Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#1]
the shops around me have signs like that. I have my cwp and  I completely disregard them. Couple of the guys that work at the big shop around  here know I am packing and I know they are(they arent allowed either) so it doesnt bother me.

I have seen some pretty dumb fukkers in gun shops though, so these signs dont surprise me... like the guy who stuck his finger on my eotech's glass, because he didnt believe there was glass there. The bad part was he did it without saying a word to me. I about bitch slapped him...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:03:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not down here they don't.

HH

Not even a single TX gunshop prohibits loaded firearms in thier store?

I haven't been in one yet that prohibits CCW's.  Can't speak for Austin, Dallas or San Antonio, or elsewhere, but I haven't seen one yet.

HH
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a safety issue.

Dumb asses will be shooting holes in the wall, the employees, or the customers.

It has nothing to do with pro/anti gun rights.  Unlike a citizen carrying CCW or whatever out in town, inside a gunstore people tend to handle firearms.  Gun stores attract their share of morons.  The store can't control the fact that idiots come into their store, nor that people will handle firearms, but they can attempt to remind people to not come into the store with loaded weapons.

Some dumb broad put a bullet through the wall at my dad's gun shop.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
    I have a store and range . The sign on the door says " unload all firearms before entering , if police , have badge visable"      .          I've also got scar's in the floor from bullet's in 2 place's  , 3 hole's in my wall from over penatration of a .357 mag during  an attempt . I've had to replace the front door once , and the front wall once  . I've shot 2 men and 1 truck and pistol whipped a guy in 4 years of business .       If you can't understand why we might be a little nervous about your loaded gun , or the pistol tucked into your back pocket , well , sorry about that .
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:40:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
....before entering their store?

Every gunshop I've been in says "NO LOADED FIREARMS BEYOND THIS POINT"

Someone please enlighten me as to why this is.

I don't shop at gun stores with that think like that.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#6]
'Cause compared to us average Joes, they are uber mall ninja tactical folks.  Or haven't you hung out enough at typical gunshops to know that?

It might be that "small penis" thing, too.  Standing behind the counter makes one's unit 3X larger, you know.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
the shops around me have signs like that. I have my cwp and  I completely disregard them. Couple of the guys that work at the big shop around  here know I am packing and I know they are(they arent allowed either) so it doesnt bother me.

I have seen some pretty dumb fukkers in gun shops though, so these signs dont surprise me... like the guy who stuck his finger on my eotech's glass, because he didnt believe there was glass there. The bad part was he did it without saying a word to me. I about bitch slapped him...

Wow, that's funny.  You talk about pretty dumb fuckers in gun stores, then you admit to almost commiting assault because someone touched your battlesight...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I work at a large gunstore. We like guns. I am armed, as are my fellow employees. We encourage our customers to get thier CHL and carry weapons. All we ask is to not point loaded weapons at us, as bad things may happen.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
'Cause compared to us average Joes, they are uber mall ninja tactical folks.  Or haven't you hung out enough at typical gunshops to know that?

It might be that "small penis" thing, too.  Standing behind the counter makes one's unit 3X larger, you know.

Go work in a gunstore sometime, after the first few times a loaded gun is waved in YOUR face see if your dick doesn't shrink a little.

Mine isn't 3X larger, but I do enjoy what I have and would like to keep it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:11:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
    I have a store and range . The sign on the door says " unload all firearms before entering , if police , have badge visable"      .          I've also got scar's in the floor from bullet's in 2 place's  , 3 hole's in my wall from over penatration of a .357 mag during  an attempt . I've had to replace the front door once , and the front wall once  . I've shot 2 men and 1 truck and pistol whipped a guy in 4 years of business .       If you can't understand why we might be a little nervous about your loaded gun , or the pistol tucked into your back pocket , well , sorry about that .

No offense dude  but MOVE or CLOSE

I have been in the bussiness for 10years and have not had a single incident
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:28:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't like it for the "hypocrisy" factor.  We all complain about other private businesses that have "no guns allowed" and get rightfully indignant about it.  But it is OK for gun shops to say the same thing, because some jackass might come in and sweep somebody?  So what happens when those other businesses start saying, "Hey, the gun shops won't let you in with your loaded gun, why the hell should we?"  "Because its different at a gun shop.  People wind up pointing loaded guns at others and accidentally shooting the walls, etc."  I can imagine the other businesses response.  "HOLY SHIT!!  That actually happens?  Then no fucking way am I allowing guns in MY store!  I don't want to get shot or have a gun pointed at me!"

Sure, I understand the whole issue surrounding guns coming in for service/repair/gunsmithing, but I also think that gun shops need far better signs than "No loaded guns past this point."  There have been a few acceptable signs posted here in the thread.  

I tend to ignore the signs at most businesses regarding guns, but when I see one at a gunshop, I don't go there, and I let them know why.  That is unless they have an exclusion for CCW holders.  Then it is fine.  I complained to one shop and they changed their sign.  Of course, I still don't shop there because the guys behind the counter are a bunch of jackasses too.

