Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why would you want to be a water Nazi? Work hard your whole life, become successful and financially well-off, buy a nice boat because you can, and have some pimple-assed 22 y.o. enlisted fuck decide to board your vessel at will because he can.

Join a REAL branch of the military.

Water Nazi? Hmm - last I checked Boarding Officers were entrusted with Federal Law Enforcement power to include arrests. Maybe you have an AUTHORITY issue. Because you attack legitimate authority given by the US Federal Code of Regulations.

Pimple-assed 22 y.o enlisted fuck??...I believe you mean "Federal Boarding Officer" doing a routine initial safety inspection boarding to check the seaworthyness of your vessel.

I would bet money you hate all cops too. I mean - you didn't DESERVE that speeding ticket or DUI now did you?

I deal with rude scumbags on the water all the time. Your attack on the USCG is synonymous with antiwar protestors. Don't shit on Americans protecting their country. Thanks.

Uhh, WHO has the authority issue?

I do believe that would be you.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why would you want to be a water Nazi? Work hard your whole life, become successful and financially well-off, buy a nice boat because you can, and have some pimple-assed 22 y.o. enlisted fuck decide to board your vessel at will because he can.

Water Nazi? Hmm - last I checked Boarding Officers were entrusted with Federal Law Enforcement power to include arrests. Maybe you have an AUTHORITY issue. Because you attack legitimate authority given by the US Federal Code of Regulations.

Pimple-assed 22 y.o enlisted fuck??...I believe you mean "Federal Boarding Officer" doing a routine initial safety inspection boarding to check the seaworthyness of your vessel.

I would bet money you hate all cops too. I mean - you didn't DESERVE that speeding ticket or DUI now did you?

I deal with rude scumbags on the water all the time. Your attack on the USCG is synonymous with antiwar protestors. Don't shit on Americans protecting their country. Thanks.

Uhh, WHO has the authority issue?

I do believe that would be you.

Thank you. That's a compliment.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:59:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Doc308, you're my hero for the evening.

Quoted:

Yeah but I'm an ass with a big boat.

And obviously you suck at using it or the Coasties wouldn't be constantly boarding your ass. Drivin' a little drunk are we, perhaps? Can't keep it between the navigational markers?

ETA: I looked up Fountain 42' on google. I am not impressed by such boats (hence I figure why I didn't recognize it). Now Brians_45's Defever 41', that's a nice craft. Besides, I'm more impressed by sails anyway.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:00:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
[

No, I just had a 42 foot Fountain and crusied the intercoastal waterway of eastern N.C. Got boarded three times in one day between Wilmington and Morehead City. No weed (never done it), no booze (don't drink), just me and the wife. Carried an 870 pump. When the coasties hailed us they asked if I had any firearms on board. I was a good citizen and said, "well yes I do, don't you?"

Handcuffed while they did a search. Stopped 90 minutes later by a second zodiac and yet again four hours later by a third zodiac.They do good work but some of the LE type coasties are pricks....

Mess with the powerboater with small ...... day?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, I only read your post.

What's with this "will I stay in Florida" badness?

75% of the fun of ANY service is going somewhere.

If you want to stay home, fake your age and be a Sea Scout.

Seriously.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone who has to run down someone serving our country in this manner has maturity problems, regardless of the size of his "boat."

Too bad about that one day, though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Puddle Pirates, there was actually Coast Guard on Okinawa with us, some weather station or something, not really sure.

Wear Air Force blues with Navy style rank on them, looked confused as hell.

SAR is the stuff and so is CGLE..........................
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I worked as a civliian at the USCG station Miami. I spoke th the Gunners mates all the time and they didn't work hard at all. This was on the 110 foot boats. The best jobs are store clerks. They have some positions there where they start at 06:30 and leave at 01:00 PM. it was easy work.

Do not for any reason sign up for anyhting that has to do with the engines. Those guys work their asses off. I have seen them change engines in August. It was very hard and hot work.

The best jobs are the electricians Mate. They mostly worked in the AC, and very litttle work. Living on a boat is rough.

Go to one of the statiions and talk to them they will show you around and you can talk to them and see for yourself.

Good luck,

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#10]
My brother is a Coastie now, he has been active service Army as 11 B, in the guard as a Scout and now in the CG on a PST.

Of all the branches he says that the CG has been the most challenging as far as making rank etc as the competition is fierce for far less open slots. As far as his duties from what I can tell BS'n with him he likes it a lot and gets to play with some pretty neat toys. The accomodations; far and away the best he has ever had but he was a grunt and grunts get the big green weenie most of the time.

He has served a total of 16 years at this point just for a point of reference and 3 of those have been CG. The CG falls under homeland security now so they definately have some funding behind them for some really cool stuff. He has taken so many classes all over the state I can't count them. Mostly tactical entry type stuff etc.

