Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 1:35:26 PM EDT
hope this isn't a dupe.  went back 5 pages and didn't see anything.

Business Week article
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:36:47 PM EDT
[#1]
The only part that made money.  I wonder how long they have left.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:38:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

That's what I was thinking.  The finance side of the auto business, be it the manufacturer or a dealer, is the real money maker.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
FYI It's only one division of GMAC, and it's the controlling stake, not 100%.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I was thinking.  The finance side of the auto business, be it the manufacturer or a dealer, is the real money maker.

Thinking the same thing, GM must be tanking fast if they need to sell their Golden Goose.

Interest financing is what kept Sears alive, just like Dave Ramsey said: " Sears was nothing more than a Credit Card company with some stuff for sale in the window."
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:50:55 PM EDT
[#5]
GM is still just slowly liquidating itself.

They are dying slowly and painfully.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:52:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guys, read the article:

...a 78 percent stake in the commercial mortgage business

Not cars. Edit: I know this doesn't look great for GM but it's a needed short-term cash infusion.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guys, read the article:

...a 78 percent stake in the commercial mortgage business

Not cars. Edit: I know this doesn't look great for GM but it's a needed short-term cash infusion.

Okay, okay.  I didn't post anything else after your first post.  The link does not work for me anyway.  The first time I ever agreed with donalp and even that was wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top