Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/22/2006 10:03:29 PM EDT
Im currently looking to get a new cellphone, and ive been looking at verizons LG The V. Does anyone have one? Anyone have any experience with this phone?

Is it a good phone?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:44:02 AM EDT
BTT
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:46:44 AM EDT
I've got one, had it for about a month or so...

The fold-open keypad and screen are very nice. The control pad thingie's a little awkward but you get used to it.

Sounds a lot better than my old LG VX7000, transmits a lot clearer, and gets better reception.

Battery life is "ok"...but, with a fold out big color screen, that's to be expected.

Bluetooth works great. I use a bluetooth earpiece all the time, and it's clear and sharp.

The thing's a little heavy and bulky...personally I like it (that way I won't lose it or forget which pocket I put it in), but not everyone does.

My carrier is Verizon. I don't use any of the v-cast stuff; it's out of my area.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:48:59 AM EDT
I had the VX7000, broke it pushing a POS rice grinder.

Now im usuing my old LG and i hate it, so i think im going to get this phone, and getting bluetooth
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:56:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:57:11 AM EDT
Do they break easy? Seriously? 15 cell phones in about 4 years........ All broke

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:06:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By silveradoguy17:
Do they break easy? Seriously? 15 cell phones in about 4 years........ All broke

Whoa...

How did they break, just rough use, or defects, or...?

If it was rough use...well, the only phones out there that stand up to that are the Nextels..sorry, but those are pretty much the only really ruggedized phones out there. Yah, they aren't as sexy or have the features...but there they only phones out there that'll put up with abuse and keep on working..
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:08:01 AM EDT
This ones gonna be treated nice.....

Nextels are nice, but suck in my area......
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:11:24 AM EDT
My wife just got one when we re-upped w/verizon I got the Razr V3c Both are nice she really likes hers but she does alot more v-cast internet stuff text messaging all that and for her the bluetooth is great --sounds better than the phone does and I can hear her better when shes using it. Its a nice phone but too bulky for me the Razr is compact enough forme to carry around all day and never notice it.
Top Top