Good luck, no matter what branch you choose I don't think you can go wrong serving your country!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:31:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
blah ...blah...blah...

Originally Posted By J_Smith
Don't shit on Americans protecting their country. Thanks.

Well said J_Smith
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It's like the Navy with more butt sex.

So I'm told.

You must be speaking from experience.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I was in for 20.  Sailed a couple ice breakers all around the western hemisphere.  Came in after the Rangers secured Panama to rebuild their Coast Guard...place was still hot.  Pulled overdue fishermen outta the Pacific when the 'Ricans left them for dead.  Drank enough Molson with the Canuks, Vodka with the Norwigsee, and Fosters with the Aussies.... enough the float the Titanic.  Banged enough strange every night in port that I thought my dick would fall off.  Pay wasn't bad and you could always study and take a test to make more.   Multiple Harleys, powerboats, and homes with breakin little sweat.  Used blankets to retreive the bloaters... hard not to puke on them.  Blasted a porpose with a .50 (oops) seagulls ate good.  Put out fuel fires with PKP and vectored aircraft/rescue boats when the fishermen's chips were down.  Have enough crossing cards to fill a love me wall and the stories of polar bears on the transom, roaring lat 60's, moving three tons of coke, to saving lives....  

Nahhh... don't even bother....  not worth the time.

Ohh yeah, my retirement / VA $$$ comes every month.  Nahhh not worth it.

1.800.get.uscg

-P
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So I'm told.

Nope.  Just stories I've heard from the Marines.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I was in for 20.  Sailed a couple ice breakers all around the western hemisphere.  Came in after the Rangers secured Panama to rebuild their Coast Guard...place was still hot.  Pulled overdue fishermen outta the Pacific when the 'Ricans left them for dead.  Drank enough Molson with the Canuks, Vodka with the Norwigsee, and Fosters with the Aussies.... enough the float the Titanic.  Banged enough strange every night in port that I thought my dick would fall off.  Pay wasn't bad and you could always study and take a test to make more.   Multiple Harleys, powerboats, and homes with breakin little sweat.  Used blankets to retreive the bloaters... hard not to puke on them.  Blasted a porpose with a .50 (oops) seagulls ate good.  Put out fuel fires with PKP and vectored aircraft/rescue boats when the fishermen's chips were down.  Have enough crossing cards to fill a love me wall and the stories of polar bears on the transom, roaring lat 60's, moving three tons of coke, to saving lives....  

Nahhh... don't even bother....  not worth the time.

Ohh yeah, my retirement / VA $$$ comes every month.  Nahhh not worth it.

1.800.get.uscg

-P

damn, you're starting to make me want to join up!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So I'm told.

Nope.  Just stories I've heard from the Marines.

Gunnery Sargent Hartman voice: " Bullshit, I bet you could suck a golfball through a garden hose! "

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#17]
FWIW, I have not seen too many Rangers or Marines willing to do what a Rescue Swimmer does.

Try jumping out of a helicopter into 50 foot seas to snag a fisherman.

BRASS ONES.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Did a funeral today, ran into a Navy O-1 who had prior enlisted time as a Marine infantryman and a Coast Guard type of some sort. He did a tour in Southern Iraq, in cammies, on land, in the field. (i.e. not only on the base, he went out and about with a rifle). Not entirely sure what his job description was, but as you can imagine, people didn't expect to see a Coastie in Basra.

NTM
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
OK, I only read your post.

What's with this "will I stay in Florida" badness?

75% of the fun of ANY service is going somewhere.

If you want to stay home, fake your age and be a Sea Scout.

Seriously.

Agreed,  even in the CG you can end up as part of a Det. attached to a USN ship and
still wind up going for a little 'Persian Excursion'.

If you're young, don't own a lot of stuff and don't haven't met 'that special someone' quite yet
try getting away from home for a little bit.  You may be surprised.

ETA:  I like the CG they haven't pulled me over yet.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:07:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Coast Guard Anthem

After you get done with the music...

I've been in the CG for 12 years after doing 4 in the Navy. Changing services has been the best decision of my life.

Check out my I love me web page and if you have any specific questions you can IM me.

BTW I'm heading back to the Middle East for a second tour of duty (volunteers only).

Scott
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:18:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I worked as a civliian at the USCG station Miami. I spoke th the Gunners mates all the time and they didn't work hard at all. This was on the 110 foot boats. The best jobs are store clerks. They have some positions there where they start at 06:30 and leave at 01:00 PM. it was easy work.

Do not for any reason sign up for anyhting that has to do with the engines. Those guys work their asses off. I have seen them change engines in August. It was very hard and hot work.

