Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:00:51 AM EDT
[#1]
You had to start another thread about this guy, in GD no less?

Try reading the feedback forum and make your own decision from the multi-page thread running there.

Unbelievable!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Sounds like a raw deal on the SKS purchase but I've had nothing but good experience with ammo purchases.

Shok
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Once this discussion starts making Ammoman sound like a crook, he'll bitch to the mods and have it locked, just like the other "Ammoman ripped me off" threads.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:21:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never had a problem and will order again.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I have not ordered from Ammoman for several years but my orders (back then) were filled promptly and everything was as-advertised.

That SKS thread isn't doing much for his rep in my book.  

Then again, I live 20 mins from his warehouse so if I gotta buy anything, I can just drive over there and pick it up.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I and other friends have bought 1000's of rounds from him and all of it was delivered very quickly and was exactly what we ordered.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:09:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I dealt with him or one of his associates at a gun show recently.  (I don't know what he looks like).  I had a few questions which were answered like I was retarted.  Then, I asked him if he could  break a case and the answer was "no."  Being it was late Sunday, I asked him about the already broken display case on the counter and I got the "What don't you understand about NO speach"  You can't  treat you customers like shit and expect their business.  I think he needs to get laid.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Once this discussion starts making Ammoman sound like a crook, he'll bitch to the mods and have it locked, just like the other "Ammoman ripped me off" threads.

Show me where this has happened.

He might be thinking of this thread:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=437606&page=22

There is no evidence to indicate that it was locked at Eric's request.  Thebeekeeper1 said that he locked it because he considered it to be a waste of bandwidth.  However, it was locked and Eric was given the power to have it unlocked or left locked at his discretion.

This one locked thread does not equal "he'll bitch to the mods and have it locked, just like the other 'Ammoman ripped me off' threads," but it might be where kingfish got his idea.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Show me where this has happened.

He might be thinking of this thread:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=437606&page=22

There is no evidence to indicate that it was locked at Eric's request.  Thebeekeeper1 said that he locked it because he considered it to be a waste of bandwidth.  However, it was locked and Eric was given the power to have it unlocked or left locked at his discretion.

Thanks,  I was looking for that thread.
This one locked thread does not equal "he'll bitch to the mods and have it locked, just like the other 'Ammoman ripped me off' threads," but it might be where kingfish got his idea.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#11]
In the past I've ordered probably 10-15k rds from him and never had a problem. Note that this was 1-2 years ago. I didn't use the website (since the site doesn't look particularly robust I didn't figure this was the best way to order) but instead picked up the phone.

He was actually pretty pleasant on the phone and we joked around a little, no problems whatsoever with my order or the timeliness of it. Prices weren't the absolute lowest but I didn't mind supporting him with a few bucks more. This was in the cheap SA M193 battlepack era and I was very happy with the purchase.

Then later I ordered some of the whiteboxed Federal XM193 in Lake City brass, again no problems whatsoever. Decent deal, great ammo.

But the last stuff I ordered was the XM193 'loose/bulk' pack which then turned out to be the PD where I bought about 4000 rds the first time. When ordering I didn't realize it was dented, pull-down stuff until it showed up at the door.
It shot fine but you really had to keep an eye out for bullets that were seated too deeply in the case or heavily dented  in the neck area. Frankly this was not the quality of ammo that I felt was being advertised or what I paid for.

I didn't bother wasting his time with calling to bitch about it since it wasn't that big of a deal to me to throw away 5% of the batch but but I haven't ordered from him since then.

That said, yes I'd order from him again if the price/value was right for something that I was REALLY looking for. But I'd DAMNED sure do it on the phone and not via email or their website.

YMMV

-Observer
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#13]
0 problems with all my orders

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:19:20 PM EDT
[#14]
no problems from him on my orders
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#15]
No problems here.  Used him a few times.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:38:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Never had any poblems with my orders.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#17]
NOT!  His prices are more than double what he buys his ammo for.  For example, I've purchased Korean 3006 from my local guy for $35/400.  Ammoman charged $75 when he had it.  I buy American Eagle 55gr 223 for $120 from my guy, ammoman charged $220 when he had it.  Keep in mind, my guy is still making a profit on me.

His whole, "shipping included" also rips you off for at least $20 per shipment if you live anywhere close to NJ.

