Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:00:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Relax--don't read too much into my response.  When you said you were "prepared" I think many people would assume your HK was loaded.

What possible good would a cased, unloaded pistol in your car do when you got out to confront the guy?

OK, you committed no crime, but you were completely unprepared.

I WAS PREPARED MAKE NO MISTAKE END OF STORY
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Oh, well since you're shouting you're clearly right and I'm clearly wrong.  Clearly you were prepared and he was at your mercy.

'bye now.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You're in Wisconsin.  With a HK.  Was the gun loaded in the car?  You just committed a class A misdemeanor, violating state statute 941.23, carry a concealed weapon.  Was the gun on your person?  Same violation.

If you didn't have the loaded gun on you when you got out to confront the other driver, you were at his mercy, and not at all "well-protected" like you state in your earlier post.

Why are you implying I have committed a crime??? I had no loaded weapon in my car or on my person last time I checked it's not illegal to transport a cased weapon!!!! You know in a perfect world I'm sure you would have done things differently. once I knew the jig was up it took all of about 2 minutes for all this to transpire. To try to say i'm the bad guy committing a crime you sir are way out of line. we live in the country no police station nearby....real easy for everyone to armchair quarterback this situation...On this day I was not expecting to have this happen this was not my fault. I was minding my own buisness HE CREATED THE SITUATION NOT ME. I WAS TRYING TO STOP IT

Um, you really need to stop digging.  You said you were "prepared."  A pistol unloaded and cased hardly constitutes "prepared."  Were you going to call a "timeout" if he emerged from his vehicle shooting?  Geez, get a clue.  

I have a clue I nor my family will be victims period I had no idea what this clown was up to I told a story here and I get you were committing a crime Bull$hit and I'll lose the lawsuit........better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 IDID NOTHING WRONG

Grow up.

1.  Your tactics suck, by going to a confrontation unarmed.  Yes, an unloaded gun means you are unarmed.

2.  Your strategy sucks, because you could have avoided ANY difficulty by just driving to the P.D., Firehouse, Hospital - but you led him to your neighborhood.

So, in terms of battle, you usually lose when both your strategy and your tactics suck.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:11:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You're in Wisconsin.  With a HK.  Was the gun loaded in the car?  You just committed a class A misdemeanor, violating state statute 941.23, carry a concealed weapon.  Was the gun on your person?  Same violation.

If you didn't have the loaded gun on you when you got out to confront the other driver, you were at his mercy, and not at all "well-protected" like you state in your earlier post.

Why are you implying I have committed a crime??? I had no loaded weapon in my car or on my person last time I checked it's not illegal to transport a cased weapon!!!! You know in a perfect world I'm sure you would have done things differently. once I knew the jig was up it took all of about 2 minutes for all this to transpire. To try to say i'm the bad guy committing a crime you sir are way out of line. we live in the country no police station nearby....real easy for everyone to armchair quarterback this situation...On this day I was not expecting to have this happen this was not my fault. I was minding my own buisness HE CREATED THE SITUATION NOT ME. I WAS TRYING TO STOP IT

Too funny.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:14:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Relax--don't read too much into my response.  When you said you were "prepared" I think many people would assume your HK was loaded.

What possible good would a cased, unloaded pistol in your car do when you got out to confront the guy?

I would hardly consider a cased/unloaded handgun 'prepared' but if you think so...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then why did you say this?

Quoted:

Quoted:
So How were you prepared?   Did you have your AR with you?  What?   Anything less, and you were "trapped", not prepared.

we had mr heckler and mr koch riding with us

You had an unloaded HK in your car?
Throwing it at him might leave a scar I guess.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:15:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Last time a guy followed me home he didnt do a very good job of hiding it. He had lights on his roof and they were flashing all the way.

I spotted him right away.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:24:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Let go of you pride and LISTEN to what everyone here is telling you.
Your intentions were good, your execution was poor and put yourself and your family at additional risk.
For you and your familys sake, reevaluate your actions and realize how you could have handled the situation better.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
like I said I was prepared if he would have got out and a confrentation ensued I can assure you he would have lost. he did have out of state tags. My wife said later that she never would have noticed this. moral of the story pay attention to your environment at all times

(take your own advice next time.)

You have no way of knowing the outcome if the SHTF.
You ASSume you would prevail but sometimes bravdo does not work.
As others have said, your tactics on that day sucked.
Don't take it as an insult, take it as a learning tool.

+1  You put you family at great risk by traping yourself like that.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:30:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, well since you're shouting you're clearly right and I'm clearly wrong.  Clearly you were prepared and he was at your mercy.

'bye now.

Thanks for admitting your mistake no hard feeling see ya at the next shoot!! by the way I WAS PREPARED IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. I really don't understand why everyone is piling on me here. I understand NOW LOOKING back I should have handled things differently but that was then I can't go back and have a do over. I've been on this site for a long time and don't appreciate the Bull$hit I'm getting from some of you. SORRY I was  just a law abidding person on my way home. Yes looking back I WOULD DO IT DIFFERENTLY. But it's real easy to say I WOULD HAVE DONE THIS OR THAT but you wern't there. I reacted to the situation at the time was it the right response NO. But don't hang me out to dry here I'M ON YOUR SIDE. everyone likes to pile on.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for starting this thread. I've learned a lot. If anyone ever follows me, I'm going to stop down a dark dead end street and get out of my car with no weapon to speak of, except the unloaded and cased firearm in my car and start walking towards them aggressively not knowing who is in the car or how many and they will most certainly drive off in fear for their lives.

