BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I had a G17 slam fire on me when I loaded it for carry. I inserted a mag, and dropped the slide. There was gunk in the firing pin channel that held the pin forward. The 147gr CorBon JHP went through my wall, and into my roommate's room, and lodged in the exterior wall. He was in the basement at the time, diectly below my room. He was upstairs and yelling "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?" almost before I had cleared the pistol.

I believe that qualifies as an ACCIDENTAL since it was due to a mechanical malfunction, and not anything negligent that I did.  Wanna Bet?  We lived in the suburbs, but no neighbors heard anything.

I detail stripped the gun, sprayed it down with brake cleaner and degreaser, and thoroughly cleaned it, top to bottom. I removed about eight pounds of crap from the slide structure. (It was a used gun, and I never did a full cleaning on it after I bought it)

No problems after that.

Seems more like negligent than accidental if you look at the red areas doesn't it?

In any case.  I always try to be anal about making sure chambers are clear, I've been surprised by a live round but haven't had a ND or AD YET, trying to keep it that way.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#2]
In addition to personally checking and rechecking that a weapon is clear if you must pull the trigger for any reason the " Be sure of your target and what's beyond" rule applies.I was doing some dry firing with a novice and he thought it would be cool to fire AT me while doing some cheesy ass S.W.A.T rolls(WAY too much T.V.). He couldn't understand why I flipped.Really badly wanted to deck him but it was a good friends nephew.I took the gun away and told him that if he ever pointed a gun at me again he'd better be serious cause I would be. My buddy heard about it and had the kid pull field stone and lay a dry stack stone wall all summer to have alone time to contemplate his stupidity.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:00:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
In addition to personally checking and rechecking that a weapon is clear if you must pull the trigger for any reason the " Be sure of your target and what's beyond" rule applies.I was doing some dry firing with a novice and he thought it would be cool to fire AT me while doing some cheesy ass S.W.A.T rolls(WAY too much T.V.). He couldn't understand why I flipped.Really badly wanted to deck him but it was a good friends nephew.I took the gun away and told him that if he ever pointed a gun at me again he'd better be serious cause I would be. My buddy heard about it and had the kid pull field stone and lay a dry stack stone wall all summer to have alone time to contemplate his stupidity.

WOW! I would have pointed my finger at him in the form of a gun an said..." This one's loaded..." and then proceded with a hard poke in the eye!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Knock on wood I've never had a ND.  But the only pistol I've ever sold went to a life long buddy who I made the mistake of believing knew how to handle it.  He asked me if he could have a few shells for.  I said sure and sent him out with a box of Speer defensive loads that I only had for that gun anyway.  About an hour later he asked me to come over his place and show him how to handle it.  Which I found a little strange so I hopped in the car and drove over there.  Well dipshit had managed to load the gun....... then proceeded to sit at his computer trying to practice quick drawing it from the waste of his pants.........and boom.  One round up through the edge of the stand,  two layers of drywall,  the ceiling,  one edge of a truss,  and lodged in the top of another truss.  He was panicked and too afraid to unload it after that.  It was sitting on table upon arrival.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#5]
My buddy just pointed out this is my " SECOND ND " He just pointed out my wife is pregos AGAIN !
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Glad you are okay.

The two loudest sounds in the world:

A click when you expect a bang, and a bang when you expect a click.

So true, so true.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top