Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/23/2006 7:18:21 AM EDT
I was in a class and some girl was trying to blame men for eating disorders in woman, most of the males in the class aggreed that the super skinney paris hilton types are gross and look like skeletor,

Most of the guys agreed that they would much prefer the girls to be in good shape but have hips, ass, and tits.

Personally I think the girls are just fucking themselves with their womens magazines.  

Check out how skinny those girls are, compared to maxim or stuff.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:20:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Personally I think the girls are just fucking themselves with their womens magazines.  

Very true.  The girls on the cover of Cosmopolitan at the grocery store are honestly not that great looking compared to Maxim babes.  I don't like actual 'supermodels' at all.  They are all anorexic and plain looking - with very few exceptions.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:21:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Men like a bit of meat.. some like the buffet
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Inferiority complex and/or insecurity which leads them to lash out at others because they feel they are unattractive.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:23:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Sociology?

Must be Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:23:17 AM EDT
[#5]

The basic parameters about WHAT is attractive in women IS set by men, as it has been throughout history, and women respond to that.  So, in part, I believe that assumption to be correct.

However, the fierce COMPETITION among women, which leads to the extremes, is all their own doing (driven by basic, hardwired tendencies in women to want to "attract" the "best" man).
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:24:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very true.  The girls on the cover of Cosmopolitan at the grocery store are honestly not that great looking compared to Maxim babes.  I don't like actual 'supermodels' at all.  They are all anorexic and plain looking - with very few exceptions.

I agree also.
But that is what women are told by television, magazines, etc. God forbid they should get an original thought.

And that of course includes the propensity of western women to blame men for all of their shortcomings and unhappiness. Lot of messed up women out there and I can only imagine that women you meet in a college sociology class are going to be on the far end of the bell curve for emotional problems.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:25:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Because we do?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:25:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I was in a class and some girl was trying to blame men for eating disorders in woman.............

When you age a little, you'll realize EVERYTHING should be blamed on men.

"All men are pigs."  Anonymous female
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:28:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
...I don't like actual 'supermodels' at all.  They are all anorexic and plain looking...

Send me all the broken-hearted supermodels that you reject.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:29:32 AM EDT
[#10]
The Auschwitz Look always gives me major wood...

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:31:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't like that skinny look. I like women with curves but not fat.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:32:51 AM EDT
[#12]
its' not what they think we want, it's their self image.

they see FAT, no matter what the reality is
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:33:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't know?

I prefer curvy women like the ones you see in the classic paintings.

Throw in some red hair and alabaster skin and I'm there!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:33:51 AM EDT
[#14]
they dont realize that the "supermodels" are there to impress the dress designers..

who happen to be mostly gay.

they want the supermodels to look like 12 year old boys..

the ladies dont see that.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:34:28 AM EDT
[#15]
What ever happened to being responsible for one's own actions.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:35:04 AM EDT
[#16]
The really ironic part is that young women tend to be consumed by the desire to achieve an appearance which has been popularized by the gay guys who work in the fashion industry and for the magazines.  LOL

Gay guys and women are the only ones I know who think skinny models with boyish bodies are sexually attractive.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:36:41 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
they dont realize that the "supermodels" are there to impress the dress designers..

My (female) cousin lived in France for a year and a half, and commented the exact same thing.  Fashion is big in France, and most of the designers are gay.  Naturally, their favorite models happen to be women who resemble 12 year old boys.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:36:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

But the curves are caused by FAT.

a little fat is ok.  when they are a foot shorter than me and they way as much as i do then, we have a problem.  i would rather see a chick with a couple extra pounds than one with a few to few.
but then i don't mine a little muscle to go with the meat.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:45:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But the curves are caused by FAT.

ass/tits... Fat???  whatever you call it, it feels good...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:45:30 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I think that died around 1968 or so. Weren't you there?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:46:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

HOLY SHIT!!  That is the best reason ever!  Makes perfect sense!

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:47:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:48:18 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
"All men are pigs."  Anonymous female

And sometimes women like a hot dog. - kissfan
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:49:06 AM EDT
[#24]
I like my wimmenz to have a little meat on their bones.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:50:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:53:16 AM EDT
[#26]
I like my women on the thick side. Skinny chick I would probably hurt
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:53:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Cuz their goofy?  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I was in a class and some girl was trying to blame men for eating disorders in woman, most of the males in the class aggreed that the super skinney paris hilton types are gross and look like skeletor,

Most of the guys agreed that they would much prefer the girls to be in good shape but have hips, ass, and tits.

IMHO, this chick is lying to herself.  Women compete with other women for the attention of men.  It's not so much that they act/look/etc in a way that they think will attract men, they act/look/etc to circumvent, undermine, or outdo other womens' attention getting measures.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that died around 1968 or so. Weren't you there?

1968 is a blur.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:58:55 AM EDT
[#30]
yah to many extremes these days, nasty looking skin and bones vs beach whales.... most of whom wont admit they are fat
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:59:04 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Clothes look best on hangers, models need to be built like hangers.

They want to showcase the clothes, not the woman wearing them. If Pam Anderson was a fashion model no one would remember what she had on.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I never thought about it that way. Damn that makes sense.