And if you don't want to deal with these jackasses, choose a different line of work......
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:36:07 PM EDT
[#12]
You hang around here and have to ask why they don't want armed gunowners anywhere near them?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I dont have an issue with it.  If the business owner doesnt want guns in there, its ok with me.  After all, its his business.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:11:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I dont have an issue with it.  If the business owner doesnt want guns in there, its ok with me.  After all, its his business.

Yep.
Especially when you understand the reasons for it.
The dumbass factor is high enough in the regular world - the stakes are raised when you add firearms into the mix.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:49:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
....before entering their store?

Every gunshop I've been in says "NO LOADED FIREARMS BEYOND THIS POINT"

Someone please enlighten me as to why this is.

Because idiots shop there too and they don't know who is who yet.

I can't count the number of times some idiot has handed me a "loaded" weapon to take a look at.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:10:17 AM EDT
[#16]
So, dealers and apologists, to protect yourselves from idiots you forbid the competant and law abiding?

Does that sound familiar to you, somehow?

At least you're in good company.

BTW, my local store encourages the excercizing of our rights....but if you pull out your CCW you'll get screamed or shot. In a perfect world, that's how every shop should be but some gun shop owners are antis in sheeps clothing, they just don't know it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:31:19 AM EDT
[#17]
[nevermind]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:29:45 AM EDT
[#18]
beats me, I dont go to gunshops anymore anyway.   EE, gunshows, internet all work for me
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Why do gun shops want their customers disarmed?

So they don't shoot the DOOR NAZI as they exit!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Heay my gun has been misfiring.... Let me show you......
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Have you ever been to a public range?  The idiocy level is incredible.  It saves the gun shop owners from patching holes in the roof constantly.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Moving would be nice , but hell , I guess they can drive too .   God love you , you havn't been hit . Shop 3 block's over closed after the owner was killed in a daylight  job about 2 years ago . Shop 1 block over , the owner had to shoot a guy about 2 weeks ago .    Last A.D. in here was a couple months ago , guy shot my floor with his "choppa" as he was handing the weapon to his buddy . That was intresting . Last break-in  , was last fall , couple crackheads stole a car and rammed the front wall . Guess they didn't know I have an apartment built into the back of the place . That ended up ok , but I could have done without it  .   I've never had any daytime problems with thieves , just a few people who knew their gun was unloaded .    It's not S.Central here , but it's sure not Mayberry either and our local's got drasticlly reenforced after Katrina  . We allready had all the  thug life we needed , now we got about twice that many .
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Moving would be nice , but hell , I guess they can drive too .   God love you , you havn't been hit . Shop 3 block's over closed after the owner was killed in a daylight  job about 2 years ago . Shop 1 block over , the owner had to shoot a guy about 2 weeks ago .    Last A.D. in here was a couple months ago , guy shot my floor with his "choppa" as he was handing the weapon to his buddy . That was intresting . Last break-in  , was last fall , couple crackheads stole a car and rammed the front wall . Guess they didn't know I have an apartment built into the back of the place . That ended up ok , but I could have done without it  .   I've never had any daytime problems with thieves , just a few people who knew their gun was unloaded .    It's not S.Central here , but it's sure not Mayberry either and our local's got drasticlly reenforced after Katrina  . We allready had all the  thug life we needed , now we got about twice that many .

wow thats pretty messed up

only thing has ever happened to our shop is 3  retards tried to saw thought the tin roof at 4am with a   circular saw , not that that was loud or produces any sparks

they were caught pretty quick

well i hope ya keep safe

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:17:32 PM EDT
[#24]
So, dealers and apologists, to protect yourselves from idiots you forbid the competent and law abiding?

Of course!!! they are the ones that are going to kill you or others.  How would you suggest they winnow out the competent and law abiding at the door ?  That's right, something like that would really piss off the obtuse around here that have conniptions about receipt checkers..
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
So, dealers and apologists, to protect yourselves from idiots you forbid the competent and law abiding?

Of course!!! they are the ones that are going to kill you or others.  How would you suggest they winnow out the competent and law abiding at the door ?  That's right, something like that would really piss off the obtuse around here that have conniptions about receipt checkers..

+1
The competent and law abiding carry concealedand so no one knows. Whats funny is it was the complainers and"experts" who were the ones who were the highest risk. Those were the people I would not trust with a sharp stick. I will honestly say that most of the newbies were not as stupid as some of the folks that should know better. Not saying anyone in this thread is like that, its just an observation after working in a  range/shop for 6 years.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#26]
I hate it when a new CCW guy come into the shop and pulls out his gun and pulls the mag out then goes "Oh shit" then takes the round out of it.  

Yes i do work at the local fun shop.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#27]
BTW, here's a pic of the sign at the local Gander Mountain:

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
BTW, here's a pic of the sign at the local Gander Mountain:

img93.imageshack.us/img93/5549/image0758cg.jpg

Nice.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top