Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2006 3:32:45 PM EDT
I've been looking into getting a compact digital camera as I have realized that there are a lot of times where I'd like to be taking a camera to take pictures, but don't want to haul out my big digital SLR.

Lot's of good deals on remanufactured units on ebay.  Any reason why I shoud steer away?

Looking at Canon SD 500, FWIW.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC the factory doesnt support them, so if it takes a dump you're SOL
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:44:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've been looking into getting a compact digital camera as I have realized that there are a lot of times where I'd like to be taking a camera to take pictures, but don't want to haul out my big digital SLR.

Lot's of good deals on remanufactured units on ebay.  Any reason why I shoud steer away?

Looking at Canon SD 500, FWIW.

I'm not familiar with the canon but I just got a Kodak v550 for $205 on ebay, brand new.  I would stay away from remanufactured.  There is some reason it HAD to be remanufactured, right?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#4]
In a lot of cases, remanufactured items are tested to higher standards then production units are.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#5]
SD500 is a nice unit. I have no reservations with reman goods. I vote to go for it
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#6]
As long as it is covered by the FACTORY warranty, why not?  

I would however look up the various digital camera forums to see what kind of comments the camera got.  could be there is a useability feature that sucks and they are dumping them out of the inventory because a replacement is released.

If it doesn't have the same as a new camera warranty or a very limited warranty I would pass.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#7]
You can get a refurb camera from other sites for less.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top