Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 12:22:02 AM EDT
is there some type of ignore feature that allows a certain individuals posts to not show up?

if I see anymore horseshit from napoleon tanerite I'm gonna puke.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:27:40 AM EDT
He isnt that bad....Atleast he paid for his membership... So he does better than alot on here...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:04:19 AM EDT
An ignore feature would be real nice.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:06:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:10:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SP1Grrl:
I keep hoping that I'll wake up one day and a magical 'IGNORE' button will have appeared.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

How ya gonna use it if your fingers are crossed????
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:14:50 AM EDT
The ignore button is available when you upgrade to Platinum Membership.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:09:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By dvr9:

You're joking right?

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:13:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FieroLoki:
He isnt that bad....Atleast he paid for his membership... So he does better than alot on here...

Good old $24 trolls!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:14:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Jon3:

You're joking right?

I am sure he is, but I'd pony up the premium for it if it were true.

IBNT
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:39:03 AM EDT
i ignore alot of people on this site.

they just piss me off
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:42:03 AM EDT

Nice!

Is that like running into a chatroom and saying "This is so cool! Everyone hit ALT+F4 and watch what happens." and watching people drop off the chat?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:44:44 AM EDT
Get a life people....you are beginning to take this internet thing waaaaayyy too seriously.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:46:37 AM EDT
People should not expect to simply preach to the choir. If you can't handle the reality of differing opinions, then maybe you shouldn't be on the net. Thats the real world. Not everyone agrees with you. If its a case of misbahavior, then thats mod business and is best handled by them.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:23:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tc556guy:
People should not expect to simply preach to the choir. If you can't handle the reality of differing opinions, then maybe you shouldn't be on the net. Thats the real world. Not everyone agrees with you. If its a case of misbahavior, then thats mod business and is best handled by them.

It is not about preaching to the choir or dissenting views, it is about people that irritate. Some do it by post whoring, some do it by saying w00t!, some do it by just being themselves.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:27:43 PM EDT
Sure he posts like he makes money from each one, but they don't really bother me.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:30:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/23/2006 12:31:05 PM EDT by HoustonHusker]

Originally Posted By LS:
is there some type of ignore feature that allows a certain individuals posts to not show up?

if I see anymore horseshit from napoleon tanerite I'm gonna puke.

Let's just say he's a very active participant on GD, and he did pony up for the membership. Frankly, I have no problem with him at all.

If you don't like him, just don't read his posts.

HH
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:31:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By yekimak:

It is not about preaching to the choir or dissenting views, it is about people that irritate. Some do it by post whoring, some do it by saying w00t!, some do it by just being themselves.

Then the mods can deal with it. People , I believe, would use it to simply block out anyone they disagree with, and the wind up preaching to the choir.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:32:17 PM EDT
There might be an ignore feature.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:32:55 PM EDT

w00t!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:34:42 PM EDT
Lots of us have asked...I dont think the owners want to venture into changing a canned program...

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:37:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/23/2006 12:40:32 PM EDT by WayneD]

Originally Posted By 89grand:

w00t!

[snicker] +87 [snicker]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:37:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:
Lots of us have asked...I dont think the owners want to venture into changing a canned program...

Hm, I though it was custom.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:39:56 PM EDT
There's always this:

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:41:57 PM EDT

+87
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:42:31 PM EDT

IBTL
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:43:06 PM EDT

Chuck Norris...w00t!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:43:36 PM EDT

Get both!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:43:36 PM EDT
There are several posters with extrememly annoying posting habits, and it would be nice to be able to ignore any posts by them. 'Ignore' would be far more useful than the 'subscriptions' function.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:45:38 PM EDT
That feature was available on another forum I used do use. It's not that great. You see all these replies that make no sense. When you turn off ignore you see that your ignoree was being an ass again.

The nice thing about this site is it's difficult for one post whoring troll to dominate the whole site. I stopped going to Hunt America when two or three guys were responsible for half the topics in the deer hunting forum. No one can hit the submit button fast enough to do that here.
Top Top