Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2006 5:20:29 PM EDT
We've all heard this on the evening news..........usually after some punk ass thug wannabe pulled a gun on the wrong person.....well, here in Cleveland, Ohio, it was top story on the evening news again......according to the reporter, it went down like this.......

CPD gets a call about an armed robbery in progress at a gas station yesterday, late afternoon.....The gas station is in a not-so-desirable part of town....a couple of zone cars respond.....a total of about  5-6 officers.......they get to the scene just as the punk is coming out of the station......Cops yell to drop the gun.....kid doesn't.....kid levels gun towards officers, and squeezes of one or two rounds......police open up......kid survives, but is in the hospital.....now, five officers are on paid administrative leave, "pending an investigation"......the news station interviews the kid's family, and of course...."MY BABY AINT NEVER HURT NOBODY!"......they crying about how the cops are crooked, the cops are killers, etc, etc....blah, blah, blah  

I am so sick of this.....what are police supposed to do, let themselves get KILLED?.......jeez
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
We've all heard this on the evening news..........usually after some punk ass thug wannabe pulled a gun on the wrong person.....well, here in Cleveland, Ohio, it was top story on the evening news again......according to the reporter, it went down like this.......

CPD gets a call about an armed robbery in progress at a gas station yesterday, late afternoon.....The gas station is in a not-so-desirable part of town....a couple of zone cars respond.....a total of about  5-6 officers.......they get to the scene just as the punk is coming out of the station......Cops yell to drop the gun.....kid doesn't.....kid levels gun towards officers, and squeezes of one or two rounds......police open up......kid survives, but is in the hospital.....now, five officers are on paid administrative leave, "pending an investigation"......the news station interviews the kid's family, and of course...."MY BABY AINT NEVER HURT NOBODY!"......they crying about how the cops are crooked, the cops are killers, etc, etc....blah, blah, blah  

I am so sick of this.....what are police supposed to do, let themselves get KILLED?.......jeez

If you're talking about Cleveland that doesn't really narrow it down
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:26:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good shooting, but there will be riots anyway.....its the nature of the "I know the Po Po done killed my boy" mentallity.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Their "Babies" never hurt anybody, they're always perfect upstanding contributors to society.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:39:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you got a point there.......are you a Steelers fan?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you got a point there.......are you a Steelers fan?

No.

No.

And hell no!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#6]
no the police are not to get themselves killed, However with a little more target practice or practical training the world may have been a safer place.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#7]
This is as stupid as the Phrench rioting for "job security."  

CMOS
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#8]
The family is always going to cry that their angel was killed.

Thats standard procedure.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#9]
What part of Cleveland??
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Even if "Boo"  or "Junbug" was armored up and, blasting thier way out.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Even if "Boo"  or "Junbug" was armored up and, blasting thier way out.

Even then.

We need to ban cops and thier guns because they keep killing our ghetto angles.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Years ago, I saw the same thing on the news in Pittsburgh.  Perp opened fire on the cops and they dropped him.  Mother was wailing "They shot my poooh boy sixteen times!!!"  At the very end of the two+ minute report, it was 'mentioned' that he shot at the police first.  

Some people are permanently stuck on stupid.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What part of Cleveland??

East 79th and Harvard
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
East 79th and Harvard

Art McKoy will be out marching around with his band of cop-bashers any time now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#15]
link?

sounds cut and dry
why would they be put on leave , if they just returned fire
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
link?

sounds cut and dry
why would they be put on leave , if they just returned fire

VERY standard procedure.  It doesn't matter how far in the right an Officer is, they will be placed on Admin. leave until the Grand Jury makes a ruling.  There are numerous reasons for it but it all boils down to liability.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top