Ok, thanks for that tactical lesson.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Even if Wisconsin had concealed carry and even if you were carrying at the time and thus considered yourself "prepared" you still:

Drove to a secluded area
Drove yourself and your family into a trap
Provided no means of escape to your family should your bold plan not work out
You didn't ID the guy and vehicle before exiting yours (supposes you were shot and he drove off.  What type of description would your wife give to the cops?  it was a car?)
You left your vehicle which provided cover and concealed your actions
You walked towards his vehicles meaning he had cover, all his actions were concealed, and you were probably blinded by his headlights
You had no after plan as he fled, which would have been your best case.  Why weren't you prepared to get the plates?

You were not prepared.  You panic and reacted putting yourself and family in a very bad situation.  Just becuase you have a firearm doesn't mean you are "prepared".
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:49:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Let me do some reading between the lines:

"I turn into or sub-divison and he's still behind me so i decide i'm going to snake through the neighborhood to see what this fuck does." =Called my neighbors and told them to ready themselves

"So i finnally said enough is enough i drove down a dead-end guy still following me i got to the end of the street stopped guy stopped behind me." = Put truck in 4 wheel drive truck and is in direction of second way out

"I got out and was approching his car and he put it in reverse and sped off." = One hand on loaded gun with neighbors on their triggers

"By the way I WAS PREPARED."= I wasn't sitting at home like most AW on this sight pretending to know everything about everything when actuallality the closes thing to owning a gun is when you (GSG) sit at a gun shop for half the day and are surrounded by them spewing your pethic shit! of course this is only when mom lets you away from home for that long

I think carhlr concern was there are some nut jobs out there and maybe there are more out here than one thinks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Why are you implying I have committed a crime??? I had no loaded weapon in my car or on my person last time

YOU said you were ready, prepared.   A unloaded, cased gun isn't "ready"

You also say that you were prepared, and better to be judged by 12 - this implies the gun WAS loaded & ready, which in Wisconsin WAS breaking the law.   So don't get defensive and say you weren't

On this day I was not expecting to have this happen  

Rule #1 of having a problem - you will NEVER expect it.  If you did, you'd avoid it
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#16]
"You should've gotton his license number."

How?  Not all states have license plates on the front of vehicles, and if it is at night, you can't see a front plate for the headlights.  If the guy was behind him, which he was, then you can't get a license number, can you?  And the guy BACKED away, a common thing to keep people from seeing a plate number.  

Yes, it was a mistake to lead the follower to his neighborhood, and then turn down a dead end.  

Don't conjecture about the condition of his pistol (cased/uncased, loaded/unloaded).  That is Don't ask/Don't tell.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

How?  Not all states have license plates on the front of vehicles, and if it is at night, you can't see a front plate for the headlights.  If the guy was behind him, which he was, then you can't get a license number, can you?  And the guy BACKED away, a common thing to keep people from seeing a plate number.  

Yes, it was a mistake to lead the follower to his neighborhood, and then turn down a dead end.  

Don't conjecture about the condition of his pistol (cased/uncased, loaded/unloaded).  That is Don't ask/Don't tell.

Thank You
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
On this day I was not expecting to have this happen this was not my fault. I was minding my own buisness HE CREATED THE SITUATION NOT ME. I WAS TRYING TO STOP IT

Jesus H Christ , do you know how much of a victim you sound like here?
No one expects to be murdered, if they did they would lock themselves in their basement.

That is why people like some of us here train, practice and revue tactics with each other for the unforeseeable events that enter our lives, we do this so that we may have a chance to defend our families and ourselves.
It gives us a fighting chance to survive the one in ten thousand chance encounter with a real bad person.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Don't conjecture about the condition of his pistol (cased/uncased, loaded/unloaded).   That is Don't ask/Don't tell.

No conjecture here

Quoted:
Why are you implying I have committed a crime??? I had no loaded weapon in my car or on my person last time I checked it's not illegal to transport a cased weapon!!!!

He's just damn lucky
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
On this day I was not expecting to have this happen this was not my fault. I was minding my own buisness HE CREATED THE SITUATION NOT ME. I WAS TRYING TO STOP IT

Jesus H Christ , do you know how much of a victim you sound like here?
No one expects to be murdered, if they did they would lock themselves in their basement.

That is why people like some of us here train, practice and revue tactics with each other for the unforeseeable events that enter our lives, we do this so that we may have a chance to defend our families and ourselves.
It gives us a fighting chance to survive the one in ten thousand chance encounter with a real bad person.

RANT

This is exactly the bullshit i'm talking about Tactics training.......I'm ex-military the last 2 wis. shoot's I WON rifle and pistol comps so not knowing me don't talk to me about "training" and practice and tactics I've shot more in the last 2 day's than you have in the last 2 years. I sound like a victim Fuck you   RANT
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#21]
7.) Posting topics or discussions with the desire to do the site or community harm.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top