Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I recall a study a few year ago.

They asked women "describe what men want a woman to look like" and the women described your typical tall skinny model. 5'10, 110 lbs etc

They asked men "what do you want a woman to look like". The guys described women shorter and curvier (5'2"-5'4"  120-130 lbs with more curves).

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The Auschwitz Look always gives me major wood...

home.utm.utoronto.ca/~kathrynd/GENDER%20WEBSITE/IMAGES/80s%20-%20katie%20-%20anorexic15.jpg

Id hit it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#3]
tell em the truth. its not about thin - its about hip-to-waist ratio.

.68    is sexy.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Most people want to do whatever their TV tells them to do.

My ex-wife once said, in a marriage counseling session, "I want to be like the people on TV."

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What ever happened to being responsible for one's own actions.

+1
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:51:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I don't like that skinny look. I like women with curves but not fat.

+36-24-36

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Curvy and blonde.

MMMMMM.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#8]
+20 is better than -10.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

5'4-5'9.....32B-34C boobs.....105-130#.....

.....perfection.

Boobs/butt must be proportionate to body type.

With that said, my ex-g/f had a perfect body.  5'4-5'5, 32A, 115#, perfect butt.....mmm...

Psst...According to your notes, I am very overweight.
(I wear a size 4-6) and by your scale I should weigh 115-120 pounds. Haven't weighed that since puberty.
Someone here noted that muscle mass weighs more, but even so.....
See guys. You THINK you know what is "healthy" but even your numbers have been skewed by those societal images.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
they dont realize that the "supermodels" are there to impress the dress designers..

who happen to be mostly gay.

they want the supermodels to look like 12 year old boys..

the ladies dont see that.

HOLY SHIT!!  That is the best reason ever!  Makes perfect sense!

Clothes look best on hangers, models need to be built like hangers.

They want to showcase the clothes, not the woman wearing them. If Pam Anderson was a fashion model no one would remember what she had on.

Red bathing suit, one piece

You remember David Hasselhof also!

Who?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:08:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was in a class and some girl was trying to blame men for eating disorders in woman, most of the males in the class aggreed that the super skinney paris hilton types are gross and look like skeletor,

Most of the guys agreed that they would much prefer the girls to be in good shape but have hips, ass, and tits.

Personally I think the girls are just fucking themselves with their womens magazines.  

Check out how skinny those girls are, compared to maxim or stuff.

Look at the reaction of guys here to pics of heavy women and tell me most guys dont * really* want thinner females.

Its whats in style in this century; the days of heavy women being fashionable  ( Reubenesque )was  a few hundred years ago when being heavy said you probably had the money to have enough food to be heavy.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I recall a study a few year ago.

They asked women "describe what men want a woman to look like" and the women described your typical tall skinny model. 5'10, 110 lbs etc

They asked (married) men "what do you want a woman to look like". The guys described women shorter and curvier (5'2"-5'4"  120-130 lbs with more curves).

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:01:55 PM EDT
[#13]
15 or 20 years ago anorexia was blamed entirely on child sex abuse--anorexics were the victims.  But that turned out to be false.  Thanks shrinks for getting that one wrong and causing lots of family problems.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:09:26 PM EDT
[#14]
It may have something to do with the fact that homosexual men run the fashion industy. What the hell do they know about good looking women?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm with you guys on this. My freshman year of college there was a girl that said she was going to get some groceries from Wal-Mart to last her until spring break (about a week and a half). I went in her room and she had:

1 box of Little Debbie Nutty Bars
1 can chicken and stars soup
2 packs of easy mac
1 pack of ramen noodles

I said "I thought you went shopping." She said "I did." You could honestly poke her anywhere and hit bone. Her hip bones poked way out. Yuck. I don't like being able to see the entirety of your hip bone, and I would like it if I don't have more of an ass than you.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:32:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I like my women on the thick side. Skinny chick I would probably hurt

Or get beat to death by the front of their hip bones.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:48:31 PM EDT
[#17]
With eating disorders, it's just the warped mental perception of the girl (exception: Dennis Quaid)

No guy likes the overly skinny babe.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Cosmo
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:58:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
.... prefer the girls to be in good shape but have hips, ass, and tits.....

pretty much how I like my woman...... curvy with a nice aSS....

