Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 2:43:43 PM EDT
I have been taking meds and of all the things that did me in, it looks like ibuprofen 800mg is the culprit.  They led to severe abdominal attacks and I've been eating soup for 3 days.  

What they hell can I eat that is easy to digest, that isn't greasy or spicy?  I can't take another one of these attacks, the best way to describe it is a good shot to the gut on the right side of the abdomen that lasts 3-5 hours.  The pain is pretty intense and I can't even move at a decent pace anymore, have to take it slow.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Jello,pudding,tuna.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#2]
bananas and rice
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:48:27 PM EDT
[#3]
pasta?  White Fish?  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#4]
i recommend fried chicken, sardines, lots of beer and some good chili!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Need to get yourself some Prevacid/Nexium/Zantac/Pepcid before you get an ulcer from the hi dosage of  ibuprofen. Nsaids can quickly lead to gastric problems
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Lamb and rice.  It's what the vet says to give my dog when she's sick.  IAMS has it in a big bag.  Should last you a while.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Take OTC prilosec once a day and take the ibuprofen with food. That should help. Don't take ibuprofen on an empty stomach. It can cause the kind of pain you mentioned.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#8]
If you're not lactose intolerant, plain yogurt is about the healthiest and most stomach-settling thing you can eat.  If the texture bothers you, mix it with hot rice.  Great comfort food.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#9]
If you haven't already done so, see a doctor. I was on heavy doseage of Ibuprofen for several years and ended up with pains that you describe. I developed stomach polyps and the pains turned out to be my Gall Bladder going south on me. I had to have it removed and stopped the ibuprofen. I feel much better and the pains stopped
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#10]
That sucks.

Max
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top