Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
If they are really having slower sales, they should go back to the sugar rather than the high fructose corn syrup.  That alone would boost their sales.  I know I'd buy a lot more of it than I do now.  But alas, they've been told that time and time again but they won't listen.

my local HEB sells mexican coe made with cane sugar.  if i buy coke at all, i buy that stuff.  the difference is amazing.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't really care for coca-cola anyway. Pepsi all the way!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:10:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've got one bottle left out of a 4 pack. At first I didn't like it at all, then after a few drinks, it wasn't too bad. I didn't want to let it go to waste, so I drank a couple more and will probably finish the last one off today. I won't buy it again though.

The thing I don't understand, is why did they put aspertame in it? It's already got high fructose corn syrup in it, why would it need the nutra sweet? If it didn't have that in it, it probably wouldn't be half bad. I hate nutra sweet and can taste it instantly and can even smell it.

I was wondering that same thing....

BTW, I have 3 bottles left out of the 4-pack. If anyone wants 'em, they'll be in my trash.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#4]
The cola companies are losing market share to the energy drinks (Red Bull, Rockstar, etc) It seems that caffeine isn't enough anymore.

I expect we will see more "extreme" colas in the future.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:15:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I love regular Coca Cola.

If I want cherry coke I will buy Marchino (sp.) Cherries with syurp and make my own cherry coke.

I like Mexican Coke better than American Coke.

All this canned Cherry, Vanilla, and Coffe Coke is blashpamey.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Sucky sucky.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#7]
the cost of cane sugar versus corn is probably only a penny or two a can difference.  Not so certain what the difference in shelf life is.  Have heard American Kosher coke (cane sugar/beet sugar coke) has only a 6 month shelf life.  So while production costs will not hurt much, there might be a "shrinkage" issue that would hurt proffitablilty as well.

I think they should reintroduce cane coke - at least as an option.  I know I would pay an extra $1 per six pack for it.  That said, the only coke I am currently drinking is splenda coke - it is closest to cane coke imho.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If they are really having slower sales, they should go back to the sugar rather than the high fructose corn syrup.  That alone would boost their sales.  I know I'd buy a lot more of it than I do now.  But alas, they've been told that time and time again but they won't listen.

my local HEB sells mexican coe made with cane sugar.  if i buy coke at all, i buy that stuff.  the difference is amazing.

My daughter loves that stuff as well... when BevMo carries it we get a few.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I should think that after their 23rd birthday, most men lose their taste for sugar water.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:24:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I should think that after their 23rd birthday, most men lose their taste for sugar water.

STFU
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:35:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't think soda sales are dropping, they're just trying to tap into new markets.  They're making more money off energy drinks right now than anything else IIRC,

I work for Coke and we just got the Blak stuff a week or two ago.  I don't drink coffee or caffeine so I'm not going to try it.

Grape Powerade is what I'm excited about.  Mmmm.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:44:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Nope - DC or Coke Zero for me.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Am I correct in assuming that the syrup is much cheaper?

Lobbyists for the corn industry got Congress to pass tariffs on sugar imports so that corn syrup would be cheaper.  Screwed us all over.

The US having to import sugar while paying domestic subsidies to prop up prices artificially high is what has helped screw America.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:46:04 PM EDT
[#14]
If I see it somewhere I will probably try it atleast once, but I dont think it will last.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah the HEBs around here are carrying them in the glass bottles. I pick up a few whenever I go grocery shopping.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:55:56 PM EDT
[#16]
They were giving out samples at Kroger yesterday. It's not bad, I might drink one every now and then. I think Coke and Kahlua's better.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:58:21 PM EDT
[#17]
oh... not the discussion I thought it was.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll only drink Coke as a last resort. I've always wondered how in the hell they get THAT MUCH carbonation in a fluid ...

Try pouring room temp Coke over a glass of ice...you get 1/10 Coke and 9/10 fizz that doesn't go down until you're eligible for Social Security.
I've had food go cold before before I got a full glass of Coke poured.

Then comes the after-dinner bloat with the kids begging me to belch the alphabet.

And of course, we can't leave out that lovely "Vicks 44 cough syrup" after-taste.

But I'll say this...I'd drink a gallon of hot Coke before I ever put another one of those gawdawful grape Mountain Dews to my lips.....now that shit sucks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#19]
I tried it yesterday.  

This stuff is terrible.  Coke by itself is OK (I prefer Dr. Pepper), and I love coffee, but this shit is disgusting.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#20]
The name is also the dry-heave vomit like sound that I made when I first heard about it.

BLAAAAK
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top