Of course you don't have that issue with the Fredericks of Hollywood catalog.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Give me a woman built like Salma Hayek..
Who wants some stick woman that looks like a little boy...

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:09:02 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

She's whacked. Of course it's not mens' fault. The problem is that the 'ideal' woman is portrayed in the entertainment media as being stick thin with huge silicone breasts and teens and younger women especially think that this is what they have to be in order to be attractive to men.

If you take it to it's most basic form, the reason most men are attracted to a woman with curves is because were designed to lay down fat deposits in order to nurse our young through lean times. We're programmed as a species to procreate, hence we look for the healthiest specimin with which to mate.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:12:06 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

images.askmen.com/galleries/actress/salma-hayek/pictures/salma-hayek-picture-3.jpg

OH YES!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:13:42 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

...But the curves are caused by FAT...

Most men have some idea that the human body is composed of muscle and fat, two distinctly different things.

Most women do not know this, and do not distinguish between lean and fat, but consider all weight the same.

Moderate female muscle can be very shapely.  The breasts of course are composed of glands and fat, not muscle.  The posterioer is largely muscle with some fat (ideally).

Anorexia seems to be a condition of high-performing, above average intelligence upper class young white women.  I have read, and tend to agree that is a misguided striving for perfection.

Very sad.

And no, men are NOT to blame.  No matter who says what, we are in control of our own corporal essence.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:16:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Most actresses and models are pretty skinny in real life because the camera tends to add 10-15lbs.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:30:48 AM EDT
[#38]
I really don't think anyone is "to blame." I think what we have is a failure to look at the big picture. Breaking it down for the ARFCOM section of Society:

We have society's "accepted" beauty ideal.

We have ARFCOM's "accepted" beauty ideal (in BOTD threads and such)

But the ONLY one that should have any impact is  our own "accepted" beauty ideal.

The young girls coming of age listen to the "experts." (Magazines, Hollywood)
Even the young men (Lee Hotti anyone? )
As someone said, they have no original thought on it.

As we get older, hopefully common sense and our own definition of beauty becomes our guide.
I'm not stick thin.
I'm also not fat.
But I am happy where I am.
Do I care if Hollywood or my neighbors or even folks here think I do not fit the beauty norm?
Nope.
But I am not a 15 year old girl.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Go to the grocery store and look at the tabloids as you stand in line. Britney Spaers just had a kid and they point out what a Whale she is. I mean, DAMN, she is still lactating, give the kid a break.

Women see this shit and Kate Moss' skinny ass on the rags at the check out line and they loose they damn minds.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
 Women compete with other women for the attention of men.  It's not so much that they act/look/etc in a way that they think will attract men, they act/look/etc to circumvent, undermine, or outdo other womens' attention getting measures.  

The funny thing is getting mens attention is really easy.  All she needs is average looks.  The key is, have a good attitude, a healthy sexual desire, knock it out in bed, and stop with all the bullshit.  Men would be flocking to her from all over the country.  And that is something 50% of the women could do if they set their mind to it.

All the stuff women do is to get other womens attention IYAM.  They dont really care what the men think, which is why they act like they do.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:14:40 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Look at the reaction of guys here to pics of heavy women and tell me most guys dont * really* want thinner females.

Its whats in style in this century; the days of heavy women being fashionable  ( Reubenesque )was  a few hundred years ago when being heavy said you probably had the money to have enough food to be heavy.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:18:03 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

That went out of style in the 60's and hasn't made a come back.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Here's the thing.

Men's taste in women differ... and this is a good thing.

I respect whatever a man finds attractive in a woman.  If you like up tall, short, big, small, blonde, brunette, redhead, flat, curvy, that's all fine.  And there is NOTHING wrong with whatever you find attractive.

Me, personally... I like 'em skinny.  I just found some new pics of Claudia Schiffer, topless next to a pool... and my oh my... she is perfect.

If we all liked exactly the same thing, what type of world would that be.

For the life of me... I can't understand how we can argue about PERSONAL TASTE.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#44]
I like skiny chicks ok, but I like fat chicks too.  Big girl nead luving too!  Too big of a butt means that I don't eat overcooked pie.

Mostly I like a pretty face and big boobs.  A small ass in a bonus.  I could not see myself marrying a girl with boobs that were too small.  But maybe some small boobie girl will nock my sock off and the rest will be history.

My "you fuking male bastanrd....I can't believe you said that" post of the day.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

images.askmen.com/galleries/actress/salma-hayek/pictures/salma-hayek-picture-3.jpg

Dude, she has a man face.
I still think she's a trannie.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They want to showcase the clothes, not the woman wearing them. If Pam Anderson was a fashion model no one would remember what she had on.

Red bathing suit, one piece
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Most actresses and models are pretty skinny in real life because the camera tends to add 10-15lbs.

Yeah, a 3 dimensional human looks thicker when flattened onto a 2d screen or page. Most celebrities are pretty thin which makes them more photogenic.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

5'4-5'9.....32B-34C boobs.....105-130#.....

.....perfection.

Boobs/butt must be proportionate to body type.

With that said, my ex-g/f had a perfect body.  5'4-5'5, 32A, 115#, perfect butt.....mmm...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Red bathing suit, one piece

You remember David Hasselhof also!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top