how some people in OC have way too much money and free time. I honestly dont know how people afford those houses.  there are not that many doctors and lawyers in the world. The McMansions in coto start at about 1.7Million.

Well, us plebes have to have SOMEWHERE to ship the rich....
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#25]
TV is a waste of time these days
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#26]
$1.7 million may seem like a lot, but when you have a working couple, both making over $100k a year, it's not unreasonable. Average looking homes in Silicon Valley start at $1.4 million, and they sell in 3 days. And it's often young couples buying their first home. Now, if one spouse gets laid off, they're screwed.

I think the people buying those home in OC are probably wealthier than the couples who buy $1.5 million homes up here. It's likely they are professionals or own a business, and are are making more like $300k a year at the low end.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#27]
There is quite a bit of variability in OC.

Most of the ultra wealthy, like LAC, seem to live between the ocean and the 405, usually the beach cities of Newport, Corona del Mar, Laguna, Dana Point, etc. The plain old wealthy in Irvine, Mission, areas of SJC, San Clemente. The less wealthly live in working class neighborhoods in Westminster, Fullerton, Fountain Valley, Orange. The working class, slowly migrating outside of OC, live in Santa Ana or Anaheim.

I looked at Coto de Caza. Biggest problem for me was the distance from my office in Central OC and the distance from a lot of places that the family and I go on weekends, such as SGV for dim sum, Disneyland in Anaheim, Artesia for indian food, Staples Center, the Grove, heck, even Lytle Creek or Burro Canyon...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:06:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:50:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Just proves that money can't buy everything.

Particularly things that truly matter.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:56:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Orange County, home of B-1 Bob Dornan, Richard Nixon and John Force.
Shall issue county too. Gotta love it!!! Except for little Saigon
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:38:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Train wreck.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:02:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:24:50 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

If I watched television programming any less, I wouldn't be watching it at all.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:30:52 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Got that right....

I have not watched TV in over 6 months...don't miss it either...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:22:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Any parent who caves in to the demands of a 16 year old for a 47,000 dollar car because her MERCEDES has a broken window switch is in need of a swift kick in the hind quarters.

Allowing your children to be spoiled is about the worst thing you can do to them.

There is nothing wrong with providing well for your children and seeking their best. But that doesn't mean spoiling them. It means getting them a good education, teaching them the value of a dollar, teaching them to properly manage money, etc.

This disturbing trend of parents allowing their children to try and imitate the lifestyle of the Hilton sisters must end.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
who live in one of the wealthiest planned communities in the country.

This is as far as I got.

Coto de Caza, right?

You got it!

Just this morning one of the residents of that community called up and the FIRST thing she says is "WHERE ARE MY PARTS?"

My bride says... "Umm, can I have your name please?"

Customer says "It's invoice #XXXXXXX"

My bride then says "NOT the invoice number... Your name?"

Then she huffs and puffs and give us her name... WTF is with these people? They think that because we are a service company, it entitles them to be rude and bossy... give me a break.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Any parent who caves in to the demands of a 16 year old for a 47,000 dollar car because her MERCEDES has a broken window switch is in need of a swift kick in the hind quarters.

Allowing your children to be spoiled is about the worst thing you can do to them.

There is nothing wrong with providing well for your children and seeking their best. But that doesn't mean spoiling them. It means getting them a good education, teaching them the value of a dollar, teaching them to properly manage money, etc.

This disturbing trend of parents allowing their children to try and imitate the lifestyle of the Hilton sisters must end.

Are you kidding? That will NEVER happen as long as shows like this and "The OC" and "Desperate Housewives" are on... that will NEVER happen... although may I join you on this bench where we share the same opinion?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:46:28 AM EDT
[#38]
My first wife was from southerm california...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:16:47 PM EDT
[#39]
The rest of the country has Jerry Springer, we have them.

I'm not sure who loses.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:16:22 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Are you kidding? That will NEVER happen as long as shows like this and "The OC" and "Desperate Housewives" are on... that will NEVER happen... although may I join you on this bench where we share the same opinion?

It is a shame that silly little shows on television have more say in the development of people's ideas than wisdom or common sense.

When more people look to Oprah for life advice than Jesus or George Washington, that can't be a good thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top