Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2006 12:14:10 PM EDT
i have the 62 cj-5 willys jeep. for right now i have a 4 cyl f-4 134 engine for it. (pretty much stock) but i am still interested in finding a diesel for it.

i have searched for a vw engine as i hear this is the easiest swap out there, but all i am finding is side mounted engines..

can a side mounted engine work in the streight mount position? looking at the 1.6 ltr 4 cyl. i am sure it can be done but how, and what work would be needed?

edited for big finger syndrome.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:18:24 PM EDT
[#1]
How would you hook it up to the tranny?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#2]
thats pretty much what i am trying to figure out.. i am told this is the ideal engine, but cannot fine one mounted the same way. wondering if there is some special trick to it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How would you hook it up to the tranny?

That doesn't sound right...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#4]
These guys should be able to help ya
www.jeepforums.com
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
These guys should be able to help ya
www.jeepforums.com

thats all well and fine, but they won't let me sign up with my yahoo account.

thats the only email i have..
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#6]
You have an email account through your internet provider.may have to call your provider to set it up though.it`s usualy "outlook express"but there are a couple others i cant think of off hand.but give em a ring..it pretty easy to set up..probaly take 10-15 minutes at most.I only use mine for signing up on sites like that and other business like through the EE here...nothing else..so you wont have to worry bout spam or any of that.I use web based accounts*yahoo,hotmail ect ect*for personal bs
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#7]
i don't have a provider my self. i log on thru wireless hotspots..
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#8]
You would probably be best suited by getting a engine, tranny, & tcase all from the same vehicle to swap in.

Check these guys out as they know there stuff.
www.novak-adapt.com/
www.jeepsunlimited.com
www.pirate4x4.com/forum/index
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Cummins 4BT to a NV4500 its the same enf as the 6cy with 2 lessd & can be found in lost of equpiment
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top