And personally, his attitude sucks sweaty monkey balls.  For a public that has made him RICH.  And I mean RICH, he should have refunded the money when someone bought that "Vietnam bring back" that was absolutely NOT a bring back.  That turned him from high seas crook to a scam artist.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:51:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought from him for the first time a few weeks ago and did not have any problems
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
NOT!  His prices are more than double what he buys his ammo for.  For example, I've purchased Korean 3006 from my local guy for $35/400.  Ammoman charged $75 when he had it.  I buy American Eagle 55gr 223 for $120 from my guy, ammoman charged $220 when he had it.  Keep in mind, my guy is still making a profit on me.

His whole, "shipping included" also rips you off for at least $20 per shipment if you live anywhere close to NJ.

And personally, his attitude sucks sweaty monkey balls.  For a public that has made him RICH.  And I mean RICH, he should have refunded the money when someone bought that "Vietnam bring back" that was absolutely NOT a bring back.  That turned him from high seas crook to a scam artist.

Those prices are foolish. They are so far out of line with anything I have seen I would have to buy some and get that pricing before I would believe them. The Korean ammo has to be KA corrosive to be anywhere that price. And even that is priced about $20.00 low.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:12:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Before you guys take sides, let me mention one thing: The difference between being a happy customer and being an unhappy one is ONE  BAD DEAL. It says alot to me that their is a LACK of customer service AFTER the sale. Just because it hasn't happened to you, Doesan't mean it will, BUT it also means it MAY.

Im thinking twice about dealing with him and have purchased ammo for years.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#21]
I haven't had any problems with him.  I ordered a case of XM193 on a wednesday and got it by that friday.

If you live in NJ or close to it, he sometimes has out the door specials.  Especially with 8mm and 7.62x54R ammo in wooden crates.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:33:55 PM EDT
[#22]

WOW!  I was looking at his site a couple of days ago and was going to order a couple of cases of ammo for the SEBR.  If I don't find some at Market Hall tomorrow, where would I find the best deal on some good SHTF 68 gr. rounds and what would y'all suggest getting?  ( I've been reading in the survival forum lately and figure, better prepared than not..)  I'm glad I read this thread and the feedback on Ammoman.  Just not a feller I want to support in ANY way.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Buy with confidence

Always treated me fine, and I will buy from him again

+1
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:00:25 PM EDT
[#24]
If we are bitching about a G Damn Viet Nam bring back SKS for a measly $375 that someone was disappointed in thats one thing

But AMMOMAN sells f-ing AMMO (and mags)

Bullcrap to stomp a business for one disagreement over a firearm that was advertised as "all firearms final"

Want curios? Get them face-to-face to be sure or risk what happened

of course YMMV

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:05:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
If we are bitching about a G Damn Viet Nam bring back SKS for a measly $375 that someone was disappointed in thats one thing

Bullcrap to stomp a business for one disagreement over a firearm that was advertised as "all firearms final"

of course YMMV

So it's the buyer's fault for being suckered by a dishonest gun dealer?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#26]

of course YMMV

You gotta be fucking kidding me? Please tell me you were drunk and did not mean to post this?!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those prices are foolish. They are so far out of line with anything I have seen I would have to buy some and get that pricing before I would believe them. The Korean ammo has to be KA corrosive to be anywhere that price. And even that is priced about $20.00 low.

I can give the name of 4 board members who have purchased at that price.  Willing to put some money on it?  This is the price that DEALERS pay.  They then turn around and gouge the shit out of us.  Ammoman buys in such bulk that he can get these prices, then turn around and fleece us.

And no, it was the 400 round can, non corrosive stuff.  I checked the lot number when I bought it.

SO, you want to put down money and I'll give you the names?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

of course YMMV

You gotta be fucking kidding me? Please tell me you were drunk and did not mean to post this?!

Sandman67,  being drunk could not explain the stupidity displayed in the post you quoted.  I'd guess genetics as the contributing factor.

I have ordered from ammoman one time years ago, it went fine.  But the free (figured in to every seperate lot of ammo) shipping is easy to beat.  I've shopped elsewhere for years.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:39:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Damn Chapper...you really know how to stir up shit..

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#30]
I won't buy from him again.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
AMMOMAN KNOCKED UP MY SISTER AND ATE MY DOG THEN HE PISSED ON MY COUCH!!!

j/k the only dealings i've had with him have been great.

She didn't tell me you were her brother when I dated her!

Seriously, ordered from him three or four times before Illinois became a problematic state to ship ammo to (thanks to our anti-gun atty. gen.).  No problems and one time he gave me good advice about not buying one el-cheapo .308 brand when I didn't know any better.  Turns out his advice was right on!  This was probably six or eight years ago IIRC.

John
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

of course YMMV

Gotta call bullshit on you.

