Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/23/2006 3:32:45 PM EDT
I've been looking into getting a compact digital camera as I have realized that there are a lot of times where I'd like to be taking a camera to take pictures, but don't want to haul out my big digital SLR.

Lot's of good deals on remanufactured units on ebay. Any reason why I shoud steer away?

Looking at Canon SD 500, FWIW.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:34:41 PM EDT
IIRC the factory doesnt support them, so if it takes a dump you're SOL
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:43:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:44:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zippy_The_Wonderdog:
I've been looking into getting a compact digital camera as I have realized that there are a lot of times where I'd like to be taking a camera to take pictures, but don't want to haul out my big digital SLR.

Lot's of good deals on remanufactured units on ebay. Any reason why I shoud steer away?

Looking at Canon SD 500, FWIW.

I'm not familiar with the canon but I just got a Kodak v550 for $205 on ebay, brand new. I would stay away from remanufactured. There is some reason it HAD to be remanufactured, right?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:48:21 PM EDT
In a lot of cases, remanufactured items are tested to higher standards then production units are.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:59:30 PM EDT
SD500 is a nice unit. I have no reservations with reman goods. I vote to go for it
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:14:02 PM EDT
As long as it is covered by the FACTORY warranty, why not?

I would however look up the various digital camera forums to see what kind of comments the camera got. could be there is a useability feature that sucks and they are dumping them out of the inventory because a replacement is released.

If it doesn't have the same as a new camera warranty or a very limited warranty I would pass.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:14:11 PM EDT
You can get a refurb camera from other sites for less.
Top Top