The best jobs are the electricians Mate. They mostly worked in the AC, and very litttle work. Living on a boat is rough.

Go to one of the statiions and talk to them they will show you around and you can talk to them and see for yourself.

Good luck,

Yeah, I remember coming into work at 0645 and leaving at 1330. Most ships had trop hours, but what a lot of people did see was the fact those ships were deployed anywhere from 180 - 240 days a year. I've only done one afloat tour in the CG, but of those two years on the "white needle of death" we were gone 15 months.

You're thinking of the ETs (electronic technicians). They keep the electronics going and the fire control working. EMs (electrician mates) could often be found in the engine room busting their collective asses along with the MKs. Oh, did I mention that engine rooms usually run about 160 degrees in the Caribbean? Imagine doing a watch down there.

Oh, well.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The contract i'm signing says Army, but what you said was a fucking disgrace. hr

Get off your high horse, junior. You're not the only one to serve...

You must have been in the Navy to hate the USCG that much hr

No, I just had a 42 foot Fountain and crusied the intercoastal waterway of eastern N.C. Got boarded three times in one day between Wilmington and Morehead City. No weed (never done it), no booze (don't drink), just me and the wife. Carried an 870 pump. When the coasties hailed us they asked if I had any firearms on board. I was a good citizen and said, "well yes I do, don't you?"

Handcuffed while they did a search. Stopped 90 minutes later by a second zodiac and yet again four hours later by a third zodiac.They do good work but some of the LE type coasties are pricks....

Buy a Cigarette, or Nor-Tech you wont get boarded as much and you will have a much higher resale value.he  Id much rather deal with USCG than any other waterborne LE any day of the week.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck,

Yeah, I remember coming into work at 0645 and leaving at 1330. Most ships had trop hours, but what a lot of people did see was the fact those ships were deployed anywhere from 180 - 240 days a year. I've only done one afloat tour in the CG, but of those two years on the "white needle of death" we were gone 15 months.

You're thinking of the ETs (electronic technicians). They keep the electronics going and the fire control working. EMs (electrician mates) could often be found in the engine room busting their collective asses along with the MKs. Oh, did I mention that engine rooms usually run about 160 degrees in the Caribbean? Imagine doing a watch down there.

Oh, well.

That's what I am (still in the SELRES). I was only on a white one for about 5 months before it got decommissioned, had about five years working at two different ESDs (Electronic Support Detachments). 0700 to 1330, Monday-Friday, it was a pretty good gig, fairly boring and repetitive though. Those engineering guys(EM,MK,DC) used to always come up and hang out in the ET shop on the boat because it and Radio had the only AC system on the boat that actually worked
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Hommie the site is not letting me send you an IM or email.
I'll post my response here:

What job do you have where you're boarding ship like that?

Is the Gunners mate job more of a fix weapons that are broken or gunner on a mounted weapon? Or both?

Is there a buddy system? A friend of mine may join with me, we're researching it as best we can before making this decision.

I'm 21 years old and in high school i did the JROTC thing.

I was assigned to a TACLET (Tactical Law Enforcement Team) at the time. TACLET\LEDETS deploy off of US and Allied warships to conduct counter drug ops.
The pic where I'm covering with my M4 was taken in Iraq. We found an Iraqi opservation post on a partially sunken tanker in the KAA river.

Gunnersmates will, depending upon which unit the are stationed, take care of small arms (M16, M9, Sig 229 DAK, Rem 870), be small arms instructors (take people to qual at the range) and or mantain the larger cutter weapons systems (M60, .50cal, 25MM, MK 76.)

With the JROTC under your belt you should qualify to come in as a E3.

There is a buddy system as far as I know, there is/was also a guaranteed geographic location type thing you can negotiate with the detailer.

If you have more questions IM me with your email address and I'll send you my phone number.

Scott
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:37:45 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

That is a really ignorant thing to say.

Enlisted fuck eh? Who the fuck are you?

Here is the reality. The "enlisted fuck" will board your vessel and you will say "yes sir, no sir" the whole time he is on board.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:46:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Keep in mind they are the only branch that have no problem filling slots ever so there is not as much wiggle room with the recruiter . Also Call it a hunch if you want but I bet the recruiters will be going even more gangbusters turning people down come sept.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:46:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Yeah life is rough.....I work crazy hours like the rest of the military including a lot of midwatches. Is it worth it? You decide.

My special ed boat

Shooting inanimate objects in the water during an M240B live-fire

Chillin' in NYC harbor

Protecting the Navy during Fleet Week

Shooting LessLethal Boat to Boat with Rem870

Cruising by the Mothballed Fleet near Newport News,VA

Philadelphia at Night

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top