Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2001 11:04:19 AM EDT
What is a fair price on one w/ a 100 rd drun?
They reliable and well built?
How long the drums last for?

Any comments appreciated
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 11:52:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Calico made a couple models.  Which one is it?
They are all pretty much a POS.  They are more collectable as a curiosoty, like the Tec-9.  I have both a Tec-9 and a Calico M900.  Both are junk really, but they have that "Assault Weapon" look to them.  I see Calicos going upwards of $800 these days.  if it's a Liberty 50 proabably around $500.
The drums are a bitch to load without the factory mag loader.  if the seller has extra mags and a loader, buy them as well.

So all in all, crappy performing weapon, but a cool addition to your safe.

Link Posted: 8/18/2001 11:09:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Brass hits your feet, trigger sucks, mags are eXpensive as hell, I have a mag loader.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't comment on the 900, but I have a 100S (sporter .22LR rifle, walnut thumbhole stock).  It functions beautifully and fits perfectly -- I have never, ever touched another rifle that nestles into my shoulder like it does.  Now I understand what the trap-and-skeet crowd pay $25,000 to get a custom-fitted Ljutic for.

There's a guy who has an unofficial Calico site (including message board).  I suggest you look over there:
[url]http://pub16.ezboard.com/bgunfaxmessageboards[/url]
[url]http://www.mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/calico.htm[/url]

Also, the official Calico homepage (appears to be down at the moment, may be gone):
[url]http://www.calicolws.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I cant say much about the 9mm eather but I also have a M-100 pre-ban version with folding stock 22 cal. I love the little thing I got 4 100rd drums with it and all of them run without a falure. I can dump 100rds as fast as I can pull the triger and keep them all in a 5 inch group at 50 yards with a red dot sight. In the 22 there in no recoil. Also like said before the Calicos are a great addition to a collection very odd looking gun only gun I own that gets more attention at the range is my SPAS-12. Like I said I cant vouge for the 9mm but I highly recomend the 22 cal.
SCAR
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a 9mm pistol and a preban carbine with collapsable stock... they both function flawlessly.  The mags on both are 50 rounders.  I have never had a problem with them and the last one I bought a few months ago was $50... I got lucky.  You can usually buy them for $125 in good used condition.  

I also have a pair of 22's, again both work perfectly.  Those have the 100 round mags.  I just sold a spare 100 that I had on subguns for $75... It was well used but still fully functional...
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I love Calico's.
My M-900 is as as accurate, or more accurate then my buddies Colt 9mm. It's been perfectly reliable. Never had ANY problem since I've owned it. It's kewl looking and compact. The only things I don't like about it is that Calico Light Weapon System's is now one guys hobby, so parts and accesories are a bitch to get ahold off and mags are super expensive.
Same props go to my .22lr pistol and rifles.

[rail]
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 5:03:05 AM EDT
[#7]
The calico 9mm preban was the worst firearm I have ever owned.  I sold it at a gun show as a parts gun to another guy who couldn't get his to work.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 8:53:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I once shot a machine gun version of the Calico 900 with a 100rd drum with a collapsible stock a la HK.  Emptied the whole 100rd mag without a hitch. It ejects the cases downward, so you don't pelt the guy to right with hot cases.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#9]
while we're on the subject of Calico's does anyone know the difference between a Liberty I and a M-900. They have identical bodies and look identical.
Thanx in advance

[rail]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top