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:39:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
tell em the truth. its not about thin - its about hip-to-waist ratio.

.68    is sexy.

1 : 1.618!  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:48:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I like my wimmenz to have a little meat on their bones.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:29:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You remember David Hasselhof also!

Who?

Me!

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:39:36 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
They asked men "what do you want a woman to look like". The guys described women shorter and curvier (5'2"-5'4"  120-130 lbs with more curves).

And Asian, don't forget that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:24:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And Asian, don't forget that.

Asian women have that exotic appeal, but I always find my feelings of attraction going back to dark haired women (and a few blonds) of european features.  The Asians I find most attractive happen to be the ones with "American-European" features, not only in the face but in the body too (Asians that actually have a nice round bottom and something substantial in their bra).  There I go again, mentioning the need for curves.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:33:09 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.....perfection.

With that said, my ex-g/f had a perfect body.  5'4-5'5, 32A, 115#, perfect butt.....mmm...

(I wear a size 4-6) and by your scale I should weigh 115-120 pounds. Haven't weighed that since puberty.
See guys. You THINK you know what is "healthy" but even your numbers have been skewed by those societal images.

Easy there killer.

I was just saying what "I" personally like.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:42:18 AM EDT
[#26]
+1 on Salma Hayek.  

I was going to chime in on 'fashion for the weak-minded driven by gay designers.'  Beat to it.

My wife's 5'3"/130 with a nice waistline.  Very fashionable and stylish - but adult.  Stops traffic.  'Nuff said.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:45:41 AM EDT
[#27]
I wasn't under the impression many women thought guys want anorexic chicks.  What with so many fat women in American society.  I mean, look at the obesity rates...it's a fucking national epidemic.

I think the whole premise of the post is flawed.  Unless women think men want that but don't care, hit the ice cream and little debbies anyway and fatten themselves up despite thinking men want thin chicks.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:47:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Asian women have that exotic appeal, but I always find my feelings of attraction going back to dark haired women (and a few blonds) of european features.  The Asians I find most attractive happen to be the ones with "American-European" features, not only in the face but in the body too (Asians that actually have a nice round bottom and something substantial in their bra).  There I go again, mentioning the need for curves.

kelly hu?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:49:56 AM EDT
[#29]
All your skinny bithces are mine.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:55:27 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Easy there killer.

My point was that 105 pounds really is NOT what you think it is.
All those chicks in Playboy claiming to be 5'8" tall, 105 pounds with 36DD breasts are lying.
That's all I am saying.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:02:36 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.....perfection.

+1  I think part of the female preception problem is listening to men.  Men don't know a thing about women's sizes and a good many of these posts echo my statement.  The entire 36-24-36 mentality is off.  I think if you lined up every woman in American that was in decent shape you'd be hard press to find many that fit that mold.  So you have impressionable girls wanting to be something they can't be to achieve something that they preceive in their immature/inexperience mentality and they run into trouble.  

I've started with my daughter and have been very careful to build her confidence in who she is.  My FIL calls her Fatso as a what's the word....love name [??] and he means it sweetly but Whit and I have talked about it so she doesn't get a false impression that just because Grandpa calls her Fatso means she's fat [my brothers called me Fatty Patty growing up and I was a twig].  Anyway girls need to realize that eating healthy, working out healthy [not over doing it like Farrah Fawcitt or Melanie Griffith] and being in good mind and body will attract an appropriate mate.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:07:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Women don't care what men want.

Women only care about what other women think men want.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Easy there killer.

All those chicks in Playboy claiming to be 5'8" tall, 105 pounds with 36DD breasts are lying.
That's all I am saying.

My sister is 5'2 and 105#.  She was down to 95# at one point.

I know what 105# looks like.
And that would be like the bare minimum for me.  The chick would probably be like 5'0.

I was just saying that I preferred girls who were 5'4-5'9....
Girls who were 105# to 135#.
Girls with 32 A/B to a 34C.

I dont want a girl thats 5'9 and weighs 105#.

