Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2006 3:19:46 PM EDT
OK hive mind, I need a basic 36" TV. Cost is an issue. No frills, just a good image. Flat screen, round screen, trapazoidal screen, it just don't matter.

Price and longevity are what we're looking for here.

OK, fire away.

(And do you know who sells them the cheapest?)
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:26:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 36 inch Sony Wega.
for my preference it is the best out there.
I bought it in '01 so the price may have gone done some
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Sony 36" flat screen, not HD and not a widescreen. The flat screen allows you to view from wider angles, is visible almost anywhere in the room. Grat color great sound, has the WOW effect speakers / sound with a built-in subwoofer. Using a DirecTV w/digital signal the picture is GREAT.
I hate most big screens, the picture is just not clear. I paid $1189 at Sears for mine. Only drawback is it is HEAVY, and is so thick (deep) the screen is about 2 1/2 feet out away from the wall!
Everyone who comes to my house comments on the picture quality. When I saw it on display at Sears I had to have it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I know it's not a 36", but I just got a 32" Sony Wega.  For a tube, non-hi-def TV, I don't think there's anything better.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#4]
i like my RCA cause of all the nice features, but it may be discontinued. .oh yeah Sony is good too
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:04:50 PM EDT
[#5]
For traditional tube TVs, you really can't beat Sony Wegas.

ETA: I can't spell.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want to go Cheap, you might try Wal-Mart.  They have some nice TVs cheap.

Check out Circuit City.  Sometimes they will sell displays for up to 50% off retail markup.

You might also try the newspaper.  Sometimes people sell TVs when they purchase new ones...
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:11:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I know it has been said already, but Sony Wega tubes are the best.

I would get the largest widescreen Sony HDTV tube that you can afford.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:24:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#9]
STAY AWAY FROM JVC, buddy dropped $3000 on one of their units in September, It died in November and it STILL  (March 24) is not repaired.  The local "authorized service" is a joke and JVC has been nothing but confrontational.  He has kept meticulous records of the whole fiasco.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top