Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2006 3:35:08 PM EDT
Ok, so a few weeks ago I got some rashes on both my feet/ankles, but thought nothing of them for a week or so. I put some kind of medicated powder and they have been drying up and fading. Today I had a headache all day long and was feeling "drowsy and less responsive" as its mentioned as a symptom.

Is it possible that the rash is just from the leather work boots I've been wearing (that are loose and slide around on my feet), and the headache and drowsy feeling from only sleeping a few hours a night and working (HARD) around 12 hours a day?

Wondering cause its going around in the area right now.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard of a rash being a direct symptom of meningitis.

ETA: Get some sleep, and see if you feel better.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#2]
and I thought I was a hypochondriac  
If you still feel like that in the morning then go to the MD.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quick, send all your guns to me!

In all seriousness, hope you feel better soon.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#4]

lol, I like to assign random diseases to people with health problems over the internet
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#5]
If you get a MAJOR headache from hell and CANNOT touch your chin to your chest or tilt your head back very far to look at the ceiling, possibility you will also puke up BILE which is green and taste like nothing you have ever experienced GO SEE THE DOCTOR ASAP.

This is not a joke
I had Viral Menengitis in junior high.
Good Luck and I really hope you just have a bug.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#6]
It can kill in a few days.  I suggest you see a doctor if you have any suspicion.  The symptoms are often flu-like I believe.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.playingsafely.co.uk/img/diseases/its_2.jpg

lol, I like to assign random diseases to people with health problems over the internet

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.meningitis.org/ Says rashes are a symptom.

And as mentioned the neck bending and vomiting are also listed there. Im going to tell my boss im not coming to work at 6am tomorrow.

Hopefully its just exaustion. Working 7 days a week for months at a time all day long and sometimes only sleeping 2-3 hours a night.

Last summer I was working around 14 hours a day and it was hot as hell and I got sick, it was sorta like the flu, puking. Also had a headache from hell and slight dizzyness.

I drank two bottles of Nyquil and slept for 3 days without waking up, spent the forth napping and watched 6 or 7 movies and I was fine.

Looks like im going to spend the next few days sleeping. If I dont wake up I guess it was meningitis.

And no my guns are going to my Dad
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:02:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I almost died from bacterial meningitis; 10 days in the hospital.  If you have it, you'll know.  You will be sicker than you can possibly imagine; I was hallucinating and out of my head.  It's flu-like symptoms, super high fever, and YOU CAN"T TOUCH YOUR CHIN TO YOUR CHEST.  That's the teller; if your neck gets really stiff and you've got "the flu", get your ass to a hospital ASAP.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:40:54 PM EDT
[#10]
The rash on your feet may be a late symptom of strep.  If you have had a case of step that went untreated in can turn into scarlet fever and cause the rash.  I second the reply that if you cannot touch you chin to your chest, get your ass to the doctor.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#11]
dude, not sleeping well for days on end, working 7 days a week getting 2 to 3 hours of sleep a night?

I am not a doctor, but I would say that you have an old fashioned headache from not sleeping well......

I have General Anxiety disorder, I take an anti-depressant for it, and even I am not that much of a hypochrondiac.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The rash on your feet may be a late symptom of strep.  If you have had a case of step that went untreated in can turn into scarlet fever and cause the rash.  I second the reply that if you cannot touch you chin to your chest, get your ass to the doctor.

I had scarlet fever once, they had to give me a penicillin shot in the ass with a huge needle.  It was terrifying!  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:11:03 AM EDT
[#13]
i had bacterial menegitis also
what a motherfucker
kill me if i ever get it again
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:11:36 AM EDT
[#14]
and no you can't have my weapons
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:17:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok guys, I got around 8 hours sleep and im fine... Was scared I had something serious cause my friends GF had Meningitis recently and several people in the city I live in has died from it in the past few weeks.

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had scarlet fever once, they had to give me a penicillin shot in the ass with a huge needle.  It was terrifying!  

Try having a needle the size of a turkey injector stuck behind your kneecap twice... Have it scraped around inside for around 5 minutes each time... Nothing for the pain. The doctor was LHAO cause I was squirming around. Go to a walmart or something and look at turkey injectors... And imagine that in your knee .

After that I sorta enjoyed a shot to the ass or shoulder It actually hurt worst then the broken knee.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:19:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe you have a case of the zacklies.  

That's when your breath smells z'actly like yo' ass.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:20:47 PM EDT
[#17]
A private in my company died from menengitis during training.

We were on a field exercise, and he was feeling flu-like symptoms - headache and some vomiting (didn't mention the stiff neck).  After a day or so he seemed to feel better.

Then he died.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top