Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2006 12:01:38 PM EDT
Spring Break this week. Took the boys (14 and 9) shooting today. I let them run two mags each through my Glock 17 and Sig 226. They both liked the Sig better and shot the Sig some more.

Sig Wins!

Also Wolf ammo did shoot in both of their Colts AR's but not my Bushy.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#1]
In related news ice cream still tastes better than dirt.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#2]
They are very discriminating young men. They need to experience a Hi Power.

And thanks for answering my question on Bushy/Wolf. I'll save my meagre ammo $.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably a good early sign they'll prefer AR's over AK's.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#4]
They're obviously well-heeled young men.

Never has been a comparison and never will.

HH
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:09:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Well that settles it
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#7]
And now to our next comparison, the 1911 vs. Chuck Norris
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:12:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+

+
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#10]
did they immediatly stick their noses high in the air gain an attitude of superiority?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+

+

+ 1 It's so true......
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm sure they enjoyed not having to throw the Sig down-range after firing a round.

By the way, what is the effective range of a Glock after "the pin is pulled"
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#13]

i love the sig product for the materials and general workmanship. that said, i can't shoot a sig worth a shit. it just doesn't *fit* my hand.

i spent years trying specifically not to buy a glock, but in the end i couldn't deny that it just works for me.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Too funny.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#15]
If I had a dollar for every shot I took with my Glock that DIDNT explode in my hand, I would have enough money to buy several more Glocks. There are other things that I like the looks of more, but I have yet to own anything that is as reliable and easy to shoot as a Glock. Oh, and I have somehow managed not to blow mine up, even though I shoot it regularly. I must be doing something wrong. Everyone keeps saying that Glocks explode if you look at them wrong...all mine ever does is shoot without any mechanical failures...maybe mine is broken
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:26:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
If I had a dollar for every shot I took with my Glock that DIDNT explode in my hand, I would have enough money to buy several more Glocks. There are other things that I like the looks of more, but I have yet to own anything that is as reliable and easy to shoot as a Glock. Oh, and I have somehow managed not to blow mine up, even though I shoot it regularly. I must be doing something wrong. Everyone keeps saying that Glocks explode if you look at them wrong...all mine ever does is shoot without any mechanical failures...maybe mine is broken

you should send it back.

your pistol should never have left the factory.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:30:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

you just need to light the fuse.

it's too bad that glock's KB rate is just about the same as every other major gun manufacturer.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Well... everyone knows that Sig is better than Glock, and everyone knows the Browning Hi-Power is the best 9mm combat handgun out there,  

Good to hear you're statting off the lads on teh right foot!  {S}  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm not that big a fan of the classic sigs

I had a 226 and it failed on me after only 2,500 rounds. the wire connecting the trigger to the hammer/disconnector area snapped during firing. Didn't have many rounds through the gun. That kinda shook me. I mean I understand FTF and FTE as one thing, but something like that isn't exactly a simple thing you can fix with one or two movements of your wrist and hands.

Kinda has me on edge at the moment.

Currently own a glock that's jammed on me once, but I still see it as better than the sig's problem.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Spring Break this week. Took the boys (14 and 9) shooting today. I let them run two mags each through my Glock 17 and Sig 226. They both liked the Sig better and shot the Sig some more.

Sig Wins!

Very smart young men you have there.  P226 is a Cadillac.  
But I gotta be honest,  I also love my Combat Tupperware!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Sig Wins!

Thank you!

I'll be sure to consult the children of Alabama the next time I need to make important decisions on which handgun to buy!

Do they happen to have any hot stock tips?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#23]
While I don't consider Glocks as bad, IMHO Sigs are clearly the superior handgun on the market.  The problem is they look so damn nice I hate to use them.  They fit me like a glove though and shoot nice tight groups.  Far better than the Glocks I have shot.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Just wait until they try a 1911
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Just wait until they try a 1911

Sig makes those too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Sig Wins!

Also Wolf ammo did shoot in both of their Colts AR's but not my Bushy.

Glocks and SIGS are both decent guns but if I have to choose, I'll take the SIG...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top