Thats why I also said, their body has to be proportionate to their height/weight.  If a girl is 5'0 with 34D boobs, that is not proportionate.  Nor is a 5'4, 120# girl with a huge ass ghetto booty and 34A boobs.
It's all about proportion.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:52:19 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Easy there killer.

That's all I am saying.

Maybe silicone doesn't weigh as much as you think it does.  And that 5'8" is in heels.  Don't you read the articles?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:03:23 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
The Auschwitz Look always gives me major wood...

home.utm.utoronto.ca/~kathrynd/GENDER%20WEBSITE/IMAGES/80s%20-%20katie%20-%20anorexic15.jpg

She's sick.  Fetch the ice cream.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

kelly hu?

Just looked up that name.  Not bad at all.  A tad more meat on her bones wouldn't hurt her either.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#38]
As long as when they sit on my face I can still hear the stereo...I'm good to go.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
If a girl is 5'0 with 34D boobs, that is not proportionate.  

How is that not proportionate? My wife is shorter than that, has bigger  breasts than that and she looks just fine.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How is that not proportionate? My wife is shorter than that, has bigger  breasts than that and she looks just fine.

oh boy....

Guys n gals...can we just say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder????

Because it truly is.

The trick is to get the beholder to say something nice when he/she looks in the mirror.

That's my take.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh boy....

Guys n gals...can we just say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder????

Because it truly is.

The trick is to get the beholder to say something nice when he/she looks in the mirror.

That's my take.

Aha!

Men (the majority) here have clearly indicated a desire for curves.  For us men, D-cup breasts on a shorter woman is not disproportionate.  For some men B-cups are great.  You can find numerous men who'd like just about any given combination of proportions on some woman.

Which gets us to the root of the problem:  It's women who are pushing the unhealthy demands of proportions on themselves.

Having said that, I recongize all too well that there are some exceptions.  I remember a co-worker who became bulemic because of an emotionally abusive boyfriend.  A shame too, because she became extraordinarily attractive when she allowed herself to fill out a little.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Oh how I miss Jennifer Connelly of the time when she filmed Rocketeer.  She was so attractive back then.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
That's all I am saying.

Well, speaking of Playboy playmates.... April '06 issue....

Holley D....

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:18:41 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To me, it makes them look top-heavy.  

YM will always V, of course.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:53:17 AM EDT
[#46]
With that said, my ex-g/f had a perfect body.  5'4-5'5, 32A, 115#, perfect butt.....mmm...hats
C-cup minimum, anything smaller cannot get on this ride.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:18:33 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

32A ???  Thats a pirates dream.  Thats like having a couple eggs sunny side up.  YUCK

It was a good handful.  I suppose they probably could have been a small B.  I loved them.  They were perfect for her body type.  And since they were smaller, they were firm and didnt have stretchmarks or anything.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:24:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Different strokes... for different folks.

I find the "twiggy" type to be disgusting though....

You'd end up breaking her body.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Which gets us to the root of the problem:  It's women who are pushing the unhealthy demands of proportions on themselves.

I respectfully disagree:
And to provide at your fingertips evidence:

Not ONE female on this board dissed the pic of the new squeeze of one of our team members. I won't name the member, but I know a few here remember that not too old thread. I thought that lady was nicely curvy...many men did too...but he got an earful of crappy somments about her being chunky.

It was not a female who posted the pic of JLo at the academy Awards and declared her ass was too big.

No females here have ever dissed any pics of any of the men...we've had men diss the pics of our ladies though.

Sorry, but men DO factor into this equasion. They are not entirely to blame. Most of a woman's self esteem MUST come from within.
If she does not believe she is desirable, she will never feel that way.

ETA: comments like this:

Quoted:

32A ???  Thats a pirates dream.  Thats like having a couple eggs sunny side up.  YUCK

although said in jest, are what some women will use to measure their beauty. (Dober, not picking on you, just proving a point)

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
they dont realize that the "supermodels" are there to impress the dress designers..

who happen to be mostly gay.

they want the supermodels to look like 12 year old boys..

the ladies dont see that.

this one had me chuckling.

another one i might add is that the other kind of model--the cindy crawford type, represents what a lot of gay men would like to look like.  plenty of my gay friends would agree.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top