The ad was a lie. The customer is supposed to know, sight unseen, that the dealer is LYING to him? Bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:04:21 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
What was the deal with the SKS?

Here:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=109&t=335943

Would you buy something like this from a picture on the internet without asking a single question first?

I certainly would not,  even if Christ himself was the dealer.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:38:22 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here:

Would you buy something like this from a picture on the internet without asking a single question first?

Dude, we do it all the time....Ebay, even here on the EE.  I have sold $1200  guns with out so much as a question being asked by the buyer.  There was a description posted of the SKS, it was described as a Bring BAck, and I am sure as fuck that, if asked, they woulda said "Yea, its a bring back" and went from there.  Not everyone collects these or knows the routine or knows what to ask about a fooking bring back.  This is the type of gunshow bullshit that is meant to dupe unsuspecting people into buying overpriced shit.  This is just like the fucktards that were selling 7.62x39 for $2 a round and saying that it was AP because a magnet stuck to it, never most all 7.62x39 has a copper washed steel jacket.

What kind of precedent does this set?  What if he sent out wolf instead of xm193?  The pic and description was of 193, and he had sent out Wolf, would you still  be saying Pfinac was a dumbass?  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:43:11 AM EDT
[#35]
No poll?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:01:49 AM EDT
[#36]
I never had a problem with Ammoman.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:13:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:18:41 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here:

Dude, we do it all the time....Ebay, even here on the EE.  I have sold $1200  guns with out so much as a question being asked by the buyer.  There was a description posted of the SKS, it was described as a Bring BAck, and I am sure as fuck that, if asked, they woulda said "Yea, its a bring back" and went from there.  Not everyone collects these or knows the routine or knows what to ask about a fooking bring back.  This is the type of gunshow bullshit that is meant to dupe unsuspecting people into buying overpriced shit.  This is just like the fucktards that were selling 7.62x39 for $2 a round and saying that it was AP because a magnet stuck to it, never most all 7.62x39 has a copper washed steel jacket.

What kind of precedent does this set?  What if he sent out wolf instead of xm193?  The pic and description was of 193, and he had sent out Wolf, would you still  be saying Pfinac was a dumbass?  

You sure assume a lot. And I never said Pfinac was a "dumbass", dumbass.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:35:28 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here:

You sure assume a lot. And I am a cocksmoker and never said Pfinac was a "dumbass", dumbass.

How eloquent of you.  How about answering the question.  You certainly think it was stupid of him not to ask questions....would it have mattered if it was ammunition?  Shit, I guess we should all take advantage of the uninformed, huh?  

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:42:27 AM EDT
[#40]
I've bought ammo from him three times, no problems, and it was a good price.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:52:50 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Personal experience - 0 problems so far. I buy with confidence.

+1  I have never had a problem.  Infact ammoman has gone above and beyond the call last time i purchased from him.  

Its gonna take more than this to make me spend elsewhere.  Granted he probably wouldnt notice if i did or didnt spend there since i dont spend more than $300.00 every 6 months (if that).  Everytime I have delt with him, its been great.  Seems he tried to make it right by trying to offer $100.00 voucher.  

hell i'd take my damn voucher and use it on the ammo for the gun i purchased.  call it a good find add it to the collection and move on.     But hey to each their own
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:49:48 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can give the name of 4 board members who have purchased at that price.  Willing to put some money on it?  This is the price that DEALERS pay.  They then turn around and gouge the shit out of us.  Ammoman buys in such bulk that he can get these prices, then turn around and fleece us.

And no, it was the 400 round can, non corrosive stuff.  I checked the lot number when I bought it.

SO, you want to put down money and I'll give you the names?

So your guy buys ammo for $35.00 and sells it at $35.00, he won't be in business long.

And what I was saying was that prices for PS ammo were right around $60 to $80 from just about everybody. AE is not sold by any dealer who wants to stay in biz for $120 per K unless he's a friend and you are getting the "friend rate".

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:03:48 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here:

It doesn't negate the theft. If I'd paid you for that knife I recently purchased from you and you sent me a "lightning D/A OTF microtech clone" instead of the makora....would I be stupid? Maybe, or maybe I don't know that much about knives and trusted you because of your reputation on this board.

But you'd definitely be a crook, and no amount of justifications would excuse it.

It may have been a foolish buy, but I've yet to meet a scam artist who preys on the intelligent or informed. He was purposely seeking to scam someone who wouldn't know better and got caught...IMO. Even if you do know better, anybody can get caught slipping.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:15:41 AM EDT
[#44]
personal attacks
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top