Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2006 6:21:36 AM EDT
Does anyone know if there are parts kits available or semi auto recvrs??????
If you have not shot one, they are quite accurate and now that HK fixed all of them they run really good.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:01:54 AM EDT
[#1]
They run so well  that the SAS, SBS and royal marines use M-16's.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:06:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They run so well  that the SAS, SBS and royal marines use M-16's.

They run pretty good now in the A2 version.  It's mainly for the abilty to add a bunch of gadgets that those groups use it
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:44:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Arty8
Have you ever shot one??? I have crossed trained with both the RM and Para Rgt, both were using them. In Iraq 2003 they both fielded the weapon as well. Having gone to war with the M16A2 and the M4, it still is not the ULTIMATE weapons platform. It is what we have settled for. It is veristile, but certainly not the best option.
SAS never fielded the L1A1 much when it was the battle rifle of the day for the Brits.

The SA 80 is an easy to use and comfortable weapon. Charging it is weird since you have to cross your left hand over it , but it is accurate for its caliber and function.....

Did not mean to start a debate over its status of elite forces and their weapon choices.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:57:10 AM EDT
[#4]
There aren't yet, but as the British Army is gearing up to replace it with (likley) the G-36, I'd expect parts kits to abound in a few years.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Over on ARRSE, there was an ebay link to a chap selling parts. There is some dispute if it is legal, as so few were made available to the civilian population.

The A2's a great rifle. After playing around with it, I prefer it to the M-4 I carried.

NTM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top