Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 8:16:20 PM EDT
first it was "The King" that freak. Now it is "Big Buckin Chickin." What are these guys on?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:17:06 PM EDT
some pretty fucked up shit if you ask me
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:20:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FordGuy:
first it was "The King" that freak. Now it is "Big Buckin Chickin." What are these guys on?

Whatever it is, it's truly a marketer's wet dream. When they can get a bunch of internet gun nuts to start endless threads about the commercials, they are creating a metric assload of "buzz", and thats what sells big fbuckin chicken sammiches.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:20:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Napoleon_Tanerite:

No fuckin shit,

The end of the commercial, sounds like Fuckin chicken not Buckin chicken.

They need to wipe the slate clean and start the fuck over. Has anyone seen a McDonalds commercial lately because I haven't
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:21:53 PM EDT
Don't forget about their commercials when they were promoting their chicken fries. 'chicks love the cock"
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:22:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LArifleMAN:

No fuckin shit,

They need to wipe the slate clean and start the fuck over. Has anyone seen remembered a McDonalds commercial lately because I haven't

My point exactly.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:24:07 PM EDT
Advertising is all about the buzz.

Buckin chicken.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:24:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Chairborne:

Whatever it is, it's truly a marketer's wet dream. When they can get a bunch of internet gun nuts to start endless threads about the commercials, they are creating a metric assload of "buzz", and thats what sells big fbuckin chicken sammiches.

Good point.

So who on here works in Burger Kings marketing dept? Because you know it took a really fucked up individual to come up with that "King" character!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:25:23 PM EDT

No fuckin shit,

They need to wipe the slate clean and start the fuck over. Has anyone seen a McDonalds commercial lately because I haven't

last i saw McD was appealing to the urban crowd as a last desperate attempt to stay relevant
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:28:51 PM EDT

No fuckin shit,

last i saw McD was appealing to the urban crowd as a last desperate attempt to stay relevant

Maybe BK is feeling the heat from Mickey D's?

I know that I personally prefer the artery clogging goodnes of McDonalds over the Satan's spawn at BK.

Thats just me though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:28:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Brians_45:

Good point.

So who on here works in Burger Kings marketing dept? Because you know it took a really fucked up individual to come up with that "King" character!

Ain't that the truth, that "wake up with the King" one where he was in the dude's BED would have had me shitting bricks and spraying 230 grain hollow points! I have no idea how they come up with that disturbing shit, but it works.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:29:43 PM EDT
i prefer Wendy's to both of them.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:34:23 PM EDT

Good point.

Ain't that the truth, that "wake up with the King" one where he was in the dude's BED would have had me shitting bricks and spraying 230 grain hollow points! I have no idea how they come up with that disturbing shit, but it works.

UH, NO, it doesn't work. I created this thread and I was a occasional BK customer before the "King" ads, and I haven't spent a dime there since the ads came out. Maybe a true test would be to look at their quarterly profits (maybe) but if you use me as an example, the ads have NOT been effective.

We talk abou teh ROP on the internet too, but ain't nobody converting! Ha!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:35:22 PM EDT
i dunno, but I start cracking up when the sing the bucking chicken song...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:36:25 PM EDT

Has anyone seen a McDonalds commercial lately because I haven't

They don't need to, BK's commercials are sending people their way.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:39:29 PM EDT
Based on the thread title I thought you were going to give us a rant about....

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:45:06 PM EDT

Exactly...it's hilarious!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:46:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dsg2003gt:
i dunno, but I start cracking throwing up when the sing the bucking chicken song...

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:57:26 PM EDT

Good point.

That was EXACTLY my take on the whole deal. Hell, I was ready to "Pull An Elvis" and shoot the TV when I saw that.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:59:24 PM EDT
These are almost as good as the Quiznos singing rats. "they got a pepper bar"
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:59:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:01:23 PM EDT
This thread begs the question:

What round for the Burger King?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:04:12 PM EDT
<-------------------Carl's Junior Junkie.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:06:29 PM EDT

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:41:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:48:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/23/2006 9:50:33 PM EDT by OBird]

Originally Posted By Jetlag:
These are almost as good as the Quiznos singing rats. "they got a pepper bar"

Hey, the Quiznos singing pirate hamsters were awesome.

Burger King's commercials are so bad they make me not want to spend money there. So are McDonald's, Old Navy's, Target's, and that insane lunatic with the suit covered with question marks that screams for thirty seconds about you buying his book to get you free money from the government.

Oh, and Arby's commercials were offensively stupid unitl they ditched the oven mit. I don't remember even seeing any since then.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:49:57 PM EDT

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<­BR>
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:51:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:56:49 PM EDT
What about that Applebee's commercial that starts "Let's grab some tail .... some tail of some shrimp"
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:05:28 PM EDT
Talking about an ad does not translate into sales. There is such a thing as negative advertising.
Top Top