Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 10:24:32 AM EDT
  Ok Folks.  I have been a lurker here for far too long without contributing anything to the community.  I became hooked on this site with the 9/11 threads and have since become a 5th degree sufferer of EBR disease.  
   It turns out that I am in LA this week for business and saw a small scale "demonstration" of local "students" waving mexican flags.  I didnt know what it was about untill I got back to the hotel and turned on the news.  Apparently they are protesting the immigration bill that has passed the House and is now to move on to the Senate.  Arfcom is generally very quick to pounce on these things and I have to say that I am suprised that there has not been any commentary yet.  Hence my post.  
    I found a couple video links on CNN covering these events, but that is about it.  To me, these domonstrations are nothing more than arguments for sepratism.  The protesters argument: "the immigration reform will unfairly discriminate against illigals".  Did you get that...  "disriminate against illigals"!  Maybe I am not intelligent enough to understand how going after "illigals" is a bad thing.  Personally, I wouldnt care if they were from Mars.  If they are here illigaly they have no recourse to our system of governance, bill of rights, social welfare programs, etc..  What possible greivance can they rightfully have when they have basically stolen the "right" to assemble, the right to address govt. for greivance, etc.   On top of this, the protesters seem to be openly pushing for sepratism with all of their waving of Mexican flags.   These protesters do not, and probably never did, want to become American citizens.  What they seem to want is all of the benifit of living in a free and prosperous society without any of the responsibility and obligation that comes with it.    
    I apologize for this lenglthy rant on my first post here at Arfcom.   I just had to get this off my chest before I go out into this wonderfull American, er, azatlan city, to do my work.  BTW, this is the best site on the net!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:29:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Was it Aztlan or La Raza? Both groups want Mexico to take Kalifornia back. Of course the "San Angeles" area has already become just another Tiajuana 'hood.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably the reason that no one has brought it up is because this stuff happens continually.

The Invasion is no longer news; it has been ongoing for quite some time.  The Federal and State government's lack of response to it is the only thing that remains newsworthy.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I love illegal aliens undocumented migrants.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#4]
As soon as I saw LA and Phoenix in the title, I knew it was about those damn Mexicans.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I wouldnt know who was organizing the demonstrations.   Either one of those would make perfect sense.  
I havn't been to LA for about 15 years.  Most of it feels like Mexico now.  Unbelievable to me.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:48:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I love illegal aliens undocumented migrants.

We know, you can spot one from car lengths away!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Aztlan or La Raza?

I'll take mexican nazi's for 500 Alex
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#8]
What 9/11 threads?
They all get deleted anytime someone starts to sway opinion or supports thier doubts with documented facts.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Welcome!

HH
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:55:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What 9/11 threads?
They all get deleted anytime someone starts to sway opinion or supports thier doubts with documented facts.

The 9/11 threads that erupted upon the occurance.  Like in Sepember/October 2001.  And yes, they often got/get deleted as peoples emotions get the best of them.

Thank you for the welcome HH.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#11]
come to Houston.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#12]
What's the HH?
And what's in Houston?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
come to Houston. hinking.gif

Que'?  
(I am practicing for the inevitable transition to Spanish only)

I will be in Dallas in July, should I look forward to more of the same?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:36:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
come to Houston.

Que'?  

not as bad as houston, but give it a few years.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
come to Houston.

Que'?  

not as bad as houston, but give it a few years.

Yo chulo la muertas tias.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#16]
I passed by the fringes of it on my way through Phx today, I couldn't help but to roll my window down and give them my opinions on their little march, included were some words that most assuredly would get me banned on pro illegal alien undocumented worker websites.

Either the government does something about this or the people will.  And if the people have to do it I'll bet $20 that it starts in Arizona.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:06:34 PM EDT
[#18]
The local radio news now estimates the crowd to be close to 10,000 in Phoenix.  

Makes me wonder.  

They can mobilize a protest of that size for "immigration" issues.  

What is the largest protest you've seen for gun rights, RKBA, etc.?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
come to Houston.

No, don't come to Houston.

We got double slammed w/ illegals and now with the Katrina refugees
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:25:38 PM EDT
[#20]

And GabRanch, good first post. I agree with you 100%. Welcome to the board. hank
So I went to do my work today and was somewhat insulated from the third world nonsense.   I apologize for the crassness of that but I have to say, Third World, or maybe more appropriately, feudal, is exactly what it appears to be.  I say feudal because there is definitely an upper crust of people here with more money than chuck, and less basic human respect than Paris Hilton at a tractor pull.  The monied people seem to go through life with the belief that the ubermenchen exist to provide them with comfort and an unwavering humble servitude.    

I guess, for me, it comes down to this.  How long can a society continue to exist when a sizeable portion of its inhabitants are unabashedly trying to tear that society down?

What ever happened to simple dignity, honoring the institutions and traditions that enable your prosperity, and working to better yourself, your family, and your communities?

I know I am living in the past with these sentiments, but I believe that such things that were once reality could and can be again.  Things are going to get a whole lot worse before they get any better.  Thanks for listening.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:29:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
  Ok Folks.  I have been a lurker here for far too long without contributing anything to the community.  I became hooked on this site with the 9/11 threads and have since become a 5th degree sufferer of EBR disease.  
   It turns out that I am in LA this week for business and saw a small scale "demonstration" of local "students" waving mexican flags.  I didnt know what it was about untill I got back to the hotel and turned on the news.  Apparently they are protesting the immigration bill that has passed the House and is now to move on to the Senate.  Arfcom is generally very quick to pounce on these things and I have to say that I am suprised that there has not been any commentary yet.  Hence my post.  
    I found a couple video links on CNN covering these events, but that is about it.  To me, these domonstrations are nothing more than arguments for sepratism.  The protesters argument: "the immigration reform will unfairly discriminate against illigals".  Did you get that...  "disriminate against illigals"!  Maybe I am not intelligent enough to understand how going after "illigals" is a bad thing.  Personally, I wouldnt care if they were from Mars.  If they are here illigaly they have no recourse to our system of governance, bill of rights, social welfare programs, etc..  What possible greivance can they rightfully have when they have basically stolen the "right" to assemble, the right to address govt. for greivance, etc.   On top of this, the protesters seem to be openly pushing for sepratism with all of their waving of Mexican flags.   These protesters do not, and probably never did, want to become American citizens.  What they seem to want is all of the benifit of living in a free and prosperous society without any of the responsibility and obligation that comes with it.    
    I apologize for this lenglthy rant on my first post here at Arfcom.   I just had to get this off my chest before I go out into this wonderfull American, er, azatlan city, to do my work.  BTW, this is the best site on the net!

There are numerous threads on this.

The reason why going after "illigals" is bad is because the Hispanic community (or at least it's leaders and active participants) has chosen to attach their cultural identity to illegal immigrants. So therefore, if you're against illegal immigration and try to pass laws that strengthen the penalty for illegal immigration, you're automatically anti-Hispanic. See how neat and tidy that works out?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top